WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Plein Air
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-25-2010, 10:16 AM
Enthusiast
Reedsburg, WI

Hails from United States
Part 2 - Autumn in Wisconsin

Hello,
Here are a few more from this Autumn.
I'd like to comment that we've had some unbelievable weather this year. Mostly all sunny or slightly overcast days with good temperatures in October. Lots of good stuff to paint.

I spotted this on the way to work one day, and decided to call into work for an hour so that I could paint it. It's only an 8"x8" but I'm hoping I can blow it up in the studio this winter.

This is Pewits nest, a pretty sweet place to go swimming or hiking. I live at the edge of the driftless area in Wisconsin, the glaciers did some funky things around here. This place is some large quartzite rocks with water flowing between them, but the true draw for me this day was the sugar maples changing color and illuminated with everything else in shade.
12"x24" also painted within a weird interval between work/school.

The first two images deal with sort of interesting play of light/shade, and this one is kind of the one that doesn't fit.
12"x14" leisurly painted from my backyard. I can see some things that make me want to focus my monitor on this one, green of trees looks garrish and some brushmarks that are driving me crazy!

Thanks for stopping, C&C please.
Kyle
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-26-2010, 01:41 PM

Hails from United States
Re: Part 2 - Autumn in Wisconsin

Hi Kyle,
Not experienced enough to give a critique but I always enjoy your paintings. Great colors!
Priya
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-27-2010, 10:50 AM
Veteran Member
Bristol ,Maine

Hails from United States

Great sequel! I love the richer dark harmonies.. Hard to do for sure, at least to me.

"The only men that can critique a true artist are usually dead".
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-27-2010, 11:19 AM

Hails from United States

"The only men that can critique a true artist are usually dead".
Haa... Ha....ha.... funny Daniel but so true
Priya
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-27-2010, 12:10 PM
Enthusiast
Reedsburg, WI

Hails from United States

Hi Dan, I'm glad my sequal is a box office hit (now just wait for the 3peat)! Yes, the darker harmonies are sort of new to me as well. In that piece with the rocks, I'd imagine that it'd be darker than I eventually painted it... but then agian I am "that high key guy" lol.
One thing with these, is that I have been painting a bit smaller with these, and it's halfway intentional. I'd like to think that by painting 2 or 3 smaller studies a day I'm going to be able to work in the studio a bit on some bigger ones this winter. (Yeah, I'd like to think that, it's going to be a big learning curve, and it's tougher to get those nice transitional tones smaller painting = less information). Also, I have been so swept away by this nice, sunny, autumn that we have had ( I think it's over now 60mph winds are blowing me away) that everything looked so good and I wanted to paint it all!

Hi Priya, thanks for popping in!

Kyle