Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

After 2 months of work, I have created my bird women series for the Confluence Art Gallery in Twisp, WA.

They are 22×28 inches on hot pressed watercolor paper.

So here are all three Bird Women together! They feature a Mallee Ringed Neck Parrot, Eclectus Parrot, and Plum Headed Parrot. Each one is done in watercolors and colored pencils. For this series, I kept with a limited palette, even if it doesn’t look like it. I started with a watercolor base for their skin and was more detailed on their hair, clothing and background. I used Daniel Smith’s Phthalo Blue Green Shade, Hansa Yellow Medium, and Quinacridone Rose and painted with a variety of Escoda Versatil Brushes. Those brushes are synthetic, and I’m a big fan of that. The skin, birds, and other general clean up was done with a handful of Colored Pencils (Faber-Castell Polychromos, Prismacolor, and Caran d’Ache Luminance.) I spent nearly 2 months working on these three ladies and I couldn’t be prouder of how they turned out!

Attalus

Very nice

Bill was a long time valued member of our community who passed away after a lengthy illness. We will miss him. Rest in peace.

"Modern art is what happens when painters stop looking at girls and persuade themselves that they have a better idea."- John Ciardi

My dA page:http://attalus.deviantart.com/

Beautiful work!

C&C always welcome. Michelle

mkmcreations.com
        Every painting is a new adventure.

Boafamily

These colorful beauties and just marvelous.

How lovely!

The ladies are gorgeous as are the birds. I love the backgrounds too.

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
            Find me on Instagram
            Find me on Facebook

talisman

These are lovely. You should be proud!
                They are so bright and vibrant.
                Good luck on the Gallery.

Dianna WC! Guide: Fantasy/Sci-Fi Art
                C and C always welcome.
                My DeviantArt Gallery

Thank you so much everyone! I’m glad you like them :-)

KarenESP

Those are Beautiful!!! I’m a sucker for big color, love them all!! Thanks for all the notes, materials, colors. If I had to pick a fav, it would be the middle one because of the direct eye contact with the viewer and the crop of the sky is larger which makes it more…. makes her seem more important (more of a regal portrait) and draws the focus on her better than the shorter crops of the sky area. But they are all great.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.