WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Figure, The
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#16   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-02-2019, 07:40 AM
WC! Guide

Use to denote nudity/mature subject matter Re: attempts by FIGUARY, the latest videos, from the 19th to the 28th

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1It
Thanks, lovin art.
lovin art, Sarahy thank you so much for the kind and motivating words. they make me really happy and motivate me to do more. Thank you

thanks David.

thanks for showing lamps and for clarification. thanks so much for illustration and explanations.
Just a few days ago I bought some black sheets (which I thought I'd try for a while to draw that really intrigued me) then I will also use them as a background.
Thanks again, I'll try to make better shots.

One last tip if possible.
I have this lamp https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....L._SL1001_.jpg.
And another always of this type but a little shorter and flatter and for adjustment and light it works even better and is the one I use when I draw (it is the lamp I had taken for the desk and therefore it is always where I draw).
Even if maybe orienting them differently are these also okay? (maybe if the same is better but comunuqe lamps with led believe that they go well? yes?)

thanks again to everyone

I dont see why not Joe, the long tube should give a good spread of light
  #17   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-02-2019, 10:41 AM

Re: attempts by FIGUARY, the latest videos, from the 19th to the 28th

great, thanks so much David
  #18   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-05-2019, 03:08 PM

Use to denote nudity/mature subject matter Re: attempts by FIGUARY, the latest videos, from the 19th to the 28th

I did day 25 and day 26

on the photos: I took 2 shots, the second I modified with gimp

I used for day 25, photocopy paper

for 26 Paper 24 x 33 cm - 200 g / m2 smooth

graphite pencil 2b.
Among the things I wanted to ask you and if the proportions, I speak (not only the latest poses) of all the attempts at posting that you have seen, in general
in most cases they look very high or they can go for these attempts (for fairly fast poses).
(I ask you this without referring to it, sorry, anyway, I was asking how it felt, if they give you much trouble)

Thank you for seeing,

gimp

Last edited by joe1It : 05-05-2019 at 03:13 PM.
  #19   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-07-2019, 11:32 AM

I did the 27th male model in this case.
Paper a4 photocopy paper sheet.
Pencil 2b.
(photo taken outdoors, but it was cloudy).

#20   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-07-2019, 01:33 PM
WC! Guide

improving all the time
  #21   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-08-2019, 10:55 AM

David
I thank you so much
  #22   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-08-2019, 07:16 PM

hi.
public on the 28th
arrived at 28.
figuary,
February ended then (and it seems to me also right since we are in May ..).
used a4 paper photocopy paper
pencil 2b

*eventually for the next videos or photos published by them I was undecided whether to use an order (older, more recent or other videos), but I think of no, no, to go maybe without order or on a model because at that moment I think I can be more useful, clear, for muscles maybe or for laying (simpler, etc).
Repeat the same video or photos, by choice or by forgetting is not wrong, is it? (maybe not to post duplicate skis I would do the case but to practice the best is the same or better to vary, perhaps not to risk going automatically, maybe repeating the same mistakes).
*repeating subject at times is what I do believe, for example
sometimes I did it for a small object or drawing (maybe it helped me to draw +).
life there is nothing wrong I think also because it would never be the exact same challenge, maybe repeating subject you can control over time if there are improvements (I had to keep better at least the things of a year or 2 years ago I know)
for figure drawing from photo, video is the same?
maybe it's just important to practice ............, however in doubt I ask you. sorry

thank you very much for seeing

#23   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-09-2019, 07:49 AM
WC! Guide

Leonardo apparently used to copy the same image over and over so that he could eventually draw it without reference . Your lighting is much better but i would reccommend a darker pencil as has been said before, maybe conte pierre noire? Shaping continues to improve
  #24   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-10-2019, 12:05 PM
A Local Legend
Gretton

Hails from United Kingdom

A good record of your commitment. You’re getting some nice results too, decent captures of complicated poses. Perhaps time to try and get some more shape into the limbs?
  #25   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-10-2019, 08:06 PM

David, Harry, thank you so much for your kind words and advice.

David, well then, thanks for the information on Leonardo, it is not a harmful practice then ...
Seriously. Thanks that these notions are an enrichment and also make these brilliant artists love each other more and more.
(see their efforts, you know more, imagine what you've done to leave us such wonders, and this makes it even more magical, the magic of art that I always find in this forum.
I have a couple of Conte charcoal pencils that I will use more then (and the other charcoal pencils I had taken too) the charcoal I was actually thinking about for some weeks using it but I had stopped on the paper to use and as an attempt I had took a roll of paper that was quite cheap in case it was more suitable than I had tried before the albums (90 g / mq canson xl croquis, not very smooth), of the photopie paper I had or other sheets taken to try.
in practice about 2 years ago I had taken charcoal after reading or seeing drawings online and I thought that the suitable paper to take with these charcoal pencils was the newspaper,
but either I didn't find it at all or maybe with high expenses. throughout Europe it is perhaps not very widespread and so I haven't tried it yet but I went to attempts that I ended up abandoning to return to graphite. (I always attract coal and I would feel more confident in practicing it with a recommended medium). So I was thinking of writing a post where I could ask for advice on the media, on paper, post the card I have and the one I could buy, find now, the one I find now available, maybe there is a brand that you know of newspaper or alternative paper etc.
  #26   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-10-2019, 08:07 PM

Harry, I thank you so much, now that I read about him, I notice, on what particular start to concentrate better in the next attempts was something I wondered, but I didn't give the answer,
thank you, I'll try.

#27   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-12-2019, 01:09 PM

I did these last
they are short, one-minute poses from a video of croquis coffee a few months ago .
paper A3 XL Croquis 90 g canson
* the color is not white because it is a pale yellow color (nice).
Gioconda Koh-i-noor charcoal pencil

#28   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-13-2019, 08:11 AM
WC! Guide

Now we can see what you are doing Next thing is to find a figure group so you can draw live..
  #29   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-15-2019, 07:06 AM

David, thank you very much for having seen, for your words and for the help, also for the photos, I am happy to be able to send distinguishable photos. Without any comparison, before wetcavan in 2/3 years maybe in many moments I tried to practice in vain. Wetcavans helps in many ways, sending decent photos is the minimum.
on figure groups, you know I am so sorry not to attend it, it was among the things I wanted to do and reading forums I understood its importance more.
Unfortunately, I don't really have any places to go to practice drawing the figure.
But over time I will try to see if I can still attend figures group or similar because I would really like to learn to draw and mainly the figure, figure and portrait among the first things

#30   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-23-2019, 02:01 PM

I used an a4 sheet and filled it too much, so I apologize for the confusion and dirtiness of this attempt, I was pleased to post it anyway,
I had opened 2 videos together, the last 2 but I still hadn't chosen what to try and how, this is the last one, I designed very small, maybe too much.
Thanks so much for seeing.