Home Forums Explore Subjects Southwest and Western Art April Monthly Challenge – Come Join The Fun

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    oldglory

This is an all come event. We welcome all mediums and skill levels in this challenge, so please feel free to join us. If you are new, jump right in – the more the merrier. If you are returning – welcome back! Glad to have you!

The selection of photos I have chosen are from my personal collection of Montana photographs … I hope they are varied enough to pique everyone’s creative interest. So, grab your paintbrushes, pencils, pens, pastels, clay … whatever your medium may be and have a grand time creating. Please comment on one another’s artwork … but don’t give any harsh critique unless requested by the artist. Use the images any way you wish … crop them, change the compositions, mesh multiple images together … whatever your creative vision may be. The main thing is – just have fun! Looking forward to seeing what each and everyone will share … have an enjoyable and creative April Monthly Challenge!

Hud, these are outstanding photos you’ve shared with us! I can’t wait to see what everyone will do with them. I know I’m feeling inspired to try several of them. Thank you for hosting for us in April!

Jenna

My website: https://www.thecozyred.com/

oldglory

Jenna: Glad you like :wave:… I myself, am trying to decide which one I want to undertake … I like them all … but I must say my favorite is the “Mother and Daughter” ( sheep ) photograph –

Hud

Thanks for hosting, Hud. A beautiful selection of references to choose from.

Christel

oldglory

Christel: Thank you … looking forward to seeing your work –

Hud

Beautiful and inspiring. Thanks, Hud.

My blog https://jocastilloartblog.blogspot.com/
                My website https://jocastilloart.com

oldglory

Jo: Thank you … hopefully will being seeing your efforts soon –

Hud

LENGERT

Thanks for hosting Hud. Wow, you are a great photographer. These are wonderful reference photos. Hope to get at least one completed for the challenge. The hard part will be choosing which one.

sanlynn

oldglory

sanlynn: Thank you … I had a difficult time deciding which photographs to include, as I have 100’s I have taken over the years –

A few of these photos were taken by a photographer friend of mine … she is always sending me photographs for use in my painting … which I appreciate –

Looking forward to seeing your work – Thanks for stopping by –

Hud

Hud, these are all excellent choices.

Joy
                            C & C encouraged!

oldglory

Joy: Thank you very much … glad you find them to your liking – Looking forward to seeing your work –

Hud

Wow Hud, your area is so lovely and wildlife plentiful. Spectacular scenes. Thanks for hosting this month.

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

oldglory

Kay: You are welcome … and thank you – Hope you find an inspiring image to work on … looking forward to seeing what you will create –

Hud

SunFace

Love the landscapes!

C & C are always welcome so I can grow as an artist.

My website.

oldglory

SunFace: Thank you … hope to see your work soon –

Hud

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 80 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.