WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Town Center > Reference Image Library Requests and Support
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#31   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-11-2007, 07:01 AM
Lord of the Arts
Paradise.

Hails from Scotland
Re: RIL Technical Issues/Problems Thread

mmmmmmmmmmm
Uploaded 5 images - only 3 appeared in the next stage.

btw on the upload page it states - no maximum image size ( the 3.5mb limit is only mentioned with respect to zip files - which mine are definitely not. )
  #32   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-11-2007, 07:11 AM
Utrecht, The Netherlands

Hails from Netherlands

Quote:
btw on the upload page it states - no maximum image size ( the 3.5mb limit is only mentioned with respect to zip files - which mine are definitely not. )
Yes, we know about that . However, size does matter in this case . We had a similar problem a week ago, that's when we discovered that single images over 3.5mb won't go through. Unfortunately, Carol, Maureen and I can't fix that info on the software. We've alerted Karyn ( Lead Admin) about it though. Hope to get the wording on that part of the process changed.

I did see, and approved, your 3 images. Still not sure what happened to the other two, as I only saw the 3. ( the hat image is funny . )

Very sorry for this inconvenience.
`
` ` ` `

Last edited by pinkrybns : 11-11-2007 at 07:21 AM. Reason: my horrible spelling ....
  #33   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-11-2007, 08:01 AM
Lord of the Arts
Paradise.

Hails from Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkrybns

Very sorry for this inconvenience.

OK - I'll have a glass of what you're having.....
  #34   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-11-2007, 10:59 AM
North East England.

Hails from England

Geoff, it's almost 4pm and the light's going, so have a glass of wine (or maybe a wee dram!) and put all this down to the gremlins which we know inhabit the RIL at times!

Kerri, stipulated 3.5MB for the Library and 5MB for Art agent.
What's causing the other problems though, Heaven knows!

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in Florals/Botanicals, Weekend Drawing Events in the All Media Arts Events forum. Different Strokes in the Acrylics Forum.
**Information Kiosk~Acrylics**
**Reference Image Library**
**My SAA website**
  #35   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-24-2007, 10:48 PM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Niagara Region, Canada

Hails from Canada

Hi folks

I'm trying to upload some photos into the reference image library, in preparation for a WDE I am hosting in a couple of weeks. Some of them have gone through, but with the others, I get the first upload screen, and then nothing. I've been reading this thread. Could it be that the images are too big? Just let me know, and I'll try and get them down to the size they need to be.

Thanks

dupliKate (Karen)
  #36   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-25-2007, 07:25 AM
Utrecht, The Netherlands

Hails from Netherlands

Hi Karen,

If you're trying to upload and not getting the second screen in the process then, yes, it probably is that your file size is too big.

The maximum file size is 3.5MB for the Library. Try again and we'll be on the look-out for you images to come through.

Judy
`
` ` ` `
  #37   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-25-2007, 10:34 AM
North East England.

Hails from England

Hi Karen - the other thing to check is your file name - not to contain any different characters like * : etc

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in Florals/Botanicals, Weekend Drawing Events in the All Media Arts Events forum. Different Strokes in the Acrylics Forum.
**My SAA website**
  #38   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-25-2007, 01:09 PM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Niagara Region, Canada

Hails from Canada

I loaded them one at a time, and that seems to have worked. None of them was bigger than 3.5 mgs on their own, but collectively...it just didn't work.

Thanks

dupliKate
  #39   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-25-2007, 04:31 PM
North East England.

Hails from England

- good

**My SAA website**
  #40   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-26-2007, 01:31 PM
Lord of the Arts
Paradise.

Hails from Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by dupliKate
I loaded them one at a time, and that seems to have worked. None of them was bigger than 3.5 mgs on their own, but collectively...it just didn't work.

Thanks

dupliKate

Yes - I found that I had to group no more than 3 otherwise the upload would just 'freeze' - but even then each individual image was well below the 3 meg size .... looks like there is another stipulation lurking in the background of the uploader .......
  #41   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-05-2007, 03:41 AM
Cincinnati, OH

Hails from United States

I just tried uploading several photos into the Cats/Domestic Shorthair/ directory. The upload went on, working...working...working... then finally it changed from the upload screen to a page which had my screen name, and another selection box asking which category I wanted to upload to... and nothing else. No continue button, no nothing. (the browser page loading showed as "done") The uplaod did not succeed at all. I tried it twice.

***EDIT*** I just read above my post and saw that the system doesn't like multiple pics being uploaded at once. (Which I was trying to do). I'll try again with one photo at a time.

***EDIT AGAIN*** I was able to upload images one at a time. No further help is needed. Thanks.

Caelyn

Last edited by CaelynTek : 12-05-2007 at 04:04 AM.
  #42   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-05-2007, 09:23 AM
North East England.

Hails from England

Sorry you had these problems Caelyn - it's not always this awful!

**My SAA website**
  #43   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-09-2007, 02:58 PM
Libertyville, Illinois

Hails from Canada

Hi!
I have been checking out the reference library. I found an idea for a background to do a painting of a bird and that worked well for me. There are also some images that I would like to be able to download. Is that possible? If so, how to I go about that? I would think that I should get in touch with the photographer to get permission to paint their subject matter. Is that correct?
Beverley
  #44   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-09-2007, 03:10 PM
A WC! Legend
Wandering the Wonderland

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66bevbon
Hi!
I have been checking out the reference library. I found an idea for a background to do a painting of a bird and that worked well for me. There are

also some images that I would like to be able to download. Is that possible? If so, how to I go about that? I would think that I should get in touch with the photographer to get permission to paint their subject matter. Is that correct?
Beverley

Hi Beverly

When we, the contributors, put images in the library we are doing so with the understanding that people may paint them. They are copyright free to use as references. You may not sell the photo itself as your own.

While you don't need to ask permission from the photographer, it's always appreciated when you do. I ( and others) love to see the paintings inspired by my photos

Depending on your system you should be able to download them by double clicking your mouse. On my computer it's "control" key and mouse click. You should see "save as options come up. Then just download to your photo program.

Li

She never seemed shattered; to me, she was a breathtaking mosaic of the battles she had won. - Matt Baker
  #45   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-09-2007, 04:04 PM
North East England.

Hails from England

Also - go to the image you want to download, right click and choose 'Save Picture...' in the menu which appears.

For some, a rectangle with four icons appears as you hold the cursor over the image - select 'Save' and follow the instructions

**My SAA website**