Home Forums Explore Media Oil Pastels Oil Pastel Library Oil Pastel Challenges July challenge and chat thread for op’s

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 123 total)
  • Author

This month’s challenge is GREEN :angel:
    Green is such an every day color and yet it’s not the easiest color for artists to portray. Having a limited range of greens makes the challenge even so much more fun.
    Your subject matter can be any fauna, flora, building structure, vehicles, landscapes and abstracts.
    Mix your greens to get the desired shade to get as near as possible to a believable hue in your painting. Use pinks, greys, yellows, browns,blue, black ,white and purple.
    Post wips and discuss your painting if you wish to.
    Most important though: Have fun!

Christel

terriks

Oh my! A color challenge! How did it get to be July so fast?

Will have to put my thinking cap on here. Can’t wait to see what everyone comes up with.

Terri

Film photographer with special love for alternative photographic processes - especially ones that get my hands dirty!

Jennie

WOW, a great challenge. I avoid using green when ever possible. But, I have an idea.

Jennie
            "Whether you succeed or not is irrelevant, there is no such thing. Making your unknown known is the important thing.” – Georgia O’Keeffe
            @jenniferpaints http://jrcs.com.au/artist

Looking forward to seeing your work, Terri and Jennie!

Christel

SarahY

Ah, my least used colour! I’ve completed 34 paintings this year, and only one painting has any green in it. This will certainly be a challenge!

http://www.shyeomans.co.uk
                \m/ neue deutsche härte \m/
                Nothing left but smoke and cellar, and a woman with a black umbrella...

This blue cheeked bee eater is A4. the original background is sky blue and i didn’t like it so i changed it to green. It didn’t come out too great either and I played around adding a paspartout(spelling?) That helps against the mass of green:lol:

Christel

Jennie

Very small image 20x 15cm, edited a sketch idea I was working on.

Jennie
                    "Whether you succeed or not is irrelevant, there is no such thing. Making your unknown known is the important thing.” – Georgia O’Keeffe

Jennie

Ditto for me Sarah

Jennie

Lovely little abstract, Jennie! A cool combination of greens.

Christel

talinka

Thanks for the challenge, Christel.
                            I am also wary of greens, so this challenge is for me.
                            Christel- I like the bee eater with the background. It’s also nice with the oval paspartout.
                            Jenni- lovely abstract and very colorful

Tali

Jennie

Thanks Christel.

Jennie

Jennie

Thanks Tali.

Jennie

Thanks Tali!
                                    My next green bird, blue crested amazon, pmp reference. A4

Here i used my graphite pencil a lot for the feathers. I varied my grey green with yellow ochre, yellow, brown, black, pink and grass green.

Christel

Rich A

Beautiful work Christel and Jennie.

Great idea for a challenge Christel. Greens are fun and definitely a challenge. I could probably post all my most recent landscapes, as they are all green challenges themselves.

Love the green parrot Christel. YOu have an excellent handle on feathers.

I love the bright green and abstract feel to yours Jennie

Thanks Rich! Maybe a better idea for a challenge for you would be an abstract?:lol: :angel:

Christel

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 123 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.