Home Forums Explore Media Decorative Arts, Murals, and Faux Attempting a Mural

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Bella369

Hello everyone
        I’m pretty new to painting and hoping to get some advice. I’ve been asked to do a mural of a cherry blossom tree on a friends daughter’s bedroom wall. They’ve painted it with Dulux Spring Interior Acrylic Flat (water based acrylic paint). I’m looking to first use the same type of paint to put in background before using my heavy bodied acrylic and then impesto for some 3D flowers. Does anyone know if this will work and/or has any advice? TIA
        ~ Bella

Yup, it should be fine though it might slip. You might want to test if your paint will slip by doing a test spot in a closet or other inconspicuous place.

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
        Find me on Instagram
        Find me on Facebook

Bella369

Thank you :thumbsup: I’m going to test in the closet tomorrow to see if it all sticks since it was also painted :crossfingers:

NerfHerder

Good luck! Post photos of how the impasto turns out, if you can!

Good luck, I’d love to see photos too.

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
                Find me on Instagram
                Find me on Facebook

Bella369

Thank you! Good news is the test area and impasto flowers stuck. Bad news is I had no idea they had painted the feature wall they want the mural on pink! I talked them into a white cherry blossom and am about halfway through (been really busy lately :( ) Will post some pics once it’s finished though :thumbsup:
                    ~ Bella

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.