Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    nha63

Not really sure what gloxinia are; the reference said they grow in ‘summer gardens’, which leads me to believe that’s some place where there are winter gardens too, which is an impossibility in my neck of the woods. This is a companion to ‘Pansies’; I actually used the exact same leaf colors in both, though these seem more successful; 8×10 on Coulorfix; Mount Visions plus a few strays (the green in the background is the Sennelier 179); please let me know what you think. Thanks for looking; Happy Holidays. Neal

water girl

Happy Holidays, Neal! I too had to look them up. I think you’ve captured the flower and leaves quite nicely.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Karen, IAPS/MC, PSA WC Moderator-Pastels

web site , Getting started in soft pastels., What you need to know, Critique Guide Lines

franglais

Beautiful, Neal. I have seen Gloxinia for sale in stores, but it was long ago. I don’t have a green thumb for indoor plants. But this is a really nice rendering!

ScarlettRose

Absolutely gorgeous, and very realistc looking.

Cheers Rosie.

Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up.” ― Pablo Picasso
                    [/COLOR][FONT="Verdana"]:wink2:

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.