WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Southwest and Western Art
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread

#46   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-29-2019, 11:20 AM
Enthusiast
Montana

Hails from United States
Re: 'Round the Campfire ~ April

I do not know what Lotaburger is, but I am cooking up today some Elk Burgers ... my last package of Elk meat ... going to savor it -

If any of you folks are passing through, stop in and enjoy ... they are hard to beat -

Hud
  #47   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-29-2019, 12:22 PM
Wisconsin

Hails from United States

Hello everyone! I hope you're all having a good and creative April. May's just around the corner - this is my favorite time of year. We're expecting some rainy weather by the look of it, but I guess that's how spring tends to be.

Hello Hud. Thank you so much. Your kind comments mean so much! I'll try an elk burger. Sounds pretty good!

Thank you, Richard!

Hi Jo. Thank you very much.

Hi Katy. Thanks so much!

Hi Kay. Thanks you for the nice comments!

You all are making me hungry. Here in Wisconsin, I've never even heard of Lottaburger, but it sure sounds hard to beat! I guess the local "king" of burgers in this area is Culver's. Very famous for their savory butter burgers and frozen custard.

Happy creating, everyone!

My blog: http://thecozyred.wordpress.com/
  #48   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-29-2019, 04:49 PM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
La tierra del encanto

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Castillo
Mmmmm, Lotaburger! My favorite. Love it with the green chile. We have a Whataburger in Bastrop, TX. It is good but not quite the same. Lotaburgers are still grilled when you order them. I can smell it cooking. Guess I'll get one in July......sigh.

Lottaburger also contracts their own beef (or used to). It used to be local grass fed beef. I don't know anymore, but when I tasted that up in Santa Fe, It all came back. I remember that beef was far less tasty in Nebraska because of that corn-feeding at the end. They have awesome fries with chili powder on them too. At the Art show, I brought up the lack of Lottaburgers, and was pointed in the direction of a Jumbo Joe's Burgers-- apparently as good as it gets in Lubbock. I was not that hungry at the time due to the fact that I had not saved myself for Lottaburgers, so I did not go there, but next time I am needing a burger lunch I will try Jumbo Joes. It is just off 4th street and near the Clovis Highway. It has a red roof and you can see it from the art museum.

Last edited by Use Her Name : 04-29-2019 at 04:53 PM.
  #49   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-29-2019, 07:40 PM
A Local Legend
Bastrop, Texas

Hails from United States

Sometimes we go through Lubbock to Angel Fire when we don't need to go to Albuquerque. Good to know a place to try. Don't remember if it was there back in the 80s when we lived in LBB. Our usual route is through Roswell, Clines Corner and Albuquerque to see family.

It is dinnertime, I'm hungry and the plan was some soup I made with green chile, but the burger idea is stuck in my head now. Oh well....
Winston Churchill
  #50   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-30-2019, 01:34 PM
A Local Legend
Swift Current, Saskatchewan, Canada

Hails from Canada

Hi everyone!!

Jenna, what a lovely portrait of Bailey. Awesome job on it!!

Hud, never had an elk burger, only sausage. I've had a buffalo burger, but it was over cooked & didn't taste great. (I didn't make it) I'd like to try it again. My son-in-law got a moose last fall. Still waiting on my share.

Throw another long on the fire. It's a little chilly here up north today--42F, although much warmer than it was on Sunday. We got hit hard with a snow storm. Winds were as high as 52/mph. Many people hit the ditches. I didn't have to work, so I didn't have to go to town. By noon the highways were closed for over 125 miles. The storm subsided by suppertime, but still no travel advisory was still posted for much of the evening. On the upside, we needed the moisture. Its been so dry that many places had fire bans on, some have been lifted now.

Horse lovers are "stable" people
My Website http://www.freewebs.com/sheilastienley/index.htm
  #51   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-30-2019, 04:27 PM
Enthusiast
Montana

Hails from United States

Sheila: Well I'll tell ya, Elk is mighty hard to beat - I have always had a difficult time deciding which rates the highest, Elk or Moose ... but, I think Elk gets the upper hand - Elk burger also makes a mighty fine meat loaf - I am down to just a couple of Canada geese and a few grouse in my freezer's store of winter meat, so looking forward to packing it up again this Fall -

Looks like you got the same storm that hit here this past weekend ... it was a screamer with 12" of snow ... blizzard conditions - Couple of ranchers South of me, called yesterday to see how it was up here on the border ... I said, "Winter ... had a short Spring and Summer." - But, that is Springtime in the North country ... and as you say, the moisture is much needed -

Like your photographs and hope you get your Moose soon -

Hud
  #52   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-30-2019, 05:14 PM
Big Spring,Texas

Hails from United States

Did you mean minus 42 Sheila or just 42? Your photos really are pretty neat to see. Glad you got some much needed moisture and snow is the best.

Only have had venison and buffalo. Moose and elk meat sounds good.

Sunny with wind here in Alto, NM. Left here 8 days ago and still there was birdseed in the feeder but hummingbirds ate/drank theirs. All I saw at the feeder was a lone scrub jay.
  #53   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-30-2019, 09:59 PM
Wisconsin

Hails from United States

Oh, Sheila, that looks cold for almost May! Glad you've gotten some needed moisture, but the sight of snow must be a little less than thrilling. Hang in there! Thank you so much for the nice comments on my scratchboard!

I've not eaten too much exotic meat...plenty of venison (two older brothers and a dad that have hunted quite a bit). I believe I tried elk once...and once when I was a kid, we were given a package of cougar meat...it was not to our liking. Much too gamey.

Hello Hud, Kay, Katy, Jo, and all the rest. Only a couple of hours left for April. Goodnight, all.

My blog: http://thecozyred.wordpress.com/
  #54   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-30-2019, 11:20 PM
A Local Legend
Swift Current, Saskatchewan, Canada

Hails from Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by KreativeK
Did you mean minus 42 Sheila or just 42? Your photos really are pretty neat to see. Glad you got some much needed moisture and snow is the best.
Sorry Kay for the confusion. Yes, 42. Could have frost or snow again in the morning. It's 34F right now & getting cooler through the night.

Horse lovers are "stable" people
My Website http://www.freewebs.com/sheilastienley/index.htm