Home Forums Explore Subjects Artwork from Life Scavenger Hunt #529: Jan 31-Feb 8

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    Eye

I did not see the list from Robin for this Hunt…. So I upload this list instead…!!!

If you’ve done at least one Scavenger Hunt and have time to host one, we’d really appreciate it! You can sign up by posting your name and the current hosting list stickie on Artwork from Life forum:

https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=366347&page=55

Rules for Hunting:

* All items on the list must be sketched from life–not imagination nor photo references
        * Each object you draw can count for only one item on the list, no matter how many shapes/parts/colors that object contains. This was agreed to by unanimous vote among the participants
        * You may place multiple objects together in a drawing or painting, and may count those objects as separate list items, but no single object can count for more than one list item.
        * All items posted must be numbered. Count them as you go. The first item you sketch and post will be #1 regardless of its place on the list. Do them in whatever order you wish, but count them in the order in which you sketch them, from 1 to 26.

Do as many or as few items as you like; you don’t have to finish the entire list to participate! You don’t have to comment on every post, but comment, if and when you can.

Scavenger Hunts last for 9 days, with the next hunt starting on the 9th day.

Please tell us your size, surface, medium, and the amount of time it took you to do each sketch. We love hearing about your subjects and setups. Photos of your subjects are also welcome!

———————————————-
        Scavenger Hunt #529: Jan 31-Feb 8
        ———————————————-
        Food
        Food for thought
        can
        can’t do without
        candy

seed
        tree
        bush
        leaf — challenge#1 many kinds of leaves
        flower — challenge#2 many kinds of flowers

book
        newspaper
        journal
        paper box
        paper bag

shoes
        sandals
        hat
        umbrella
        your favorite piece of attire

love
        hate
        cozy
        staircase
        column
        architecture

Ai

Painting is my soul. My blog.
        https://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/01-Feb-2009/4926-ai_signature_Feb09.gif

Thanks for the list, Ai. Robin must be asleep!:confused:

My blog https://jocastilloartblog.blogspot.com/
        My website https://jocastilloart.com

Joan T

Thanks for jumping in, Ai. I’m late to get the list and have busy days ahead, but I’ll try to get something done for this hunt.

[FONT=Book Antiqua]Joan T
            [FONT=Book Antiqua]www.watercolorsbyjoan2.blogspot.com

eyepaint

Hi Ai, thank you for jumping in. Happy Sketching, everyone!!

-- EP Moderator for:
                All Media Art Events, Artwork From Life, Art Journals

"J"

I thought I’d let you know what’s going on in my life.

My dad passed away 2 weeks ago. He had Alzheimer’s and was 91 yrs old. His memorial was Saturday. It was a blessing that he passed now before he forgot who my mom is. They’ve been married 69 and a half years and I think it would have really been devastating to her for him not to recognize who she was. She’s also not that great of shape and it was really wearing her down to have to take care of him.

2nd bad news is my yellow lab Penny had to be put down Monday. I’m having a really hard time dealing with her loss as she was my shadow. I didn’t take a step without her being right there.

And I still haven’t moved yet but it’s getting closer. Should be sometime in February. I’m just ready to get the move over with and get everything all settled down.

Keep up the good work. I check in every so often.

Eye

Hi all,

J: Thanks for letting us know of your life. My condolence goes for your late dad. I hope you have a smooth move.

Ai

https://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/01-Feb-2009/4926-ai_signature_Feb09.gif

Scattykat

Hi all, thanks for the new list Ai…
                            J: I’m so sorry for your losses, sending hugs…
                            …spent a lovely day yesterday visiting a local museum, drinking tea n eating cake, and of course sketching. I sketched this Roman stone head, he is rather strange looking, but t’was good exercise. Finished it off at home. Graphite in a4 sketch book, must have taken a couple of hours me thinks…

1. architecture…

:cat: :wave:

Scatty ....
                            ..................all things come to those who dreamzzzzzzz...[/COLOR]

White Pen

Heya

thanks for the list … a list which starts with food is a good list :lol:

hope i can get in soon …:wink2:

Cheers W.P. covered with snow +1° C ….

