WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Artwork from Life
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-29-2015, 08:04 AM
WC! Guide
Regina, Saskatchewan CANADA

Hails from Canada
Scavenger Hunt #392: Jan 29-Feb 6

If you've participated in at least one Scavenger Hunt and have time to host one we would really appreciate it. You can sign up by posting your name on the current hosting schedule in the Art From Life forum here:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=366347

Here are the rules for the hunt:

*All items on the list must be sketched from life - not imagination or photo reference.

*Each object you draw can count for only one item on the list, no matter how many shapes/parts/colors that object contains. This was agreed on by unanimous vote among the participants.

*You may place multiple objects together in a drawing or painting, and may count these objects as separate items, but no single object can count for more than one item.

*All items posted must be numbered. Count them as you go. The first item you post will be #1 regardless of its place on the list. Do them in whatever order you wish, but count them in the order in which you sketch them, from 1 to 26.

Do as many or as few of the items as you like. You don't have to finish the entire list to participate. The Scavenger Hunt "week" will last for 9 days, with the next hunt starting on the 9th day.

Please tell us your size, surface, medium, and the amount of time it took you for each sketch. We love hearing about your subjects and setups. Photos of your subjects are welcome.

*** If you have some hunt sketches completed but little time to read/comment, please post your sketches anyway. Commenting is appreciated but not necessary.

Welcome to Scavenger Hunt #392: Jan 29-Feb 6

.landscape
.still life
.portrait
.wildlife
.abstract
.a drawing of your favorite media (maybe IN your favorite media too)
.a drawing of your LEAST favorite media (maybe IN your favorite media too)
.your best friend (man or beast)
.what is flowering at the moment
.what you are having for lunch
.music you are listening to
.where you sit
.favorite cushion
.something GREEN
.favorite pair of socks
.a memory maker
.makes you happy
.reminds you of Dance
.reminds you of Sunshine
.reminds you of Work
.reminds you of Play
.memory of your mom or dad
.delicious dessert
.favorite drink
.YOUR favorite color
.favorite book

challenge: do one as a continual contour drawing (dont lift your pen off the paper)
have fun

“It’s possible to have an awesome life, but it’s up to ourselves to do it.” RIL, Weekly Drawing Event, Want to host a WDE? Hosts needed starting in Feb 2017. Sign up in the Schedule thread here .
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-29-2015, 11:50 AM
A Local Legend
Bastrop, Texas

Hails from United States
Re: Scavenger Hunt #392: Jan 29-Feb 6

Bonnie, thanks for the new list. See how it goes!
Winston Churchill
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-29-2015, 12:42 PM
A Local Legend
Bangkok, Thailand

Hails from Thailand

Bonnie: Love the list ... thanks...!!!

Painting is my soul. My blog.
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-29-2015, 01:03 PM
A WC! Legend
Cumbria

Hails from United Kingdom

thanks for the new list Bonnie, got me mojo kick started a bit today , and looks like I'm first away woo hoo

1 landscape - outta my studio window, a rather scabby sketch of a rainy and grey day, n poor Anaise is waiting for her cakettes...

2 still life - a tiny one, my lil ceramic chicken, always makes me think of Gladys, so ...
3 memory maker

4 portrait - this is a plastecine head I made t' help me with a project, I keep it on me shelf along with another one I made the first year I played on wetcanvas, just can't bring meself to squidge 'em up again... all three with mainly watercolours in me homemade grot paper sketch book...

#5   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-29-2015, 01:44 PM
WC! Guide

Hails from Canada

congrats on being first kat and getting your mojo back!
wonderful landscape, hope it dries up for poor Anaise
sweet gladys, lovely memory
love the portrait in hand , (as it were)

I have a few I have been doing at work today, will scan when I get home
(15 minutes to go)

“It’s possible to have an awesome life, but it’s up to ourselves to do it.” RIL, Weekly Drawing Event, Want to host a WDE? Hosts needed starting in Feb 2017. Sign up in the Schedule thread here .
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-29-2015, 03:59 PM
A Local Legend
Washington state

Hails from United States

Great list, Bonnie! Looks like fun. I'm hoping I've overcome the decidedly UN-fun problems I've had with posting images. Maybe this time I'll practice and make sure I've got it down before sketching anything. :-) I think the problem is primarily my unfamiliarity with a new device. There were some fantastic sketches in the previous thread - I hope I'll be able to participate more in this one.

Scatty - lovely horse scene and good job on capturing a gray and rainy feel. Is your horse named after Anais Nin? I guess the spelling is different - rarely seen at all here in the U.S. - but it made mecurious, so I had to ask. Very cute ceramic chicken and interesting head - his expression looks just a little threatening!

