WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Artwork from Life
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#16   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-11-2018, 05:07 PM
Beautiful BC

Hails from Canada
Re: Scavenger Hunt #564: Nov 9 - 17

Dave - great egg carton and such a lovely wash on your glass

Ai - this looks like such a fun pencil case! Would you please share a photo of the item? Burger king ad looks great! Hmmm looks like a great beer

Jo - what a lovely book! Aha a military kilt

Scatty - that seems like a lovely book!

Here are some from me. Graphite 5x6" page

1. couch

2. book cover
3. jug

Cheers,
Moderator for: Artwork From Life (Scavenger Hunts) All Media Art Events (WDE) Art Journals (Sketchbooks)
  #17   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-11-2018, 05:45 PM
A WC! Legend
Long Island

Hails from United States

Jo - Thanks for the recycled list. I think we've done this one more than once. Your book cover is so nicely done! Sounds like an interesting artist. Nice sketch of the bagpiper that you caught in action. I missed the Veterans Day ceremony nearby...everyone was walking away as I drove through town. There was a group of young men all dressed in Navy uniforms, maybe 20 of them walking together. They looked so stylish. It would have been fun to sketch them but they were walking too fast to sketch them.

Dave - Nice egg carton! The wine looks good...maybe you can share. I don't think the Queen will mind the sketch at all.

Ai - I like your iPad Pro sketch. I did get to try an iPencil last weekend. Rob Sketcherman from Hong Kong was visiting NYC last week and came sketching with us. He was so nice and let anyone who wanted try out what he uses. It was amazing to watch him sketch on it. I think he is the master. If I had an iPad Pro I would want to take a workshop with him at a symposium. Love the sketch from Burger King. The sketch, wall, and brick came out great! How funny that it is so much more expensive. My husband loves their whoppers but he prefers McDonald's for breakfast (egg McMuffin). I'm not so crazy about either of them. You did well with the glass. I always have trouble getting both sides to match. lol

Kat - What a cute little cat book!

EP- Nice soft look to the couch. Are you a swimmer or just interested in swimming? Nice jug...what's inside.

Yesterday I was at the Brooklyn Museum with the NYC Urban Sketchers. That's where I did these.
1 - glass case - watercolors and ink
2 - heavy mummy
3 - waist - watercolors and ink
Attached Images

#18   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-12-2018, 04:11 PM
A Local Legend
Bastrop, Texas

Hails from United States

EP, from the looks of your couch, I should be there napping. The swimming book looks interesting. Our Larry loves to swim underwater, I used to worry about him coming up....Nice jug, hope it is full of wine. Too bad my kilt was a Hunt late!

Joan, Mmmmm, lovely museum sketches. We were at the Blanton Museum in Austin yesterday, but for music and were not allowed cameras or sketching. Kazuhito Yama****a, classical guitar. It was beautiful, no applause until intermission and he didn't talk either so it was a quiet couple of hours. Joanna took us and we all got a bit sleepy. Ha. I like my Apple pencil but always make better lines with my finger. Need more practice I guess and I don't have the iPad Pro so there is tiny, tiny delay.
Winston Churchill
  #19   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-13-2018, 10:22 AM
A Local Legend
Bastrop, Texas

Hails from United States

Finally got something sketched for this Hunt! In the big book with a Prismacolor 05 fine line marker/pen. Freehand, quick as possible.

Number 3, pepper
Number 4, umbrella
Number 5, egg carton

Winston Churchill
  #20   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-13-2018, 03:35 PM
A WC! Legend
Cumbria

Hails from United Kingdom

Ai, thanks.
Jo, thanks, well done rapid sketch of the piper, and what a treat to hear the pipes, I love to hear a bit of bagpipe music. Good quick sketch of the collection of items, hope you didn't need to use the brolly....
EP, thanks... nice collection of sketches, book looks interesting, and comfy looking sofa too...
Joan, thanks, and looks like you spent a productive day at the museum. Lovely sketches...

I tried the challenge, quick ten minute retrospective sketch with biro on a bit of A4 lined paper. This was someone at our art exhibition placing a vote for the people's favourite, or best in show.....and surprise surprise, t'was my pic that was picked

#21   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-13-2018, 03:38 PM
Lord of the Arts
Oxford, UK

Hi Everyone, lots of great sketches. Ai, I love the mural, great job. Jo, the book cover is so good, what an intersting story. Scatty, that's a lovely book cover too. EP, that sofa looks so comfy! Joan, looks like an interesting museum, what a great place to sketch. Jo, interesting composition as well as a great sketch.

#4 Heavy (I've moved this chest of drawers, so I can vouch for its weight!)

#5 Vegetable (a Savoy cabbage)

#22   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-13-2018, 04:16 PM
Lord of the Arts
Green heart of Austria

Hails from Austria

Heya

love the list , all well done so far , love it .

posting here the #564 A4-sheet of chaos , graphite pencil in 60 min.

Ps: The Joghurt the white creamy semi fluide was a quite of challenge ...

Cheers W.P.
  #23   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-14-2018, 10:17 AM
A Local Legend
Bastrop, Texas

Hails from United States

Scatty, what a super sketch. I am not surprised at all that your painting won for people's favourite. Applause! Can we see it???

