WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Acrylics
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#61   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-24-2019, 08:06 AM
North East England.

Hails from England
Re: WOYE (What's On Your Easel) 2019

Good ideas Lorraine.

Sheil? Don't know how you survive in a small space ..... I'm dreading having to downsize!

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in Florals/Botanicals, Weekend Drawing Events in the All Media Arts Events forum. Different Strokes in the Acrylics Forum.
**Information Kiosk~Acrylics**
**Reference Image Library**
**My SAA website**
  #62   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-24-2019, 06:00 PM
Lord of the Arts
Greenfield, Massachusetts

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konfuzd

I have this underpainting finished of this bellowing stag. After he's finished, I plan to experiment with some wood stains on the background to enhance the different woodgrain.

Sort of reminds me of snow as it is...
  #63   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-25-2019, 05:10 AM
North East England.

Hails from England

Konfuzed - I agree with Tom - the woodgrain is very nice as is - wonder if a thin white wash would retain that?

I'm not altogether sure about a stag's proportions but the head seems rather heavy for the legs!

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in Florals/Botanicals, Weekend Drawing Events in the All Media Arts Events forum. Different Strokes in the Acrylics Forum.
**My SAA website**
  #64   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-25-2019, 09:51 AM
A WC! Legend
NYS

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadLessTaken
I have construction guys coming Monday to repair water damage so ALL my art supplies must be packed away. I do store works in progress in the microwave and things are kept in the fridge. Before moving to Philly I had an enormous house in rural Maine. I swore I'd never be greedy for space again.... changed my mind!
Thanks so much Lorraine!
Sheila

I'm just glad someone else uses the microwave for storage! Ours lives in the pantry with a toaster oven that has only been used for storage since we moved into this house (except the rare occasion of grandkids from Maine staying with us). I have found that thinking outside the box for storage requires a good memory!
My WIP is from an WDE from a couple of weeks ago -warning - ugly stage!
Will come back and post in a bit.
  #65   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-25-2019, 10:39 PM
Enthusiast
Waterford, NY

Hails from United States

Still working on my canvas. I haven't been able to work more than a couple hours every few nights lately, ugh.

On top of that, I wanted to experiment with some stuff in the background, so I've been fussing over that area quite a bit.

The mid- and foreground areas here are just roughly blocked; the grass won't have as clumpy a texture when I start going over everything.

Obviously, I haven't finished blocking in the buildings and stuff in the right middle.

My source photo features one of my few effective uses of f-stoppage, so I'm trying to capture that: the figure in the photo is in sharp focus while the background is very soft and hazy.

#66   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-26-2019, 12:57 PM
North East England.

Hails from England

B/g looks effective Ken .... with the figure, watch that post doesn't come out of her head!lololol

**My SAA website**
  #67   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-26-2019, 12:59 PM
Enthusiast
Waterford, NY

Hails from United States

Thanks, Maureen...the pole is a bit vexing. In the pic, there's a highlight there that connects with the reflection off the hair. I like how it unifies fore- and background, but yeah, making it look like there's not a spike protruding from her forehead is proving to be difficult! I think I just have to soften the edges on the pole a lot more.
  #68   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-26-2019, 05:09 PM
Lord of the Arts
Greenfield, Massachusetts

Hails from United States

Looking good Ken. Agree with Maureen...you can move the post, perhaps?
  #69   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-27-2019, 12:05 AM
Veteran Member
Philadelphia

Hails from United States

This thread is funny to come back to tonight!
AS usual, things got messy in the repairs to my apartment. I requested that property management hire professional cleaners for me. They arrived very early this morning (Tuesday) and, partially due to the early hour for me and the brain fog related to the mold in my apartment, I was unable to direct the cleaning crew much. (Not to mention I've never had someone clean up my place so I was in heaven!)

The cleaning crew must know small apartment s because they were not at all surprised to remove my WIPs from the microwave! Then they cleaned it and placed them carefully back.) I'm sure I'm not the only one with a bunch of brushes by the sink in various stages of being cleaned, and several palettes. They carefully cleaned all my brushes and i found my ceramic palettes in the dishwasher! (In all honesty, I took my dog out for a long walk so I didn't have to hear people swearing about my mess!)

The coolest part though, I have over the years bought all kinds of textures and colors of layering for my bed. I've never made my bed... not in decades! Between my cats being in the bed and me crawling in to nap it never seemed like a good time! Today I had the visual treat of what my bed looked like all made with all the varieties of textiles and gem colors! I so wish I had taken a picture to make a painting! Maybe I'll give it a shot in its unmade state!

(First night in a long time I don't have a bedtime but I'm exhausted! Thanks for the smiles at bed time!)

Sheila
  #70   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-27-2019, 06:09 AM
North East England.

Hails from England

Thanks for the laugh Sheila - a good way to start my day!

You could pose us a challenge with the glorious colours and textures of your bed!!!

**My SAA website**
  #71   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-27-2019, 09:58 AM
Enthusiast
Waterford, NY

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmwilliams
Looking good Ken. Agree with Maureen...you can move the post, perhaps?

Thanks, Tom!

I'm going to experiment with moving or separating the glow on the post from the head. I'll likely put down at least one more layer of zinc white or phthalo blue glaze, so it will be knocked back a tad, hopefully that'll do the trick. If not, moving it might be the best option.
  #72   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-27-2019, 10:01 AM
Enthusiast
Waterford, NY

Hails from United States

Ah, a thorough cleaning can be so nice...somehow it makes the day lighter when all is in its place. But I'm the same with the bed...and the books and blankets and rat hideys in the living room...
  #73   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-27-2019, 04:25 PM

I think it's done....for me it's like a car accident, you know you shouldn't keep looking at it but you can't help yourself.
Lol...is it any indication that I named the file "pearsfinal1"???

#74   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-27-2019, 04:50 PM
Enthusiast
Waterford, NY

Hails from United States

Nice job, Lorraine!
  #75   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-27-2019, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sykirobme
Nice job, Lorraine!

Thanks! You did a fabulous job on your background!