“Life is a pure flame and we live by an invisible sun within us.”
― Sir Thomas Browne

Last edited by AnnieA : 01-29-2015 at 04:13 PM.
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-29-2015, 04:54 PM
central Ohio

Hails from United States

great list Bonnie, some of those will definitely be a challenge for me

Scatty- you really took off out of the starting gate! yeah for getting the sketching going! wonderful capture of the grey/wet day, lovely horse, cute chicken, and cool head

for today I have...
#1: best friend- well, one of them my kitty Salem ...and challenge accepted! the sketch was done as a continual contour... however, she gets very curious hearing pen against paper and kept moving her head, and then got up before I got to her body
#2: dwg of favorite media (in said media)- my PITT pen and watercolors, my go-to for my sketchbook

#8   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-29-2015, 10:27 PM
A WC! Legend
Long Island

Hails from United States

Kat - Thanks for the new list! Nice landscape. Cute chicken/memory maker. I like your sculpted head.

Epoh - Good continuous line of Salem. Nice sketch of your watercolor palette and pen.

1 - reminds me of play - watercolors and ink (Done after I was able to get my car out after our snowstorm.)
Attached Images

#9   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-30-2015, 05:06 AM
A WC! Legend
Cumbria

Hails from United Kingdom

thanks peeps
Annie - she's not my horse, she's the lady next door's, not sure if she's named after Anais Nin, here in France they have year letters, so if the letter for the year is 'A', then they choose a name that starts with the letter 'A' - it's so they can easily remember the year an animal was born I think
Epoh - love your non compliant models portrait, she looks a darling, even tho' she wouldn't keep still t'is a good continuous line. Animals make the best friends me thinks. love watercolours too
Joan - sorry s'not my scav ht list, t'was me last week, this ones Bonnie's. Love your snowy scenes, hope your havin' some fun in it...
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-30-2015, 08:55 AM
WC! Guide

Hails from Canada

Epoh, excellent answer to the one line challenge, yes animals often do make the best friends, love the favorite media IN the favorite media 9also my choice)
Joan a wonderful snow scene especially after the dumping you just got
here is the start of mine
1. portrait of one of my cats Codi, her eyes got big, as she turned in mid drawing, no erasing when you draw in pen
2. reminds me of work, because it was AT work, a continual contour of my two monitors (stamped BG)

3. landscape of my back yard in winter

4. something green, my teabag holder and
5. favorite drinks- dark roast coffee and Rooibus tea

#11   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-30-2015, 06:46 PM
Enthusiast
Texas

Hails from United States

Bonnie- Thanks for the new list. Nice portrait. Like the snowy landscape. Pretty teabag holder. Nice tea and coffee
Scatty- Pretty landscape. Cute little chicken. Interesting face in your hand
Epoh- Like the Pitt pen and watercolors Expressive sketch of Salem
Joan- Fun playful sketch

1. what I had for lunch (sandwich), pencil
2. favorite socks, watercolor pencils
  #12   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-30-2015, 09:21 PM
A Local Legend
Bangkok, Thailand

Hails from Thailand

Wonderful sketches, you all, Kat, Joan, Epoh, Bonnie, and Kivrin.

BTW, today is a #46 World-Wide-SketchCrawl... Let's do sketching around your place and share your sketch here at WC or at www.sketchcrawl.com

Painting is my soul. My blog.
  #13   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-30-2015, 09:22 PM
central Ohio

Hails from United States

Joan- love your winter play scene! I need to practice drawing people (and that many! wow!) great work

Bonnie- lovely sketches! we must be sisters from a previous life... kitties, tea and coffee, little things with birdies on them... I have a love for those things as well

Kivrin- your socks have awesome texture! they look nice and warm!
  #14   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-30-2015, 10:03 PM
A Local Legend
Bastrop, Texas

Hails from United States

Scatty, love the horse, wish I was near one. Such a neat chicken. What a neat portrait head!

Hope, great continuous kitty and nice watercolors.

Joan, ahhh, love the sledders.

Bonnie, love your happy colors. Good job on the greenand tea/coffee. Snow on the deck, pretty but not for me. Ha. Good job on the kitty and our work monitors.

Kivrin, comfy socks. We have needed warm ones. I sure enjoyed the three days of sun. Good bread slices/sandwich.
Winston Churchill
  #15   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-31-2015, 12:21 PM
central Ohio

Hails from United States

#3: a memory maker- a small pillow made from upcycled local quilts that I bought on a trip to West Virginia with my mother
#4: something green- an old flower frog
#5: favorite color- an egg cup from the 1950s in turquoise