WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Figure, The
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#16   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-28-2012, 01:35 PM
A WC! Legend

Hails from Tuvalu
Re: Crimes against Art.

Love the portrait ;there used to be a time when you couldn't get the eyes right but it looks as though you have got that together now, I like the degas quote as well

Keep committing the crimes !
  #17   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-28-2012, 06:11 PM
Enthusiast
Indiana, US

Hails from United States

Sorry for being confusing, Dave. I was talking about the portrait. The shadows on her skin to the right (our right) of her jumper is what impressed me.

Kate
  #18   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-28-2012, 06:16 PM
A Local Legend
Pembrokeshire. West Wales UK

Hails from Wales
Use to denote nudity/mature subject matter Re: Crimes against Art.

Glad you liked the title Michael for me self criticism is vital, if I was to become complacent about my work that would be the end of what ever progress I’ve made.

Hi Trevor, are you sure it wasn’t the cockeyed models we used to get Do you remember the ones with one leg shorter than the other?

Cheers to you both, Dave

PS Hi Kate thanks for the clarification, you must have posted while I was typing
“What peaches and what penumbras! Whole families shopping at night! Aisles full of husbands! Wives in the avocados, babies in the tomatoes!—and you, Garcia Lorca, what were you doing down by the watermelons?”
— Allen Ginsberg
Are you ready for a Journey?
PS Critiques always welcome but no plaudits please.

Last edited by Journeyman : 02-28-2012 at 06:18 PM. Reason: PS
  #19   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-28-2012, 06:34 PM
A WC! Legend

Hails from Tuvalu
Use to denote nudity/mature subject matter Re: Crimes against Art.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyman
Glad you liked the title Michael for me self criticism is vital, if I was to become complacent about my work that would be the end of what ever progress I’ve made.

Hi Trevor, are you sure it wasn’t the cockeyed models we used to get Do you remember the ones with one leg shorter than the other?

Cheers to you both, Dave

PS Hi Kate thanks for the clarification, you must have posted while I was typing

Sure do remember them Dave we used to get some real strange looking models legs and arms and heads were very strange but they seem to improve slightly as time goes on.
Keep up the record of the strange looking people
  #20   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-28-2012, 11:18 PM
Austin, Tx

Hails from United States

@ journey man, thanks for checking out my website. I appreciate it. I took a look at your blog. You certainly do a lot of research for your posts. Very informative.

@ jackiesimmonds, the life drawing sessions I go to a run in a way where the model poses as they like, there usually isn't much direction. Of course the drawing sessions I go to are not classes at all. I actually like that format. Each model has different postures and gestures and carries themselves in a different way. As long as you have a rotation of models (as opposed to drawing the same one all the time) it's nice to just let the model's own natural postures show through.
  #21   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-29-2012, 02:24 AM
A Local Legend
Middlesex, England

Hails from United Kingdom

a model with one leg shorter than the other! Now THERE's a challenge!

I know what you mean about the difficulties of organising life sessions with models letting you down, used to happen regularly to the woman who used to organise a session I used to visit. Must be par for the course.

So...no crimes here...you are doing a grand job, both with your own work and with organising the sessions, which I am sure all your participants must be very grateful for.
  #22   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-29-2012, 05:28 AM
A Local Legend
Pembrokeshire. West Wales UK

Hails from Wales

The mention of a unidexter for a model is a long running joke withTrevor Jackie
Yes our sessions run very much as Stephanie says, the models are very experienced usually working for more than one venue. They set the poses unless something special is set up as when Helen came dressed as a ballet dancer and we did Degas poses. I book the venue for ten weeks at a time and I will have used six models during the current period.

Thank you all Dave
“What peaches and what penumbras! Whole families shopping at night! Aisles full of husbands! Wives in the avocados, babies in the tomatoes!—and you, Garcia Lorca, what were you doing down by the watermelons?”
— Allen Ginsberg
Are you ready for a Journey?
PS Critiques always welcome but no plaudits please.