Humor is just another defense against the universe.........On-Line Homebase........

Sorry I missed my duty –
                                I had it on the calendar and had been keeping an eye on it for several weeks, and then a couple days I decided to go to Israel to visit with my Kabbalah Friends at the annual world Congress and got swept away in making arrangements.
                                Thanks for covering for me EP.:heart:

Scatty – that is an interesting bust…..kinda primitive looking for what I thought came from Rome. Perhaps it is the beginnings of a piece???

Robin
                                The mediator between head and hands must
                                be the heart. Harbou - Metropolis
                                http://virtualparsnip.blogspot.com/

Well, I have to do a do-over, I closed the window and lost my comments while looking for my image. Sigh…..

“J”, so sorry about your dad. Hopefully your mom can get some of her strength back and do well. You will miss Penny, a great companion for you. Hugs and good positives from here.

Scatty, what a stern looker in your architecture. He would have been a good watchman.

WP, we hope your food inspires you and you will get to sketch.

Robin, that is a pretty good excuse and exciting for you. Hope you get to sketch a lot there. We will forgive you…..at least I will. Smiling.

I sketched in the big book with Prismacolor marker/pens.
                                Number 1, seed – I got out the pine cone and realized it is a pod not a seed, then found the packet of seeds and used the pine cone for an easel to hold it upright.

White Pen

Heya

Oh thanks for the list Eye …:thumbsup: …in , in the hunt .

Hi SK and Jo love what you draw :thumbsup:

——————————————————-

Grab the ink pen box for a 2 x 20 min session in” The 2017″ sketchbook, soon is filled do the end with hunting stuff .

The A5 size is stll a challenge to get all in , i missed this …but 90% of the list is done .

Here the snowfall today glued me to couch …:lol: I´m not much in TV mood so i faced the challenge drawing .

A question rising up : Is it anygood to start with full or empty stomage for a drawing session…:lol: :wink2: ..let me know …

here the chaos…

C+C Welcome

Cheers W.P. in the power ähh …powder snow :rolleyes: +1°C …

Humor is just another defense against the universe.........On-Line Homebase........

Scattykat

Thanks Jo, Robin n WP…
                                        Jo, the pine cones great, I have drawn them a few times and find them really tuf. Hope you get t plant those seeds 😉
                                        WP, another wild n lively group of sketches, but I hope the ‘I hate drawing’ isn’t true! 😳

8, tree, well it is a piece of a tree 😝 Graphite, water sol pen in grot sketchy, about 30 mins ish.

:cat: :wave:

Scatty ....
                                        ..................all things come to those who dreamzzzzzzz...[/COLOR]

WP, Applause!! Love the tree with roots! Hate drawing?? My drawing is love-hate. It is sort of like homework for painting.

Scatty, pretty cute tree and seeds.

I’m taking the day off, we are going to a Revel in Austin. Classical music in a casual setting. Always fun.

Eye

Great job Scatty, Jo, and WP ….

Ai

jmfletch

Slow start on this hunt. Still trying new techniques with graphite.

Jeanne – prayers are with you. Has to be a struggle to lose them both so close. Hugs.

Scatty – At first I thought that was a bust of Lenin until I read your post. Not a typical Roman sculpture. Nice shading. What is a grot? You use that frequently and I have no idea what it is. Nice media mix of pen and graph
                                                ite.

Jo – the pine Cone makes a good seed holder. Nice pen work.

WP – your pages always bring a smile. Thanks.

Robin & Ai 👋🏼

1 food – last cheese and cracker on the plate. 4H, H, 2B leads in clutch pencils on about a half page in 8.5 x 5.5 in sketchbook

Keep sketching
                                                Joe

“The act of art can be so relaxing after you get over yourself.” - Quoting Robin

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.