WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Artwork from Life
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#31   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-06-2019, 10:26 AM
A Local Legend
Bastrop, Texas

Hails from United States
Re: Scavenger Hunt #582: Apr 2 - 10

Joe, fantastic grid. I like the graphite.

Ai, I love your love sign and poem. Makes me happy.

Nice to see the rest of you, thanks.

I need to practice my plein air skills for an event here in a couple of weeks. I am sooooo out of practice. So got out my pastels for the road scene. Spent just about an hour to try to get my mind in gear about under painting, composition, perspective, etc. Takes too long to do the backbone of a painting if you have to think about it. This seemed to help, but did not use enough of my artists license to remove stuff, this is very busy. But I got in a practice.

Number 3, road scape

Stand away from your screen, it looks better very small, ha.
Winston Churchill
  #32   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-06-2019, 10:57 AM
Immortalized

Bronze Membership
Hails from United States

Scatty — Thanks so much 😊

Jo — I don't know what to say because if I dare mention how much I love this, and that it's a wondrous gorgeous scene that I want to walk through with bare feet... well, we all know what will happen next, and it won't involve a frame or a gallery sigh... you are such a talent........
---> Pieces..... (both freehand, Procreate app)
"Be generous with your joy. Give away what you most want. Be generous with your insights and delights." (Pema Chödrön)
  #33   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-06-2019, 11:48 AM
A Local Legend
Bangkok, Thailand

Hails from Thailand

Thanks Scatty, Jo, PineCone for your kind words.

Jo: Yes, I ditto PineCone.. Your plein air is amazing... I just want to be there ...

Painting is my soul. My blog.
  #34   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-06-2019, 01:05 PM
A Local Legend
Bangkok, Thailand

Hails from Thailand

#5 my art space.. or a part of ... done in digi... I am still combining my sketch with National Poetry Writing Month or "Day6 of NaPoWriMo2019"

#35   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-07-2019, 10:58 AM
A Local Legend
Bastrop, Texas

Hails from United States

Ai, your poems are touching and clever. The drawings are right on as well. Love the art supplies.

Thanks all on my plein air. Mainly I was trying to get down a good start in an hour and then I would clean it up and develop to a painting. I did another yesterday. We had rain, so I sketched from my studio to outside. So pastels on the same paper .. Went for some lighter values, but no sunshine for highlights. Good for sketch, painting would require straight lines, right? This should help when I actually go painting in a couple of weeks.

Number 4, porch (the tile has a grid, but didn't want to get into detail, ha)

Winston Churchill
  #36   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-07-2019, 11:49 AM
A Local Legend
Bangkok, Thailand

Hails from Thailand

Jo: Thanks ... lovely porch in pastel... Love those pots on the floor, you got them super beautiful 3D round effect.

#37   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-07-2019, 01:40 PM
A WC! Legend
Cumbria

Hails from United Kingdom

2. Has some sort of grid...multi drawer cabinet...very quick pencil,A5 ...

#38   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-08-2019, 02:51 PM
Lord of the Arts
Punta Gorda Florida

Hails from United States

Thanks to all for kind words on a very wonky grid.

Ai - Loving the 'illustrated poem" Thanks for the hand sign. But the image with the clever art poem is way too neat.

Pine cone - did you remember the DVD yet?

Jo - The plein air road scape is great. Like Pine Cone, I shutter to think you probably wiped it already. The pots on porch hit a spot for me. I have quite a few in my NA collection.

Scatty - Great grid! Curious what do you keep in all those drawers? Are those the tiny drawers you used in another sketch?

Keep sketching
Joe
  #39   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-08-2019, 06:00 PM
Beautiful BC

Hails from Canada

PC - glad you enjoyed the info on The Group of Seven

Scatty - thank you. Oooh an apothecary chest of drawers (or maybe just an old card catalogue chest?) Do you have labels for the drawers? If not, how do you remember what in each one?

Jo - good job for being "rusty" on doing plein air. Maybe your artistic licence is a bit dusty - blow the dust off (not pastel dust, naturally) and loosen up Yay another plein air. What do you use for the surface on which you put your pastels?

