Home Forums Explore Media Photography The Shutterbug Pub Shutterbug Weekend 22 & 23 February 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Don

Welcome to another weekend everyone. I haven’t checked in for a couple of days, been kind of busy with “stuff”. Trying to figure out how to preserve access to all my photos when swapping out a hard drive (which has the photos on it) to a new 4TB internal drive. Grrr. Adobe doesn’t make it easy.

Also preparing a presentation to one of the local camera clubs for next month. I’m doing it on the recent trip to Bosque del Apache and the birding trip to Ohio last May.

Rain is out of the picture for a while but I haven’t anything new to show, so here is one from January. This is a Vermillion Flycatcher, usually found well west of Georgia, but has been showing up in the panhandle of Florida for the past several years. I always enjoy getting photos of him

Photo site - http://donlwilliamsphotography.com

"A moment in time
        Immortalized forever
        With silver and light"

damar

Thanks for starting the weekender, Don.
            The Flycatcher is beautiful!
            I archived all my photos onto a NAS
            and lost all my keywords.
            It was a bit slow over the network so I
            got a USB storage, its much faster, but I still have lost the ability to key word
            search. (will only pic up on files an folders that are named)
            I file by date chronology then keyword.
            So now I’m going to have to start using “tags” sdince I switched to
            Mac.
            I feel like I spend way too much time managing data!

Fujifilm X100F, XT20 + Nikon Camera Bodies & Lenses
            Photos are ©2021
            Rich

Morning Don and all,
                Tough luck on the swapping hard drives. It is a pain but you are smart to back them up!
                The Vermillion Flycatcher is an awesome photo, good job!

Here are some parrots from Cartagena, Colombia.

Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless. –Mother Teresa
                Cameras Canon SX160IS, SX740HS ELPH 170IS Photoshop Elements 2021, Topaz Studio, Adjust, and Simplify
                Website http://rich-stedman.pixels.com

Anonymous

Gorgeous bird and superb capture, Don.

Beautiful parrots, Rich.

It’s 6:00 AM Saturday here; it was forecast to have been raining since midnight but nothing so far, although I did just hear some distant thunder. We could use the rain.

I saw this beauty earlier in the week; the classic 57 Chevy, I believe.

[Nikon D7500 + Nikkor 18-300 shot at 44mm, manual mode, 1/1250 sec, f/5.6, ISO 360, processed in ACR & PSCS5]

I feel like I spend way too much time managing data!

Me too, Damar!

Have a great weekend everyone.

Hey people, what a great start to this weekend’s weekender. Thanks, Don.

Don, I did miss you and am glad that it was just a technical issue. Whew. Though it does sound like a mess and a challenge that you are facing.
                    The red flycatcher is quite a catch. :lol: I am very much impressed that you have been asked to be a presenter at your club meeting. hurray for you and good luck. Let us know how it goes.

Patty,
                    Bummer about the loss of your keywords. That’s tragic especially since you seem to have had such a good cataloguing system. You were always able to come up with a photo from your archives that related to the current theme.

Dave,
                    Love the back end of the Chevy. Great find.

Rich,
                    Colorful capture. Were the birds wild or were they in a sanctuary? I wonder if the biggest Predators of parrots is man. Hmmm, I shall have to look that up.

I sometimes wonder, if I didn’t have my face in front of a computer all the time, what could I all be accomplishing? Clean the basement? Clean out my cupboards? Get rid of all of my excessive junk I have accumulated since childhood? So much to be done and no desire to do it. I really need to get around to it, however.

When we went to the art fair at the beachlast Sunday, we came across the sweetest little dog. Not many dogs that I would love to snatch up and take home, even pups, but this one was an exception.

This guy wouldn’t let me have it though. I can see why.

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
                    Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

To quote myself:

I sometimes wonder, if I didn’t have my face in front of a computer all the time, what could I all be accomplishing? Clean the basement? Clean out my cupboards? Get rid of all of my excessive junk I have accumulated since childhood?

But in my defense:

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
                    Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

Rich

Thanks Dave, yes a 57′ Chevy and a beaut!

Thanks Lorell, that is a cute dog! He could be in movies!

