WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Town Center > Reference Image Library Requests and Support
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#46   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-30-2007, 08:35 PM

Why can I no longer access the library?

Help! Is it just me or is there something weird going on. I can no longer access the reference image library. I've tried three different browsers, and they all do the same thing. It starts to load that page, but then the address changes to wetcanvas.com/RefLib/profile.php and I get the following message:

"Not Found. The requested URL /RefLib/profile.php was not found on this server."

Huh? (and yes, I'm logged in when this happens)

-Katherine

Last edited by rosecomb24 : 12-30-2007 at 08:36 PM. Reason: typo
  #47   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-30-2007, 08:38 PM

Re: RIL Technical Issues/Problems Thread

Well if that isn't totally random, it suddenly works. I had not been able to access it for weeks. So, problem mysteriously fixed!

-K
  #48   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-30-2007, 08:45 PM
Horses make me happy

Hails from Australia

Good to know the magicians have finally got around to you and given you some RIL magic
My websites: Discoveries With Colour Adventures in Photography
  #49   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-31-2007, 06:23 PM
Veteran Member
Vermont

Hails from United States

I do like the way the RIL is organized. But I notice one thing that seems to be missing: a way to remove photos. I need to remove one of my photos, and figure I probably should remove all three (I think that's all there are). Yes, they are my photos: I just need to remove them from the RIL for my own use. Can you advise? (This is probably a feature that everyone should have access to in their own portfolio.)

Dayle Ann (snowbound)
  #50   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-01-2008, 06:17 AM
North East England.

Hails from England

Sorry Dayle Ann, but once they're uploaded that's it!
You agree to their use by other members of the site and, just like images posted in a thread, they then become part of the WC! site.

You, of course, can still use them for your own purposes elsewhere.

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in Florals/Botanicals, Weekend Drawing Events in the All Media Arts Events forum. Different Strokes in the Acrylics Forum.
**Information Kiosk~Acrylics**
**Reference Image Library**
**My SAA website**
  #51   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-01-2008, 09:10 AM
Veteran Member
Vermont

Hails from United States

I have a problem with this. I believe that this is an infringement of copyright. Posting on WC does NOT constitute a transfer of copyright to WC. I (and all users) should have the right to remove their images from the RIL if we choose. We all know that posting art works for critique or feedback means they become part of the body of cumulative knowledge inherent in WC: I have no problem with that; it is an incredible source of learning.

However, since I cannot remove my image from the WC, it means I cannot use it. I've noted on each of the three that if it gives someone an idea for a painting, by all means go for it. To use it as a straight reference, please contact me first.

In the meantime, I hope WC will institure a change in policy to allow people to remove their own images from the RIL if they choose.

Snowbound

Anything worth doing is worth doing badly... (anonymous)
  #52   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-01-2008, 09:49 AM
Horses make me happy

Hails from Australia

Snowbound it is not an infringement of copyright.
This is what you agreed to when you submitted your photos
Quote:
The person who uploaded the image granted that they own the copyright to the image and that the general public may use it to create new art.

Last edited by Lady Carol : 01-01-2008 at 09:55 AM.
  #53   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-01-2008, 01:24 PM
Veteran Member
Vermont

Hails from United States

I think you are missing the point. The point is that I would like to REMOVE my images. That is not the copyright issue. WC's failure to provide a way to do so is an infringement of my copyright, since it removes my control over the image. The statement quoted above does not include a warning that once uploaded, an image cannot be deleted. Nor is there a statement of any sort to that effect when a photo is uploaded. There is nothing in that agreement that gives WC perpetual control over that (or any) image in the RIL. Circumstances change, and people may want for various reasons to remove their photos. We should be provided a way to do so, simply, and without question.

Certainly, if you can remove "objectionable" material, you can remove any other material. I am formally requesting that my images be removed from the RIL. It is a simple request that should be honored out of respect, if nothing else.

Dayle Ann
(Snowbound)
  #54   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-01-2008, 02:28 PM
Horses make me happy

Hails from Australia

I am sorry but you are missing the point. These are not objectionable material. Only those posts which contravenes the user agreement are removed. Your images do not contravene the user agreement. WC! does not routinely remove threads because the member no longer wants the thread there. It is the same with images in the RIL. I am sorry but that it just the way it is. You agreed when you uploaded the images for other members to use, you cannot go back on that.

WC! has not infringed your copyright to the images either. You still hold their copyright. You have just given permission for others to use them.

From the user agreement, this is what you agreed to
Quote:
With respect to Content you submit to the Reference Image Library, you agree that you took the photograph yourself and own all rights to the photograph you are uploading. You understand you will be held liable if you upload images that are copyrighted by someone else. By submitting work to the Reference Image Library, you grant WetCanvas! members the right to create and sell artwork, (including paintings, sculpture, etc.), using your photograph as a reference image in the creation of the artwork.
You can read more here

Last edited by Lady Carol : 01-01-2008 at 02:32 PM.
  #55   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-18-2008, 12:31 AM
A Local Legend

Hails from United States

Having problems uploading... succeeded in uploading 5 images... got the page where you fill out captions/keywords/etc.... saw they were pending..and saw they were up.... haven't been able to upload the rest of the series... tried a few times and was returned back to page where I put in the image names... empty... don't know if some are there or not... If I don't get that page to fill in can I assume they were not uploaded.... don't want to upload doubles!!! Thanks
Carol
  #56   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-18-2008, 01:12 AM
A Local Legend

Hails from United States

Seems problem solved... reminds me of the story of my dog... whenever we got near the vet he seemed to get better.... tried uploading only 3 so far successful..but in one case I think there were doubles because of a problem on the page with the titles.... it got away and reentered...

Carol
  #57   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-18-2008, 06:11 AM
North East England.

Hails from England

The quirks of the system I'm afraid!

All you can do is what you've done already - keep checking!

One of us is usually around to approve uploads fairly quickly

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in Florals/Botanicals, Weekend Drawing Events in the All Media Arts Events forum. Different Strokes in the Acrylics Forum.
**My SAA website**
  #58   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-18-2008, 06:25 AM
North East England.

Hails from England

Carol - check now please!
I've deleted the duplicate set - so should be OK ...... but I've moved a lot of the 'Cityscape' to more appropriate destinations - so could you please check that they're placed OK for you? Thanks

**My SAA website**
  #59   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-18-2008, 11:18 PM
A Local Legend

Hails from United States

Thanks Charlies'Mum!!!! I will get to it this morning...last night the connection here was really bad....I am sure that all is fine except I noticed one that that had no image...I will check which one is missing from my list that I wanted to upload...

After doing just 3 at a time it went pretty fast and the vending too was fast.... big difference from the first time I tried a few years ago...

Thanks again....Carol
  #60   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-19-2008, 12:06 AM
A Local Legend

Hails from United States

I just checked them out and you did a great job with the categories... also no problem detecting which was missing....alternative text told me #!4 is missing.... should I upload it again.... ????? I have to be more creative with keywords as well and change the category if necessary as well... all in the learning process... Thanks for a GREAT REFERENCE LIBRARY... one of the best on the web!!!!

Carol