Home Forums Explore Media Acrylics Partner: Blick Art Materials non-sale, in-store items– where are they?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Madilou

I frequently receive in the mail your coupons for non-sale, in-store items. Yet whenever I’ve brought a coupon with me, I’m told that whatever the item is, even if it’s not marked as a “sale” item, is “already discounted” and so doesn’t qualify? So, how do I identify items that will actually qualify for this coupon? It would be nice if they would be marked on your web site. If the coupon is actually just a useless gesture I will routinely throw them in the trash with the rest of the “junk mail”. Thanks!
        Madeline

Hi Madeline,

Thanks for bringing this coupon eligibility question to our attention. We’ve been working to improve the transparency of our in-store coupon exclusion process for customers, and we appreciate the good question.

Coupon exclusions are identified by one of two ways at Blick stores:
        – In the store, we display Sale product signs displayed for any products that are on sale, which does not qualify for further discount.

– Additionally, we’ve developed a product exclusion list posted online for consumers to understand items excluded at Blick stores: bit.ly/blickexclusions

You’ll find thousands of items eligible for the coupon discount in stores. However, the bottom line is that you can rely on Blick to automatically provide its customers with the lowest price on art supplies, guaranteed: Between coupons, Everyday Low Price items and as always, Web Match Rebate for our Preferred Customers.

- your friends at Blick Art Materials

Madilou

Thanks, that’s somewhat clearer now. But are you saying the coupon is ONLY good where the store price is the MSRP? I ask because in the past I have selected a non-sale item, thinking the coupon would apply, and have been told that the coupon wouldn’t be valid because the item is at the “everyday low price”. (Hmm.) Has this policy changed?
            A quick peruse of Blick’s website, targeting categories of products I would buy and using the “show all” feature, shows virtually every product at some discount from MSRP– either that or no longer available.

Hi Madeline,

Blick did recently update its store coupon policy, to discount off MSRP/List price. The art supply industry sets pricing to MSRP (Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price) or shortened to List Price. Many of our competitor’s price at MSRP/List or base their discounts off of MSRP. With that in mind, MSRP/List is a useful basis of comparison for our customers.

When a coupon discount applies to an eligible item, the discount is evaluated, and you will receive the lowest price between any combination of discount methods you choose to use, including Promotions, Coupons, and Everyday Low Prices, and as always, Preferred Customers qualify for the Web Match Rebate evaluated after every purchase.

Consider this Blick’s commitment to providing customers with the best discount options available when purchasing art supplies.

If you aren’t already familiar with our Preferred Customer program and would like more information on it , please go to http://www.dickblick.com/stores/PreferredCustomers/%5B/URL%5D

Blick store pricing is slightly different from the web, because the internet is changing prices all the time, and unfortunately we can’t update as routinely in the stores. So it’s best to learn about store pricing at any Blick store. If you want more details on the nitty gritty of our pricing policies, check out:
            http://www.dickblick.com/customerservice/pricingpolicy.

- your friends at Blick Art Materials

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.