WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Artwork from Life
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#31   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-19-2019, 10:07 PM

Hails from United States
Re: Scavenger Hunt #576, Feb 13 - Feb 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen
I don't understand all the words in this week's Hunt. So I'm filing this under "21 Important". It's my art materials closet. Fineliner again, A4.

Such great shading. Thanks for posting this!

It's been a while since I've participated in one of these, but I'm stopping by to for this hunt. Great list, thank you for it, and for still being here! I'll post soon.

Jaye

Last edited by Jaye : 02-19-2019 at 10:10 PM.
  #32   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-20-2019, 06:23 AM
Enthusiast
Boston MA area

Hails from United States

Skatty: Thanks... nice tea holder, button and delicious looking banana great color in all.. your little spaniel looks like he is telling you not to leave him, my guess is he has you pretty much trained by now..... those muffins look very delicious. If you want to give me one, no problem.

EP: Thanks

Jo: Thanks, great little bear you captured the light nicely... he sure is glowing

Joan: Thanks.... I did make you guys breakfast but unfortunately I ate it already You might have a problem with my culinary skills.... I much enjoy trying foods and flavors that are outside the norm. I had a gelato last night which was rather unique --- double chocolate that had jalapeno and strawberry. The heat was mild but noticeable it was simple delicious. So you still want breakfast? Nice watercolor landscape like how you create all the depth... nice blue canister and detergent ....

C & C Always Welcomed
  #33   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-20-2019, 09:15 AM
A Local Legend
Bastrop, Texas

Hails from United States

Scatty, evidently our English muffins are what you call toaster muffins, round and flat, not sweet, and fit in the toaster when cut in half. Your photo of muffins look like our muffins that are cooked in the paper cups with dough somewhat like cake dough and sweet. No matter, still make me hungry. Fun to get to know English, eh?

Joan, I like the turquoise shed and trees. Very nice. Blue canisters! Could go in my kitchen. I still use Tide, but nice Purex bottle.

Hi Jaye, looking forward to your sketches.

Paul, thanks. Your gelato sounds great. I'm hungry again.

I'm going out with the plein air group. We are meeting at a coffee shop where we can paint in or out as it is supposed to be around 50 degrees. Hopefully what I sketch/paint will fit here. Back later.....
Winston Churchill
  #34   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-20-2019, 08:16 PM
A Local Legend
Bastrop, Texas

Hails from United States

Finally a sketch. I went out with the Plein Air group. I intended to paint an old car and a windmill and saw this fountain all in disrepair. About 9 x 12 on a dark rusty color sanded paper (new! Ha!) . Pastels, about 2 hours of work.

Number 1, delapitated

Winston Churchill
  #35   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-21-2019, 03:55 AM
A WC! Legend
Cumbria

Hails from United Kingdom

thanks all...
...yoiks! t'is the 21 already!
Joan, pretty shed with the growing trees, and well done detergent, love the blue canister, would go lovely in my eclectic kitchen...
Jo, love that dilapidated fountain, great subject...

5. sewing...

6. passenger, the hare on this pottery mug made by my friend is a very cute passenger...

...snap of her creations, she is very talented...

#36   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-21-2019, 10:25 AM
A Local Legend
Bastrop, Texas

Hails from United States

Scatty, oh, I love the mug. Thanks. The thread is very well done and a happy color.

I got one more done. Number 3, darkness - Micron 01 and Prismacolor Brush pen, in the big book. Looking from my studio with my lamp on into the living room/entry way.

Thanks, Scatty, for the hunt. I really liked the words and was hoping to get more done. Alas.....
Winston Churchill
  #37   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-21-2019, 03:53 PM
Enthusiast
Boston MA area

Hails from United States

Jo: Great choice for dilapidated and well done, nice job on texture --- good choice for darkness, nice sketch of entrance with shadowed area..

Scatty: You have so many nick knacks always different, cute passenger.... very nicely done..... Thanks for hosting

C & C Always Welcomed
  #38   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-21-2019, 10:33 PM
Beautiful BC

Hails from Canada

Hunt 577 has been posted. Happy sketching!!
Moderator for: Artwork From Life (Scavenger Hunts) All Media Art Events (WDE) Art Journals (Sketchbooks)
  #39   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-22-2019, 04:03 AM
A WC! Legend
Cumbria

Hails from United Kingdom

thanks peeps...
Jo, good job on the darkness, glad you liked the mug, I love this lady's pottery, I have several pieces, its so unusual...
Paul, thanks, yes my 'rubbish' as hubs calls it fills every available space, and several boxes besides
Thanks for making my scav hunt fun...