Home Forums The Town Center Welcome Forum! Hello! New Member here

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    SlopBlot

[FONT=Arial Black]My name is Sheri and I live in a tiny town near Freeport MI. We have a MEAP farm, 1 of 50 in the entire state- for crops and animals.Meap[/FONT]
        [FONT=Arial Black]means we are environmentally active. Humane also. [/FONT]
        [FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Arial Black] We do raise our own farm animals to eat. Our
        [/FONT][FONT=Arial Black]farm is rotated crops, corn, soy beans, etc. Our stream is a[/FONT]
        [FONT=Arial Black]MI stocked trout river. I have never caught one, and don’t hunt.[/FONT] [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial Black]My hubby and I are 65 and don’t stop. He is a guitarist. I am an[/FONT]
        [FONT=Arial Black]artist. Watercolors are a delight! I sell my watercolors too![/FONT]

[FONT=Arial Black]l write short stories and they are published. Mostly funny ones.
        [/FONT]
        [FONT=Arial Black]I design clothing and can visualize the construction and then[/FONT]
        [FONT=Arial Black]create it. Now I am adding machine embroidery to them. OMG.[/FONT]
        [FONT=Arial Black]I had a bridal business, but now sew only for family and friends.[/FONT]
        [FONT=Arial Black]I teach sewing also.
        [/FONT]
        [FONT=Arial Black]I landscape large gardens and putz around. I love watering with a hose.
        [/FONT]
        [FONT=Arial Black]I have studied art from Art League in NYC, attended SVA, and[/FONT]
        [FONT=Arial Black]finished my degree at Academy of Art University. (cum laude!)[/FONT][FONT=Arial Black]
        [/FONT]
        [FONT=Arial Black]Oh yes, we rescue Mastiffs- I am on the board of GLMR.org, and[/FONT]
        [FONT=Arial Black]we have Percherons and Selle Francaise horses. And, a 40 foot[/FONT]
        [FONT=Arial Black]horse trailer with classy living quarters for horses (own air[/FONT]
        [FONT=Arial Black]conditioner) and humans. We also have a Chug, a Pug and[/FONT]
        [FONT=Arial Black]a new Mastiff. [/FONT][FONT=Arial Black]
        [/FONT]
        [FONT=Arial Black]I can’t wait to learn about everyone here! Artists are super[/FONT]
        [FONT=Arial Black]creative, driven and excited about everything.
        [/FONT]
        [FONT=Arial Black]Please feel free to contact me. Take care all.
        [/FONT]
        [FONT=Arial Black]
        [/FONT]
        [FONT=Arial Black]
        [/FONT]

I Hate bodily functions! :o They are such time wasters and interfere with what I am doing.

Hi, it’s nice to meet you. You sound very busy!

In case you’re not familiar with forums, we contact each other by posting in the forums themselves. There are many forums here for all sorts of mediums and genres as well as forums for learning and creativity and more. If you look at the index there is a brief description of every forum that will help you find where you’d like to go.

For help navigating the site, information and how to’s on inserting images and more, please read the Member FAQ’s. Let us know at anytime if you need help. :)

Welcome to WetCanvas!

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
        Find me on Instagram
        Find me on Facebook

talisman

Welcome Sheri!
            You do sound very busy. I hope you enjoy exploring here.
            Wet Canvas is a great place to explore and learn!
            Look around and find a subject or medium you like, there is truly something for everyone here.
            Things are arranged here by subject and also by medium.
            Have fun looking around, lots of things to do, Learning Areas and Monthly Challenges in several forums.
            Look at some of the forums and you’ll soon find a fit that’s right for you, or maybe several forums!

Dianna WC! Guide: Fantasy/Sci-Fi Art
            C and C always welcome.
            My DeviantArt Gallery

Jon

Welcome to WC.
                We look forward to seeing some of your work.

A few starter tips:
                * You can access any Forum by using the “Forum Jump” located at the bottom right of the screen or the Channels drop down menu at the upper left
                * Moderators and Guides have links in their Signature lines to address FAQ’s
                * There are “Stickys’’ (permanent threads that “stick” at the top of all thread listings) that are full of helpful information.
                *You can use Google Advanced Search to help you locate topics of interest on WC by simply entering WetCanvas in the blank asking for a domain name

Hi Sheri, what an interesting life you have. Welcome to the forum.

This is a terrific community and a wonderful resource, and you will find forums for just about every art and craft medium here, it’s worth exploring the full list of the forums.[/url] Read the posting rules at the top of the forums there may be restricted posting.

The links in the top line of my signature will help with the forum and how to resize and post your pictures. You can start uploading pictures on your third post.

When you get the uploader box and browse for your photos, make sure you select “All files” or you will not see your jpg files.

If you have a particular site problem, click on my name and send me a private message (pm).

