WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Southwest and Western Art
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread

#46   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-24-2019, 09:57 PM
Wisconsin

Hails from United States
Re: 'Round the Campfire ~ May

Hi Jo. Great sketches! I especially love the drama of that bull in profile. He's so commanding. Excellent portraits and action scenes too! Sure am happy to hear all of Gene's doctoring is not only about finished, but has been beneficial. Such great news!

Hi Sharon. I sure don't blame you about taking the week off of art after your show. They are hard work, and the weeks before them are so full of busy preparation and churning out artwork. A little time to recover is a good idea. I do have just one show this summer, in late July. I'm already gearing up for it, as I'm doing a serious update to my booth display. Time to streamline and modernize my look. It's going to be fun.

Hi Kay. A huge congratulations on your winnings! Best in Show, that's a major honor! I'm so thrilled for you. Good luck with your upcoming shows. You've got a busy summer planned by the sound of it.

Hello Richard. Hope you're doing well.

My blog: http://thecozyred.wordpress.com/
  #47   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-25-2019, 09:56 PM
A Local Legend
Swift Current, Saskatchewan, Canada

Hails from Canada

Hi everyone . Just peeking in. The only exciting news I have is the rain we got a few hours ago. So badly needed. It's been a cool dry spring so far. Lilacs haven't even bloomed yet. Trees are beginning to fill out a little more. Maybe now things will start to warm up a little.

I've taken some pictures I wanted to share, but my laptop for some reason won't let me view them when I upload them from my good camera. So on Monday I'll take it in to see what can be done about it. Hope it's not to serious. I sure hate to lose all my pictures.

Jenna, Congrats on becoming an auntie again! Sure I'll have some cake, thank you!
Katy, fantastic sculptures! Happy to hear your dog will have a good home. I had to give up a puppy (less then a year old) because I wasn't home enough to care for him. He went to a loving home too.
Jo, lovely sketches! I like watching bull riding, but scares the "H" out of me. Hope all goes well for Gene's recovery.

Would you all join me in a rain dance. We could use a little more. (be careful what you wish for, right? I feel so bad for those people who have lost everything including their houses in the flood waters)

Horse lovers are "stable" people
My Website http://www.freewebs.com/sheilastienley/index.htm
  #48   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-26-2019, 10:06 AM
Big Spring,Texas

Hails from United States

Thanks Jenna! Congrats on your new aunt status!

Hey Sheila! So glad you got rain. We are having a wet spring for a change, so unusual, wildflowers not seen in years are popping up everywhere. I hope you get your laptop problem fixed.

Everyone enjoy your Sunday. My hubby came back from New Mexico golfing and now complaining of upset stomach, etc., and won't eat anything, so won't be going to church either. Happy Memorial Day tomorrow to all and remember those who gave their lives for freedom around the world.
  #49   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-27-2019, 10:53 AM
A Local Legend
Swift Current, Saskatchewan, Canada

Hails from Canada

Enjoy

Horse lovers are "stable" people
My Website http://www.freewebs.com/sheilastienley/index.htm
  #50   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-27-2019, 12:56 PM
Enthusiast
Montana

Hails from United States

Sheila: WOW! ... you betcha!

Thank you -

Hud
  #51   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-28-2019, 09:02 AM
Enthusiast
Montana

Hails from United States

Good morning from Montana -

Wish to share the wonderful Sunrise streaming into my studio this morning -

Wishing all a grand day ... take care and be safe -

Hud

#52   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-28-2019, 05:17 PM
A WC! Legend

Hails from United States

Like your studio!!!!!!!
http://painterofthesouthwest.blogspot.com/
  #53   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-28-2019, 05:32 PM
Enthusiast
Montana

Hails from United States

Thank you Richard - I have lots of natural light, which I enjoy -

Hud
  #54   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-28-2019, 09:25 PM
Wisconsin

Hails from United States

Hi everyone! Hoping you're all doing well and soaking in the last of May. It's nearly June already - wow!

Hi Sheila. I'm hoping you get more needed rain! We've gotten plenty of it, but like you, we're pretty chilly yet. Needing sweatshirts and the furnace most days yet. Hope you get some warm days, and some needed rain soon. And thank you for the congrats on my being an aunt again. Colton is such a cute little one - I haven't met him yet, but have seen photos. That dessert looks scrumptious! Yummy!

Hi Kay. Thank you. Oh, no. A stomach bug is such a bummer. I sure hope your hubby is feeling better, and that you stay well!

Hi Hud. Your studio has so much character. It looks like such an inspiring place to paint. That rug is amazing!

Hi Richard, Jo and all the others lurking about.

