WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Acrylics
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-01-2019, 05:26 PM
Victoria, Vancouver Island

Hails from Canada
Quick Dry Café - May 2019

Café open for business.

Moderator Acrylics Forum~~~Reference Image Library
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-01-2019, 06:19 PM
Immortalized
Buckeye living with the Gators

Hails from United States
Re: Quick Dry Café - May 2019

Happy May Day!
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-01-2019, 10:39 PM

Hails from Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by PattiLou
Happy May Day!

It used to be such a benign cultural holiday with may poles, crepe flowers and sandwiches. Now everyone seems to march and riot on May Day.

Sign of the times, I guess.

#4   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-02-2019, 07:24 AM
North East England.

Hails from England

For a couple of weeks there have been 'Climate and Environment' protesters demonstrating in the south (mostly) by sitting or lying down and gluing themselves to the spot ...... they want us all to be greener and reduce our carbon footprints - but celebrities have flown many thousands of miles to join them - so what have done to the carbon footprint?

Makes you think 'people with more money than sense!'!!!!

Grump over ...... warmer weather on the way I hope - May flowers and soon the garden will be blooming - I hope!!!

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in Florals/Botanicals, Weekend Drawing Events in the All Media Arts Events forum. Different Strokes in the Acrylics Forum.
**Information Kiosk~Acrylics**
**Reference Image Library**
**My SAA website**
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-02-2019, 11:50 AM
Veteran Member
Philadelphia

Hails from United States

Fortunately we don't do a "May Day" here since we have more than enough things already in the protests. I thought I'd protest daily, every day and make it my life's ambition. It got old very fast as it got cold very fast. Just one threat of being locked up and I thought about the cats and dog going hungry. I'll protest by mail thanks!
(But I AM protesting!)
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-02-2019, 01:02 PM

Hails from Canada

There is a real irony in the fact of celebrities, with their huge homes, heated swimming pools, vacation ranches, large consumer footprint and massive executive class air travel telling the peons to be vegetarian and give up their Ford Fiestas to save the planet.

But for our addiction to travelling overseas, our footprint would be relatively low for a developed country. BC gets its electricity through hydro-electric facilities, I always mainly used public transit to get to work and we have always chosen to live very close to shops, schools, doctor and dentist to minimize the running around.

But all those good intentions are offset by one trip abroad.

#7   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-02-2019, 04:59 PM
North East England.

Hails from England

What really bugs me about this latest protest Colin, is that Britain has made massive strides in meeting the Climate controls and emissions demands ....... the ones now disrupting life and travel for others (and there was massive disruption to life for others) should really be protesting at those countries which are not reducing their carbon footprint.

And there's no way ordinary people are going to go back to the Stone age way of life!

Sorry - ranting again!

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in Florals/Botanicals, Weekend Drawing Events in the All Media Arts Events forum. Different Strokes in the Acrylics Forum.
**My SAA website**
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-04-2019, 10:03 AM
WC! Guide
Manitoba, Canada

Hails from Canada

Well, tomorrow is the big day where I try not to think about my age lol. I already got an early bday present, a cordless Dyson.
Today we will be moving our camper to the campground. It's a new privately owned campground so we can keep our site for as long as we want instead of having to enter a draw every year. So we'll probably be up there a lot in summer and I won't be online as much.
And later my parents will join us and we'll go out for supper. There's a restaurant called Y Not Johnny's that makes some good food.

mkmcreations.com *** My Acrylic Gallery
Every painting is a new adventure.
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-04-2019, 12:04 PM

Hails from Canada

Well Happy Day You Don't Like to Think About, Michelle. I have a Milestone Day I don't Like to Think About looming in a few months' time. Have told DW I would like a family barbecue, so she is out looking for family members who will agree to be grilled.

The situation here in Canada is pretty hopeless, Maureen. We have one industry that alone produces 10% of Canada's emissions, but is considerd critical to the financial well-being of the whole country (thanks to very bad decision making over decades by our elected leaders). Huge debate in my province about a proposal to build a pipeline to Vancouver to start shipping Alberta's diluted bitumen from the oil sands in tankers through the Strait of Georgia to the Far East. The idea is very unpopular here on the coast, naturally, but the rest of the country is set to force it on us. Anyway as long as we "need" the oil sands, we will be contributing far more per capita to the GHG emissions problem than the rest of the world. Anyway, without the United States and China getting on board to address the problem, there is no remedy globally. Canada won't do anything meaningful until the US is on board, and that doesn't seem likely. So we will continue to be part of the overall problem.

I must say though that climate change has been very nice so far for Vancouver Island. We now get long beautiful summers, instead of a short dash of sunshine between rainstorms. They are producing wine nearly halfway up the island. The downside is the devastating fires in the Interior of the Province. There are already concerns about how dry it has been this spring.

#10   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-04-2019, 03:30 PM
Immortalized

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by LavenderFrost
Well, tomorrow is the big day where I try not to think about my age lol. I already got an early bday present, a cordless Dyson.
Today we will be moving our camper to the campground. It's a new privately owned campground so we can keep our site for as long as we want instead of having to enter a draw every year. So we'll probably be up there a lot in summer and I won't be online as much.
And later my parents will join us and we'll go out for supper. There's a restaurant called Y Not Johnny's that makes some good food.
Well I won't mention the word then, but hope it was a great day! Sounds like fun.

Hooray! I spread some grass seed on the hopes it would rain like they predicted and it did!!! Now I am hoping it sprouts and covers all the bare spots that seem to have taken over the lawn. Wait and see... probably be out inspecting every day. lol
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-05-2019, 08:01 AM
North East England.

Hails from England

Happy "Day-not-to-think-about-age-day" Michelle! and may you have many more such days too!

Colin, I too had a 'milestone-zero-end-type-day' (but higher than yours!) in November, which I refused to acknowledge - so the family kindly too 11 years off for me when they did my special day lunch!

It might be May but here it's freezing and I'm definitely not venturing into the garden - even though it needs work!

Hope your grass comes forth Patti!

**My SAA website**
  #12   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-05-2019, 09:57 AM
WC! Guide
Manitoba, Canada

Hails from Canada

Every year I wonder how long I can stay at 28 lol.

Colin. Well I had a nice shrimp stir fry.

We had such a cold wind yesterday but we got our camper set in our new site. Since we had last pick we got the smallest site but it is also the closest to the store and beach. Just waiting for warmer weather. There are flakes coming down today.

#13   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-05-2019, 10:06 AM
Immortalized

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by LavenderFrost
There are flakes coming down today.
I assume you are talking about snow and not people!!!
We have been in the high 80's for quite awhile.
  #14   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-06-2019, 10:17 AM
WC! Guide
Manitoba, Canada

Hails from Canada

Yeah, snow. Not enough to amount to anything though.

We watched Endgame last night. It was our son's first time at a movie theatre. We went with friends who also have kids. Being a Sunday night there were very few other people but there will be 3 tired kids in school today. But because of our friends job it wasn't going to work out to go on a weekend.

#15   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-06-2019, 07:25 PM
Veteran Member
Philadelphia

Hails from United States

I cautiously viewed the Debates Forum. I won't be doing that again! Immediate cause for high blood pressure!

I'm sticking with my plastic paints and strong inks and staying away from arguing with others in case I cannot play nice!

Sheila