As you are working in watercolors I suggest you check out the Watercolor Forum The links in my signature will take you to lots of watercolour demos, workshops, articles, videos and free online tutorials.

There are many talented and generous artists in the forum who will love to share your art.

Introduce yourself in the “Daily Wash” in the Palette Talk forum – they are a great bunch of folks.

I look forward to seeing some of your work in the Watercolor Gallery, or in the Watercolor Studio if you need advice. Technical questions are asked in the Learning Zone.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

Greggo

Welcome to WC!

Lots of fine folks here, you will meet many of them as you browse about.
                    It’s worth exploring the full list of the forums.

Sharing, learning and teaching others is the best way to fan the creative flames.
                    The friendly members here will try to help you with any questions.

Be sure to review the guidelines for commercial uses,
                    Read about the use of images in the Reference Library.

There are all levels of artists here, working in virtually all mediums.
                    There are many talented people from many lands.

Looking forward to seeing your art.
                    Looking forward getting to know you!

Links to additional information contained in my signature line below.
                    Feel free to ask us any questions you have.

(The Abstract & Contemporary Forum is where I am usually found.)

Greggo

https://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/17-Jul-2013/110200-Tatrabanner.jpg [FONT=Times New Roman] Click here for>> WC FAQS >

opainter

Hello, Sheri! Welcome to WetCanvas! :)

WetCanvas is a great place to find help and camaraderie with other artists of all skill levels.

Find an interesting conversation in the forums, or start a new one, and join in!

To receive comments and critiques from other members, which you may find helpful, include “C & C welcome” within your post or signature line.

Please let us know if we can be of further help.

Thanks for joining!
                        See you in the forums! :wave:

AJ (opainter), C&C always welcome
                        :::: Helpful links for new users: User Agreement || Reference Images || C&C Suggestions || Color Theory and Mixing (color theory and color selection) || Full List of Forums
                        :::: Painting Blog with an article now and then

SlopBlot

Thank you to Vicky (vmrs) for good help offer and getting me intrigued about miniatures.

Thank you Dianna (Talisman) for news about challenges and learning here. I also love SciFi, but hard scifi. I love Robert Aspirin who writes about fantasy in a very homestyle style, sort of kitchen table talk. Reminds me of Asimovs early robot novels.

Jon! Poor Jon, he has endured my bewildering wanderings. Thank you for great directions to begin with here at WC.

Thank you to Doug (Yorky) for showing me your wonderful links and how to upload images. I will learn my way here with your help and suggestion of the Watercolor Forum. I think my first stop will be the Daily Wash, as you suggested.

Thank you Greggo (Birdhs) to let me know the members here will help me. I need to see what abstract and contemporary art is, now. In my heyday, Warhols soupcans were outrageous. Who wouldda thunk it?

Lastly, but not the end of making friends, Tip O’ my hat to opainter- for great links and I will look at the reference images forum you suggested.

Thanks to all, and see you around. I am glad to be here…. living on a farm is ideal but I miss the companionship of creative souls.
                            Sheri

I Hate bodily functions! :o They are such time wasters and interfere with what I am doing.

talisman

Sheri I hope to see you in the Fantasy Sci-Fi forum, it’s a small but fun group.
                                I love Asimov and had the pleasure of a long chat with him long ago (1973).

I’m also in a rural area so this is my art group.

Dianna WC! Guide: Fantasy/Sci-Fi Art
                                C and C always welcome.
                                My DeviantArt Gallery

SlopBlot

Sheri I hope to see you in the Fantasy Sci-Fi forum, it’s a small but fun group. I love Asimov and had the pleasure of a long chat with him long ago (1973). I’m also in a rural area so this is my art group.

hi i went there yesterday and loved the contests! i will have to get busy putting in my doodles… haha have thousand ideas and 1 bucket of completed art stuff.

in 1973 i was at new mexico institute of mining and technology. at that time there were about 900 students total. fabulous place ufo’s free exploration in science, international students… :mail:

we live on a long dirt road inbetween hastings mi and freeport mi.

our farm is wigglypaw farm, because we love pugs so much, and they always have shaking paws and arms when they are about to explode in a chase. we rescue mastiffs and percherons. we grow crops on 30 acres. its very beautiful here. :yahoo:

ethan11

Hello to all I am newbie here and I am glad to be part of this community and I think there is lot of thing to learn and gain knowledge and that’s why I am came up with this OGWhatsApp modified version of Whatsapp and want to know is it safe to use or not? :good:

App details you can check here: https://gbapps.net/ogwhatsapp-apk/

Davidjack

Welcome to the community. Enjoy your best time here. For your reference, I would like to add something here for fonts issues. You can get the easy solution using this platform if you need any further assistance with the fonts https://masterbundles.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/font-licensing-guide.pdf For me I love this platform to use and get the solution.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.