Dave, the chest of drawers looks like one we had, does it have a marble top? Well done. I like the cabbage. They are fun to paint in color.

WP, your sketches are always fun and another scavenger hunt of their own. Liquid and white are hard to show in black and white. Great egg carton and couch, cat, sign/ad "win a horse". All fun.

I did my watercolor homework using different palettes. So number 5, glass. This is a split complimentary and monocromatic. The split was red, yellow green an blue green.

Winston Churchill
  #24   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-14-2018, 10:32 PM
A WC! Legend
Long Island

Hails from United States

Jo, thank. Sounds like a nice musical program at the museum. My friend's daughter is majoring in classical guitar and from time to time she posts podcasts of her performances at school. I like your bag of peppers...nice folds and translucence. Good glass sketches in the assorted palettes.

Kat, thank you. Congrats on being the popular choice!! Nice sketch of the person casting their vote.

Dave, that looks like a heavy dresser to move...solid! Nice shading on the savoy cabbage.

WP - You always have such a fun page with interesting sketches.

My Wed night sketch group did Christmas sketches tonight because we are doing a showcase of our sketches for the month of Dec and need to have them ready to go in by the 1st of Dec. Everyone brought quite a collection of interesting items.
3 - little nutcracker figurine - watercolors and ink
Attached Images

#25   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-15-2018, 12:05 AM
A Local Legend
Bastrop, Texas

Hails from United States

Joan, thanks. You always do so much for Christmas. This is precious. Beautiful colors and design.

I've more homework, I couldn't get into it today and didn't get much done in the watercolor business. One more class but we are skipping next week for Thanksgiving, so maybe I can get it done... ha.
Winston Churchill
  #26   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-15-2018, 09:44 AM
A Local Legend
Bangkok, Thailand

Hails from Thailand

So cute Joan.

Sorry not much art done today but at least I get the pic. of my super zipper bag to share here.

Painting is my soul. My blog.
  #27   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-15-2018, 10:32 AM
Beautiful BC

Hails from Canada

Joan - thank you. I'm a beginner swimmer. I failed beginner level swimming lessons 2 or 3 times when I was a kid. Now I'm trying again. Sorry to disappoint there is tea in the jug - it's a thermos jug so it keeps tea super warm for a long time. I really like it. Look at all those artifacts! Well done! And such cheerful friendly faces on your xmas items.

Jo - thank you. There was tea in the jug, sorry. I've seen a few people who try to swim half or more of the length of the pool underwater the whole time. There are people who sink down and sit on the bottom of the pool. It's rather odd. And then there are people who are swimming what I think they think is the butterfly stroke but I call it the "can I splash all of the water out of the pool" stroke. That concert sounds like a great time. I looked up that musician and I see he always has asterisks in his name. Is this to maintain a bit of privacy? Is he like how Prince became "the artist formerly known as Prince" and then became a symbol? Look at your bag of peppercorns!! Well done on your wc colour homework palettes.

Scatty - thank you. Is that person voting? Well done winning a prize!

Dave - isn't it odd that there can be an unassuming piece of furniture than when you go to move it you realize it's rather hefty? Well done on the ruffles and texture of the Savoy cabbage.

WP - the faces in your sketches always look so bright and alive Well, except for #16.

Ai - thank you for the photo of your pencil case. Do all the zips open? Do they all open to the same place or do you have six different places to tuck different items?
Moderator for: Artwork From Life (Scavenger Hunts) All Media Art Events (WDE) Art Journals (Sketchbooks)
  #28   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-15-2018, 11:22 AM
A Local Legend
Bastrop, Texas

Hails from United States

Ai, what a cute bag and you drew it well!

EP, your swim story is interesting. Gene is one of the ones that sinks to the bottom, a body with no buoyancy. I have a hard time going under water. Go figure. I'm not a tea drinker .. I do like jasmine tea when we eat Chinese.

I sketched in my travel sketchbook 7 x 10 inches about half a page. A Prismacolor 05 and the sketchbook size watercolor brushes.

Number 6 couch

Winston Churchill
  #29   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-15-2018, 12:05 PM
A Local Legend
Bangkok, Thailand

Hails from Thailand

EP: All the zips can be open ... the whole case is just one container...those many zippers act like skeleton.

Jo: Thanks and love the sofa sketch

Painting is my soul. My blog.
  #30   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-15-2018, 04:24 PM
A WC! Legend
Cumbria

Ai thanks, and love your wacky zip zap bag...
Dave, thanks, nice chest drawers, it does look heavy. well done cabbage too.
WP, like how you get so much on one page, well done...
Jo, thanks, lovely sketches, that first one is so lovely and bright, especially like the glass, well done on the split. And you couch looks so inviting and comfy, beautifully done. I'll post a pic of my peeps fave pic at the end of this post...
Joan, thanks. Lovely christmassy sketch of the toys, sounds like a fun art group...
EP, thanks, the peoples prize is always my favourite to get...

3. couch, t'is actually a fold down bed settee, but makes a great comfy corner for reading, and snoozing when its time for a Nanna nap...

...and here's the pic that got the vote... acrylic. on 80 x 100 cm canvas...