WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Drawing and Sketching
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-08-2020, 02:45 PM
Veteran Member
At Da beach in florida, Cocoa beach, Cape canaveral, Merritt Island.

Maga

I rarely draw finished drawings with pencil. Just watercolor, so i did this last couple days to take a break from commissions and have some fun. 14" x 11" graphite on Strathmore 400 drawing paper. I use two pencils and eraser. C&C welcome and appreciated.

I have just been thrown out of the inn where I was staying, naked as a worm. Claude Monet
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-08-2020, 04:34 PM
California

Hails from United States
Re: Maga

Nice! What pencils and eraser did you use? I'm just getting back into pencil and am using way too many pencils.
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-08-2020, 05:54 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by @teulis
Nice! What pencils and eraser did you use? I'm just getting back into pencil and am using way too many pencils.

I used a daler Rowney "simply" hd pencil from walmart and a solid graphite pencil from walmart that was a little bit darker. I use a Daley Rowney simply gum eraser. I think the generals gum eraser is many times better but I could not find mine. The solid graphite pencil was broke so i taped it inside of a tire pressure gauge that I took apart. I used all the stuff on top of the metal tin case in the picture. I actually started the drawing in the beginning with the carpenters pencil but I forgot about that in the original description. I rendered the water with the carpenters pencil which is a general 6b. The water was what I originally did the drawing for but I went ahead and finished the whole drawing with everything else. I could have done more but I called it done. I could have just as easily rendered the water with the first two pencils just as good. I use to be a Framing carpenter and later a commercial form carpenter and after that an architectural drafter doing Truss design so i thought it would be fun to start with the carpenters pencil. I have now been a professional street watercolor artist for last 5 years.

I have just been thrown out of the inn where I was staying, naked as a worm. Claude Monet

Last edited by joesurfer : 01-08-2020 at 06:06 PM.
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-08-2020, 10:54 PM
Lord of the Arts
Ohio

Hails from United States

That is very nice. Great clouds, which I think are difficult to draw, but much easier to paint. You did a very good job with them.
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-08-2020, 11:27 PM
Standerton, South Africa

Hails from South Africa

Well done, Joe!
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-09-2020, 12:39 PM
Administrator
Where ever I go..there I am

Hails from United States

I like the scene. Good work on the sails and the rigging.
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-17-2020, 07:20 AM
WC! Guide
Magnolia, Arkansas

Hails from United States

Good work.
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-22-2020, 08:09 PM
Enthusiast

Hails from United States

Very well done! Full rich range of values.
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-01-2020, 02:55 PM
Veteran Member

Believe it or not this sold. Same price as a painting. 14" x 11". Seemed to me like the guy thought he would have to trick me into it. It was sitting next to some paintings that were for sale. He said "he liked the lines". Made me happy because Doing it, I realized how much I loved Doing finished drawing's again instead of just simple drawings for paintings. Especially with modern tools. When I taught myself to do drawings like this very long time ago, before computers, I never used anything more than a #2 school pencil, a piece of toilet paper and a piece of chalk. My eraser was the one on the end of the pencil. Mostly complex, realistic Erotic drawings, on typing paper. Sinse this sold, it give's me an excuse to do another developed Graphite drawing and see if it will have the same fate and I won't have to feel like I'm playing hookie from work when doing it. I'm looking into getting some 165 pound drawing paper to make them easier to display.

Last edited by joesurfer : 02-01-2020 at 02:58 PM.