#55   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-29-2019, 01:59 PM
A Local Legend
Bastrop, Texas

Hails from United States

Sheila, wow, yummy pizza!

Hud, fantastic sunny and cozy studio! Makes me want to be there.

Hi to everyone. May has been long with all the back and forth to Austin. We can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Gene will get "turned on" on June 12. Travel to NM still set for July 10. Yay!

Happy to see you all here and have a bright spot in my day.
Winston Churchill
  #56   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-29-2019, 03:55 PM
Enthusiast
Montana

Hails from United States

Jenna: Thank you ... I try to keep it a comfortable, enjoyable and inspiring place to work - Glad you like the rug - It is not as old as the one underneath it, which is very old ... I am trying to protect it -

Jo: Thank you ... artists are always welcome -

Hud
  #57   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-30-2019, 06:46 PM
Big Spring,Texas

Hails from United States

Sheila, that looks yummy, thanks!

Love your colorful and full of light studio, Hud, very nice to see where other artists work.

I know you're counting the days Jo till July rolls around, and Gene will be good to go. That will be great for you both as change in scenery always is.

We're in Alto NM again. Yesterday people at home in Texas said we got hail and 3" rain and neighbor down the street turned in a hail claim for his roof so know ours is gone, too. Back Sunday to assess the damage. I'm hoping my studio roof is okay but that roof is 22 years old so it probably did not weather the storm.

Jenna, did you get enough photos for the challenge?
  #58   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-31-2019, 05:37 AM
Enthusiast
Montana

Hails from United States

Kay: Thank you ... do hope your place weathered the storm ok and you did not suffer any damage :crossfingers:

Hud
  #59   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-31-2019, 11:50 AM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
La tierra del encanto

Hails from United States

Yesterday, coming back from Santa Fe, I got caught in a rough rain/hail storm from Clines Corner to a little before Santa Rosa. The same Darned storm hit Clovis about 6:30(?) or so pm. Did I tell you my windshield wipers do not work perfectly? I had to press the on-off button every few seconds. One motor lags behind the other and if you run them constantly "fast" they end up meeting and totally shutting down.

Anyway, I dropped off the white boxer (IZZY) with the rescue, and she was soon introduced to her new forever home. Mom, dad, older child (boy) another boxer, and a pug. A big yard with a fence. I was told that she took to playing with the new boxer friend right away. I was so happy about her fate even though she was a pain in the hind end for me (I am a cat and fish person, I like pets that ignore you). Worst yet, minutes before I was to go to Albuquerque, she bolted out the gate, and I was forced to chase her -- which is hard to do with leg problems. I thought I had lost her but saw her occasionally because she stopped to look at me (deaf) for instructions. So I ran down the dirt alley, past the houses where she stopped to look at dogs, around the corner to the old Catholic school (abandoned), then toward the busy street (thought she would be hit by a car). I finally caught her as she was rolling in a dead cat who had been hit by a car. I got her in the kennel in the car and ended up driving her to Albq with stinking dead cat odor wafting through the car.

So I picked up my new sculptures from the foundry in Santa Fe as well (of course). This is a new "pour only" foundry. They sprue the wax, cut it up, and then you are on your own with the chasing/finish. (There are professionals out there to hire, but I eventually want to learn to weld so I can save even more $$$)

I even got to stop at Lotta Burger. My favorite side trip. I also stopped at a small nursery in Santa Fe and bought a nice pink iris called "goodnight kiss."

So here is sculpture when it comes back and is all cut up. This would horrify some people but not me, it seems! I am looking at Amazon for welding rigs now!

Cut up sculpture In metal!

Last edited by Use Her Name : 05-31-2019 at 12:07 PM.
  #60   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-31-2019, 10:01 PM
Wisconsin

Hails from United States

Hi everyone. I only have a few minutes to spare tonight, but just wanted to say thank you to everyone who sent me photos for the June Monthly Challenge! We have a pretty good selection, but have room for more. I know it's last minute, but feel free to send me a private message if you have a couple of photos you'd like to share. Thanks, Kay, for asking about this!

Hi Katy. I'm glad Izzy found herself a new home and is out of your hair. I'm sure that after chasing her down and dealing with that awful dead-cat odor, you were happier than ever to drop her off! I'm not very informed in your type of sculpture - would you mind explaining why they've been cut up? Looks scary, but you seem to have it all under control.

Hi Jo, Hud, and all the rest. Was in town today for some art supplies. Back to the studio soon. Harder to be in there when the weather is so beautiful. I worked on some sculptures out on the deck yesterday. Too nice to be cooped up inside all day. Hope you're all having a good evening!