Love the sign! :lol: :thumbsup:

Yes the birds were in a sanctuary.

Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless. –Mother Teresa
                        Cameras Canon SX160IS, SX740HS ELPH 170IS Photoshop Elements 2021, Topaz Studio, Adjust, and Simplify

damar

What a GREAT weekend thread so far!!!

Rich,
                            Those are beautiful birds
                            (mccaws?) So brilliant!
                            (and LOUD!) I hope they were behaving!

Dave, you are not going to believe this but we just saw a ’56-57 painted in the same color not even an hour ago!
                            We didn’t see the tag on it though! What a coincidence!
                            Nice photo!

Lorell, I probably have you beat with things I should be doing
                            and stuff that will never get done.
                            We must do this…for our kids sake!
                            (the basement—)
                            That is the cutest little dog I have ever seen!
                            He almost doesn’t look real!

We had heavy frost last night but go up this morning and went to the
                            State Botanical Gardens. We had just planned to visit the conservatory.
                            It’s orchid season!

Photos are ©2021
                            Kraffty

The birds look great and reminded me of a picture I took with our Coolpix 600 when I first bought it.

[ATTACH]871289[/ATTACH]

Mike

damar

Hi Mike,
                                    Thats a good amount of zoom right there!
                                    Looks fast! I do prefer to see them with wing motion blur too,
                                    because is one of their most amazing features.

More Orchids from the Botanical Garden
                                    this morning.

Photos are ©2021
                                    Rich

Patty, I don’t know if they were Mccaw or not. What a pretty bouquet of flowers! Beautiful!

Mike, hard to stop a hummingbirds wings and I agree with Patty, I like the blur. Good one! Welcome to the forum!

Very well planned composition Patty, nice diagonal lines! Such a pretty flower. Isn’t the orchid the one that produces the vanilla bean? Maybe from Mexico?

damar

Very well planned composition Patty, nice diagonal lines! Such a pretty flower. Isn’t the orchid the one that produces the vanilla bean? Maybe from Mexico?

Thanks Rich,
                                            I have no idea about the vanilla bean but maybe our resident botanist
                                            knows the answer.
                                            I do know there are many varieties of orchids.
                                            That first photo was part of a walk under trellis.
                                            They did a beautiful job in honor of this orchid season.

This is the view of the Conservatory from the gardens below.

Photos are ©2021

Hi again, Mike.
                                            We like hummingbirds here, just ask Dave (DROLL). He has an Anna Hummingbird that nests every year outside of his house. He gets some awesome photos just like yours.

Patty,
                                            You are not kidding, they did a great job of arranging those orchids. You do not see them displayed much like that. Usually each type goes solo but I like how they are all different colors and all together. The conservatory is huge. I bet it takes a while to walk through that. You must have some big trees in there too that take up a lot of the upper space.

Well, I am debating on whether to take the camera to the beach tonight to take the sunset once again. Although we started in the 50’s today, it ended up in the mid 60’s. Warm enough to go for an ice cream after today’s dinner. Ahhh, what a life.

See you later all.
                                            LORELL

damar

Patty,
                                                You are not kidding, they did a great job of arranging those orchids. You do not see them displayed much like that. Usually each type goes solo but I like how they are all different colors and all together. The conservatory is huge. I bet it takes a while to walk through that. You must have some big trees in there too that take up a lot of the upper space.

Thanks Lorell.
                                                They are adding onto it at this time, so there was a lot of construction activity going on.
                                                The displays were beautiful.
                                                Its over 300 acres of beautiful gardens and trails.

Rich, I just noticed on the Bot Gardens web page that tomorrow is “Vanilla Sunday” at the gardens, so you are probably right.

Photos are ©2021
                                                Anonymous

The birds look great and reminded me of a picture I took with our Coolpix 600 when I first bought it.

[ATTACH]871289[/ATTACH]

Mike

Nicely done Mike. I most enjoy breaking rules and making it work. Using the centre of the composition but making it work is a good example.

I see you are a new member. You are most welcome in the photography forum and the watercolour forum. I don’t golf but I do some watercolour. I look forward to your future posts.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.