WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Figure, The
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#16   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-17-2019, 03:58 PM

Re: The Beauty of the female ..

It's really beautiful, you know, it reminded me of something in both the designs of Sargent and in other those of Sheppard, Joseph that I had recently bought a book of his to admire the wonderful drawings and this work reminds me of this kind of work. beautiful.
but all your drawings I've seen are fantastic
I think you have a great talent that you have made use of with dedication and practice but it's nice to hear your words at work, thanks for having published it and for what you say is very motivating. congratulations and thanks
  #17   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-18-2019, 01:26 PM
A WC! Legend

Hails from Australia
Use to denote nudity/mature subject matter Re: The Beauty of the female ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1It
It's really beautiful, you know, it reminded me of something in both the designs of Sargent and in other those of Sheppard, Joseph that I had recently bought a book of his to admire the wonderful drawings and this work reminds me of this kind of work. beautiful.
but all your drawings I've seen are fantastic
I think you have a great talent that you have made use of with dedication and practice but it's nice to hear your words at work, thanks for having published it and for what you say is very motivating. congratulations and thanks

Woweee, thatís really very lovely of you!!! 😊 , Sargent was amazing and iv even had an artist once say they could see my life drawing as very MichaelAngelo .... anther personal fav of mine ...but itís just really hard work and effort that brings this dedication to any artists hand ... andfor my humbling words you are very welcome to ask me for anything that may be of help to your learning , happy to share 😁👍
  #18   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-18-2019, 01:52 PM
A WC! Legend

Hails from Australia

This is for you Joe .... a very simple almost 2d approach to the human form

#19   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-29-2019, 04:30 PM

Hi lovin art, I regret not having written before because the forum has become my favorite site and now I visit it every day but your new design and your kind words had eluded me inexplicably until now.
I thank you very much for your kindness and because already sharing your wonderful works, your drawings and your words are already a fantastic help for those who try to approach this wonderful and arduous subject, the drawing of the figure is really something magical, an art in art, there is everything that can fascinate the world of design, of the art world.
Also, encourage them to practice, to try to do better and consciously, nothing I am trying to be more continuous and to read a little more and better, I'm doing those quick poses a few minutes a day but also some sketches on skull and loomis for which coming days I would like to make a new post for that.
Whoever compared your works to those of Michelangelo I would say he was right and he was a wonderful artist, his preparatory studies are already real works of art.
Your drawings from life evoke these masters because they really do breathe the same magic so I thank you so much for sharing them and for the latter, I like it very much with a few lines, with this hatch you already highlight the figure, importance of envelope, of respecting the proportions and that the artist has a great understanding of human anatomy
And of shading even when shading doesn't necessarily involve a pose many hours long or a realistic photo design (shading for me is one of the most difficult things, which is not easy for me to internalize especially using pencils but it is not only the technique but also question that I stop soon, using few values ​​in the exercises in which I would try to draw in the most realistic way I can, I cannot explain this so I will set an example for what I want to say, even if I am wrong to do so, excuse http: // http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/i...-2656x1494.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/i...op_597x597.jpg)
in any case shading is used to give three-dimensionality and already these two examples show that there is a million ways to do it and great when you have a great mastery like you, about shading, techniques, however cross-hatching is also a technique which I like and would like to use).
Thank you so much, practically with your post you made me one of the most beautiful birthday presents I have ever received, it was a very nice example (on the 18th, the day you wrote was my birthday) and then every word received or read which comes from artists as you want is something incredible.
: Wave:
  #20   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-07-2019, 04:20 PM
A WC! Legend

