Home Forums Explore Subjects Portraiture Seated young lady (WIP)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    PatrickE

24″x18 oil on linen. My first commission so I want to do a good job. The back of the arm really isn’t that yellow so maybe white-balance is off. Would really appreciate any C&C. I can’t change the basic shape at this point but could adjust some of the coloring. I know the hair on the left (looking at her) needs more work. Thanks, Patrick

123harry

You have done it well. That lovely face is the feelgood focus. The well drawn hands somehow balance it. Really nice.
            I wouldn’t define the hair too much, it’s going to distract from the face if you do and that’s perfect already.

C&C always welcome.
            Instagram harry.hamill

I think the figure and face are great- just soften the “halo” effect and call it done!

bethany
            moderator in figures & portraits blogs: artbybethany life-presence
            website www.bethanyart.com
            My inspiration is art... because without art, we would just be stuck with reality. ~Daniel R. Lynch

Good work with this portrait. I would add more tonal value to her face(cheeks) to bring more attention to her face and also soften the arms some.

I think Beth, and Harry gave some great advice. Beautiful portrait, and congrats on the commission!

Fall down seven times, stand up eight.

carolkay

I think the commissioner will be so pleased with this – you hv certainly captured the sweetness of this young girl ! All I would say — is bring some warmth
                Into her cheeks- nose region . Congradulations !

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Carol Sometime's failure is the opposite to success~ but sometimes failure can be the pathway to success
                Boafamily
                  Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.