Ai - good poem for collecting your art materials. I recall a documentary where people had a lrge enough house that they could leave things "out" so could resume work on something and didn't have to put it away and take it out again. I think that's one of the main hurdles to working on things. If you have to set up / tear down it takes away time creating.
Moderator for: Artwork From Life (Scavenger Hunts) All Media Art Events (WDE) Art Journals (Sketchbooks)
  #40   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-09-2019, 05:47 AM
A WC! Legend
Cumbria

Hails from United Kingdom

Joe, thanks, no these are full size drawers -
EP, thanks, yep all labelled, like you I need reminding what is in each one...
Jo, your porch looks fab and relaxing, love the decorative pots
Ai, that describes art inspiration very accurately, the times I get an inspiration, which is very frequently, but by the time I get to the studio, it has passed, so it's another cuppa tea instead

...these two are painted into my new garden journal, but thought I could manipulate them into this weeks Scav Hunt...

3. lips, found this little jaw bone whilst digging in the garden, it would have had lips at one time

4. my art space, is my garden as well as my studio, and the blossom is coming out, this is plum blossom...

#41   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-09-2019, 08:17 AM
A Local Legend
Bangkok, Thailand

Hails from Thailand

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyepaint
Ai - good poem for collecting your art materials. I recall a documentary where people had a lrge enough house that they could leave things "out" so could resume work on something and didn't have to put it away and take it out again. I think that's one of the main hurdles to working on things. If you have to set up / tear down it takes away time creating.

EP: Yes, I try to downsize the house and my art room as well as donate some art materials that I don't use away...however, having been busy with works and kids just takes away lots of my time and energy...so I hope to get to declutter my art room slowly, that I can have always-ready and more inviting open space.

Scatty: Thanks. Wonderful grid drawer cabinet plus the beautiful bloom and garden rare find. I love to see your playtime sketches.... After I read your journal message of plants instead of rings... I recall that when I had my first sizesable saving ... I bought plants (I was around 15 years old).

Joe and Jo: Thanks.

Last edited by Eye : 04-09-2019 at 08:25 AM.
  #42   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-09-2019, 03:08 PM
Lord of the Arts
Punta Gorda Florida

Hails from United States

Scatty - cool chest of drawers. I think most of us could fill that in the blink of an eye. The jaw bone is a definite find. Do you know what animal it is from? The plum blossoms are beautiful.

2 looking down - put the coffee mug on the floor to try a unique perspective. It was fun obviously a challenge and learned I need to work more not setting items up like a still life. In 9x12 in sketchbook using multiple grades of graphite.

Keep sketching
Joe
  #43   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-09-2019, 03:37 PM
A Local Legend
Bastrop, Texas

Hails from United States

Thanks everyone.

Scatty, wow on the chest. Good idea with the centers, etc. I always forget to do that and have such wonky sketches. Clever find with the jaw bone, nicely done. The blossoms and your story are great. I'm smiling.

Joe excellent on the perspective on the mug. Excellent. Very hard to do on round top and bottom and then the curvy side. Whoot!!

We were out to town this morning so I got in a couple of sketches in the small travel sketchbook with the Prismacolor 03.

Number 5, storefront
Number 6, billboard,signs
Numbr 7, car

Winston Churchill
  #44   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-09-2019, 04:30 PM

Wow you have done some great sketches as usual . I won't be able to do it this time. I have been in the Hospital since Sat. night and keeping me again tonight. My pacemakers defaulter keeps going off. The have it stopped but now they want to find out why. Hopefully I can join the next hunt
  #45   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-09-2019, 11:42 PM
A Local Legend
Bangkok, Thailand

Hails from Thailand

Number9: I wish for your speedy recovery. Have a good rest...our art group here will always happily wait for you.

Jo: Wonderful store front, shops, and cars. I love Lowe's, HomeDepot, TrueValue, Ace .. all hardware stores in the US are encouraging home folks to DIY. Where the Thai seem to heavily relying on repairman only. The DIY tools in Thai rarely take off with Thai consumers.

Joe: Very nice graphite sketch of the coffee mug.