Hails from Australia

Hi Joe , I did not expect to see such a Huge response to this from you , trust me Iím very flattered and humbled 😊, this is not about me I just wanted to give you a heads up on how to give your figure drawing that more 3D feel even tho Iím mostly just using one basic tone , but no amount of tone helps if you canít grasp the human anatomy which is the meat and bones (pardon the pun) 😁 of any great drawing of the figure Iím really glad to hear your enjoying drawing and pushing yourself thatís what it takes ... also and you probably have but please take a look Kevinís work on here heís is masterful and well one of many of the best teachers I ever got to draw with ... I see a lot of Kevin in my drawing skill👍
Ps Happy belated birthday Too 😁😊
  #21   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-08-2019, 12:02 PM

thank you for the good wishes and for your words, and your example is very clear .
Thank you very much for your advice and suggestions, I will try much more than kevin (I had saved some incredible posts where he reported some indications on which I thought I would come back so much and read as much as possible which also explains very well and then I will try better his posts that like you say is a great artist,),
lately I'm trying to focus mainly on anatomy, pay a lot more attention to Landmark (through a beautiful post that I read on the forum, right between those with kevin and books, I'm trying to internalize something and maybe improve, for now gestures, then put a little bit of anatomy in it, while trying to improve in shading and the rest,), organize myself better and try to internalize things as I go along.
not that I didn't think it was important but that I had to concentrate first only on the main fundamentals (shading then one of the things on which maybe I turned empty) thinking that figures and then anatomy for my caŤacotŗ were like running without having first learned to walk, (also if maybe in some things I then turned to empty or I think more about the way the result or maybe I would never have tried a complete drawing or to try to learn even a single bit of anatomy etc)
However you sometimes draw it I feel a need that I compare almost to breathe and so I would really like to do it however in the best possible way that I can,,
how can I do it better now that maybe there was a time machine I would start drawing a lot more and more or I would still do very little empty laps with different choices but I'm really happy to have joined the forum, to have known him because now I no longer hear about going around in circles and discovering beautiful people who are very talented artists like you and kevin
(maybe you won't believe it but in the first post I wrote I was saying that I was happy to have discovered this forum so full of wonderful ideas and artists, starting among others to mention you, and also kevin among others (in fact you have points in common including great talent and wonderful style) first of all in the posts I had recovered in the forum, read every time I came across your works I was really very admired so I wanted to thank some artists like you and say how much I admire the works that you are able to do)
anyway your works, together with your words on art, on the approach to this are really a big push and in any case works like yours are still a joy for the eyes and also for the soul, you are really an artist extraordinary, great talent, if in years I will make a beautiful drawing a third of yours I will already be happy.
I wrote a lot again, I don't know how to apologize to you, now I'm two papyri, I had to be more careful, sorry and thanks again
  #22   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-30-2019, 10:33 PM
A WC! Legend

Hails from Australia

Awww gees Joe .... reading all of that is so truly humbling to me ... Iím so touched by your kind words about the artist in me .. I hope you realize you can be and do anything you want, itís all there for the open minded , and I am happy to watch your artistry grow likewise 😁💋

Sorry for my late reply just been snowed under with work at the moment 😊
  #23   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-01-2019, 02:22 PM

Hi Lovin Art,
anyway they are words you deserve, your work is splendid, one of those things that helps to make people understand how beautiful it is in the world, I can only be grateful to fantastic artists like you, your works I believe are therefore a real gift, there I appreciate very much, I believe that anyone who sees them agrees with me.

For the answer, you didn't owe me any excuse, I can only be very grateful to you, actually I can only thank you very much, thank you for the time you spent for me, for reading, having seen my attempts.
I heartily thank you for everything, thank you for these words of yours, they really encourage me and encourage me to practice.
Thank you so much.
  #24   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-03-2019, 07:07 AM
Veteran Member

Nice drawings Lovin Art. The back pose has some very nice line work, I like the varying width and darkness you employed.
  #25   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-26-2019, 01:51 PM

Very nice work! -A
  #26   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-26-2019, 07:02 PM
Surrey, UK

Hails from United Kingdom

Cool drawing Sandra. Great to see you in the channel (missed it before because it was on an old thread).

Blog Gallery