WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Scratchboard Art
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-13-2012, 12:49 AM
Northern Queensland, Australia.

Micro-Mark Ultra Fine Fibreglass Brush

Hi Folks,
Just wondering if any scratchers in Australia would have a spare Micro-Mark Ultra Fine fibreglass brush and spare refills that I could purchase?...

While I love the effects that these can produce I confess that I really hate these things because they are so dangerous, but I have no choice but to purchase one to speed my work up.
I have two galleries here and possibly another one in Sydney shortly who want to do an exhibition of my SB's, but I am bogged down with fine detail using a scratchknife for everything which is just ridiculously too slow to get anything done, I'm just getting nowhere!.
I dont use credits cards so it's impossible for me to purchase directly from Micro-Mark as they only accept credit cards, money orders and cheques. The only thing I can think of is to send money to another aussie scratcher and ask them if they would mind making an order for me..... if they dont have a spare FG brush to sell me. I would be highly appreciative if someone could help me out. I live in Townsville, north QLD.
Cheryl.
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-13-2012, 02:20 AM

Re: Micro-Mark Ultra Fine Fibreglass Brush

Oops forgot to mention that I would send the money first of course - along with any postage or other costs involved!.
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-13-2012, 07:29 AM
Adelaide, South Australia

Hails from Australia

I only have one (I used to have three but I'm stuffed if I can find the other two) but to be quite honest, Micro-mark were quite quick at sending them so if I were you, I would just order them over the net. I can't remember how long it took but it wasn't too long. Mind you, if it was a couple of weeks, that might be an annoying wait since you need to speed up now.

Well done on the galleries!!
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-13-2012, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickHedges
I only have one (I used to have three but I'm stuffed if I can find the other two) but to be quite honest, Micro-mark were quite quick at sending them so if I were you, I would just order them over the net. I can't remember how long it took but it wasn't too long. Mind you, if it was a couple of weeks, that might be an annoying wait since you need to speed up now.

Well done on the galleries!!

Thank you Patrick.
I have an account at Micro-Mark, but it is totally useless to me - unless I can get payment to them!. You should have seen the problems I had trying to get payment to Dick Blicks - I sent them a special bank cheque first and it 'got lost in the Christmas mail', so that cost me a month in time, (but the bank refunded the money so that was good!)
Then I asked Blicks if they would accept a bank transfer, as they wouldn't accept Western Union (because that wasn't a secure and safe way to send money overseas); so I did a bank transfer which cost $65 - $40 on this end and $25 on the other! (or vice-versa).
I may have to ask Micro-Mark if they would accept a bank transfer hopefully they do - even though it costs an arm and a leg!. other than that I'm totally stuffed!. Bloody credit cards - I hate the mongrel things - and wont use them, but you cant even hire a car without them!.

Last edited by GirlfromOZ : 03-13-2012 at 08:49 PM.
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-14-2012, 07:13 PM
PA

Hails from United States

could u get the visa/mastercard that you preload with money, people in the states give them out as giftcards you can use anywhere.
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-14-2012, 09:11 PM

Hails from Australia

How about if I order it for you. Since I seem to have lost my other ones I need some more myself. If you want me to, let me know and also if you want refills.
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-14-2012, 10:34 PM

Thanks for all the help guys I really appreciate it!. Up until this morning I've been in total panic mode!!!!!.

Thank you Kristen - I did have a Visa card which was tied directly to a bank account, but had to cancel that as some mob on the internet started to suck money out our bank!.

Thank you very much Patrick that's very kind of you to offer, but luckily everything will be OK now.......please just go ahead with your order!. I contacted Micro-Mark yesterday via email and asked if they would accept a bank transfer, they got back to me straight away this morning and said they would - at a processing cost of $20 on their end). SO I spent 3 hours on their website this morning and found lots of other nifty gadgets ...that I just have to buy....because I.....NEED them!!! Thanks again Patrick, I hope I haven't held your order up!.
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-14-2012, 10:57 PM

Hails from Australia

You haven't held anything up at all

Oh, and micro-mark is a very dangerous site to stay very long on It can break you
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-15-2012, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickHedges
You haven't held anything up at all

Oh, and micro-mark is a very dangerous site to stay very long on It can break you

So glad to hear that I haven't inconvenienced you in any way with your order Patrick!. You are very kind!..... Thank you so much!!!.

Yep... Micro-Mark is a very dangerous site and that's for sure!!!. but I really do NEED THESE THINGS!!!!.
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-19-2012, 01:01 PM

I haven't ordered from Micro Mark yet because they don't take PayPal and I hate using credit cards online....I stumbled across this site this morning in the search for an alternative to fiberglass brushes. www.esslinger.com

It's a jewelry/watch repair site....and they have some of the things I wanted to get from Micro Mark....AND they take PayPal! Squeeee! I just placed an order. Yay!
Facebook
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-20-2012, 07:13 AM
A WC! Legend

Hails from United States

Just a safety tip for ordering with credit cards online: If you use the onscreen keyboard and click it with your mouse the keyloggers are not supposed to be able to see it.

My Website