Home Forums Explore Subjects Artwork from Life Scavenger Hunt #568: December 11 – 19

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    mothsailor

Welcome to the hunt!!

If you’ve participated in at least one Scavenger Hunt and have time to host one we would really appreciate it. You can sign up by posting your name on the current hosting schedule in the Art From Life forum here:
        https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=366347

Here are the rules for the hunt:

*All items on the list must be sketched from life – not imagination or photo reference.

*Each object you draw can count for only one item on the list, no matter how many shapes/parts/colors that object contains. This was agreed on by unanimous vote among the participants.

*You may place multiple objects together in a drawing or painting, and may count these objects as separate items, but no single object can count for more than one item.

*All items posted must be numbered. Count them as you go. The first item you post will be #1 regardless of its place on the list. Do them in whatever order you wish, but count them in the order in which you sketch them, from 1 to 26.

Do as many or as few of the items as you like. You don’t have to finish the entire list to participate. The Scavenger Hunt “week” will last for 9 days, with the next hunt starting on the 9th day.

Please tell us your size, surface, medium, and the amount of time it took you for each sketch. We love hearing about your subjects and setups. Photos of your subjects are welcome.

*** If you have some hunt sketches completed but little time to read/comment, please post your sketches anyways. Commenting is appreciated but not necessary.

This is almost the same as the last time I did this, which was Scavenger Hunt #40.

Scavenger Hunt #568: Dec 11 – 19

a jug or pitcher
        a puddle
        a self-portrait
        the sky
        a boat (real, toy, gravy, in a bottle,…)
        a shelf and its contents
        an ear
        your favourite drawing tool
        a newspaper or magazine
        a vase
        a radio
        something you wouldn’t normally draw because it’s too difficult
        your sketchbook
        an umbrella
        a watering can
        something your saw when you were out for a walk
        your breakfast
        something you can see at 7.00pm
        something that reminds you of a holiday/vacation
        something you know you shouldn’t wear but you love so you do anyway
        something you know you shouldn’t eat but you love so you do anyway
        a ball
        a pair of sunglasses
        some money
        a comb
        a bird

Challenges
        1. draw something with a stick (cocktail, match, twig, etc) dipped in ink or
        paint

2. make a dark ground with graphite or charcoal and draw with an eraser (or
        if you prefer use dark coloured paper)

Have fun!
        Dave

Dave

mothsailor

Thanks for the last list EP – sorry I didn’t have time to do more. I hope everyone enjoys this one.

Dave

jmfletch

Dave -Thanks for list. I think :crossfingers: the madness here is over and I get back to drawing/painting a bit every day. ( That’s also an early Christmas wish :lol:)

Keep sketching
                Jow

“The act of art can be so relaxing after you get over yourself.” - Quoting Robin

Eye

Thanks for the list Dave.

Ai

Painting is my soul. My blog.
                    https://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/01-Feb-2009/4926-ai_signature_Feb09.gif

jmfletch

Okay, this does not look a lot like me. Instead of a mirror I put the iPad on a stand and tried drawing from screen vice a mirror. Did a great job of capturing camera distortion as you can see in the long chin. BUT I drew today!

1 self portrait- HB graphite clutch pencil. About a half page in 9×12 inch sketch book.

Keep sketching
                        Joe

“The act of art can be so relaxing after you get over yourself.” - Quoting Robin

jmfletch

2 -a boat (real, toy, gravy, in a bottle,…)
                            Submarine Warfare Insignia aka Dolphins are awarded to those who qualify in submarines. Submariners refer to submarines as boats. The insignia is starboard bow view of a diesel sub with a dolphin on either side. This is a sketch of a set of carved wooden Dolphins in my den.
                            HB graphite in 9×12 inch sketchbook about 2in by 7inch.

Keep sketching
                            Joe

Scattykat

…thanks for the new list Dave.
                                Joe, bravo on the portrait, I can see a likeness to the pic on your avatar, tho’ no glasses. Nice sketch of the sub and Dolphins, lovely little carving. Glad you are able to get back to drawing…:thumbsup:

…quick 40 minute sketch of the top held of my unit, it’s where I keep all my figurines for sketching from. Graphite in me scav hunt sketchy…

:cat: :wave:

Scatty ....
                                ..................all things come to those who dreamzzzzzzz...[/COLOR]

eyepaint

Thanks, Dave for hosting!

Joe – good for you drawing using different tools than usual. Does your user icon sketch look more like you than this hunt’s contribution?

Scatty – what a fun shelf of items!!

-- EP Moderator for:
                                    All Media Art Events, Artwork From Life, Art Journals

Eye

Awesome sketches Skatty, and Joe.

Ai

Painting is my soul. My blog.
                                        https://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/01-Feb-2009/4926-ai_signature_Feb09.gif

Dave, thanks for the list. Hope to get to it….

My blog https://jocastilloartblog.blogspot.com/
                                        My website https://jocastilloart.com

jmfletch

Thanks, Dave for hosting!

Joe – good for you drawing using different tools than usual. Does your user icon sketch look more like you than this hunt’s contribution?

Scatty – what a fun shelf of items!!

Yes, thi icon is a graphite sp I did years ago. At that time I still wore glasses and had long hair. Now thanks to cataract surgery I only use readers and the hair has been short for many years. The icon sp is about 10 years old.

Joe

jmfletch

Thanks to all for the encouraging words.

Keep sketching
                                                Joe

eyepaint

Ah I thought so, Joe, so remove the glasses and shorten the hair and voila! It’s you! :)

-- EP Moderator for:
                                                    All Media Art Events, Artwork From Life, Art Journals

mothsailor

Great start everyone!

Joe, great to start with the self-portrait, looks good to me! And that’s a creative idea for a boat drawing, although I have to say they don’t look much like dolphins to me (I mean in the carving, no reflection on your drawing!).

Scatty, that’s quite a collection you’ve got there. Lovely sketch.

Dave

jmfletch

Great start everyone!

Joe, great to start with the self-portrait, looks good to me! And that’s a creative idea for a boat drawing, although I have to say they don’t look much like dolphins to me (I mean in the carving, no reflection on your drawing!).

Scatty, that’s quite a collection you’ve got there. Lovely sketch.

Dolphin the fish also called mahi-mahi ..not the mammal aka porpoise.

Joe

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.