Home Forums Explore Subjects Animal and Wildlife Subjects Owl WIP – update

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Keke2313

Hi everyone! Been awhile since I’ve been on here. I’ve been in a rut with this painting where I’m getting tired of looking at it. Anyone ever get like that? Ugh..I worry I won’t finish it. Anyway, here’s an update. Criticism appreciated.

I like your triptych- what a good idea! The grey is good, too.l, and the face shines out.

Penny
        I live in Wiltshire, England
        “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” -Will Rogers

Such a dramatic and powerful painting of the owl, so do hope you can finish it. Gorgeous!

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

Keke2313

Thank you guys so much! I’ll try and finish it!

Very dramatic, will love to see how it turns out!
            Lucy

Heather AKA Lucy12
            https://www.heatherrossbach.com
            https://www.instagram.com/heatherrossbachart/
            https://www.facebook.com/heatherrossbachart/?modal=admin_todo_tour

lisapencil

Looks fantastic, but I know what you mean about getting tired of a painting, I am in the middle of a commission that I’m struggling with it and it’s getting annoying. :cat:

Boafamily

We have all been there my friend, so stay encouraged and this is awesome and you are in the home stretch now.

This is awesome! I hope you’ll finish it; it’s so worth finishing this beautiful and powerful painting!

Jenna

My website: https://www.thecozyred.com/

jonc50

It’s THAT close to finishing…carry on!!

I think this is fabulous Keke. I know how you feel about getting a little tired of a work that never seems to end. However, you are almost there so take a deep breath, make yourself a nice cup of coffee, turn on some music and go for it.

Chammi
                        My Blog/WIP's and Tips: Chammi's Art Escapades

Triduana

Yep, been there too. You must be so close to finishing it though! I love the drama and strong composition of this piece. Go for it! :)

Kay D - Edinburgh, Scotland

So long, and thanks ...

Keke2313

Wow!! Thank you so much for the encouragement!! I really appreciate it. And I’m glad I’m not the only one that gets tired of a project. :lol: :clap:

Keke2313

Almost there. I think I may flair out the right wing more. Any thoughts?

musket

It would make it more dynamic, but I honestly don’t know if it would make it any better. Owls do tend to glide with both wings straight. I’n not sure about the wing dihedral; owls aren’t my specialty.

Keke2313

Anything I can do to make it better?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.