Home Forums Explore Media Acrylics ever try this

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    bongo

A few years ago I made some paintings I wasn’t pleased with but before I painted over them I played around with some phone filters. Now I wish I had kept the paintings and re-did them to match the phone filtered versions

But today the obvious occurred to me – that before I abandoned a painting, or when I get stuck, I should experiment with some digital versions to see what potential I might have overlooked.

The original was 24″ x 36″ acrylic on panel.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/18-Sep-2019/1999899-sigsmall.jpg
        STUDIOBONGO

tmwilliams

I’ve never done anything with photo software – wouldn’t know where to begin! What did you do in this pic that’s different from your painting?

SoCalDan

I do this alot….I create alot of my paintings digitally first.

I play with colors and cropping, even aspect ratio, using GIMP software.

A painting is never really done as long as I can get my hands on it.

bongo

I’ve never done anything with photo software – wouldn’t know where to begin! What did you do in this pic that’s different from your painting?

Just one filter from an app called Prism. I was liking the painting except for the upper left – I re-painted it many times but was never satisfied, I finally got so sick of it, I gessoed it over. I should have just set it aside for a week or two. That’s what I do now with the ones that don’t make the cut.

this is the original painting – 24″x36″ acrylic on panel.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/18-Sep-2019/1999899-sigsmall.jpg
                    STUDIOBONGO

gaykir

What a fun idea! I just finished one I’m not pleased with so excuse while I get my phone…..😉

http://gaylekirbyart.blogspot.com/

Never tried a phone app but have used software on computer for a loooong time – it’s fun – also useful.
                        I really like the subject of your painting and see what you mean about the top corner – the manipulation keeps your comp but simplifies the b/g and – voila – problem solved!
                        Must check Prism! – thanks.:)

Cheers, Maureen

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in the Florals/Botanicals forum , WDE in the All Media Art Events , Different Strokes in Acrylics forum .

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.