Home Forums Explore Subjects Art Journals paint swirls and then turning them into something

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    vhere

A friend is doing an exchange of paint swirls with a fellow illustrator and I thought it would be fun :) and she invited me to swap pages with her as well :) The idea is to see what you can make of them

This was the first page and I worked on the 3 left hand swirls to produce these …

Fun to do :)

got to play with the other swirls, 2 more pages of them and my friend’s swirls

I can have a play in Procreate as well – but these are with paint/cp

Triduana

I like this idea. Seems like it could be a good exercise if you really want to paint/draw something, but aren’t sure where to start. I especially like your fish.

Kay D - Edinburgh, Scotland

So long, and thanks ...

vhere

thanks :) it’s a good quick exercise for freeing up and not being precious – and very quick for when you don’t have time for more ‘serious’ work :)

more ….

digital one using Procreate to work into the swirls

digital one, from swirls from a friend (we are doing an exchange)

this one made me think of coral and seaweed with a turtle swimming by

and this one turned into a vase of flowers, drawn into with one of those coloured pencils with 4 colours in the lead, so you never know for sure which colour will draw

eyepaint

Yay! This looks like such fun! I like the “not being precious” remark … I worked on something earlier in May and it hasn’t gone the way that my brain was hoping so I’ve been thinking too precious for those items. I need to just let it all go.

-- EP Moderator for:
                    All Media Art Events, Artwork From Life, Art Journals

Munin Raven

Great experiments. I particularly like that landscape interpretation.

"I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it. " Elwood P. Dowd

Sketch-Blog
                        vhere

EP the letting go can be the toughest thing at times!

thanks evryone :)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.