WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Watercolor > Palette Talk
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#16   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-14-2018, 09:07 AM
A WC! Legend
North Yorkshire (James Herriot territory)

Hails from United Kingdom
Re: *** Daily Wash Wednesday 14th February 2018 ***

Susan....never heard of any of them colours myself. I use basic 'old' colours and did find,many years ago,that one colour paintings to start,usually Paynes Grey,then paintings with two,then three onwards.....but then I don't think we had Youtube then!

geoff
  #17   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-14-2018, 09:08 AM
A WC! Legend
Ontario, West of Toronto

Hails from Canada

Good Morning!! and HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!

I too and appreciate you my Washer Friends!! Some of us have been at it for a looooong time

Sun and a high of +, please note the + 4C. Tomorrow even better.

Today I am going to Kitchener to have lunch with Jodi and Hans, it will be an enjoyable afternoon.

In the evening I'll be watching the Olympics.

Sylvia, in the nick of time Larry will appreciate the card and the lovely dinner you are cooking.

Ona, was really nice to see you here in the Wash. I check your Blog ever so often and am so glad that you are doing so well!! BTW they are FINALLY paying a lot more attention the the Lyme Disease.

Annie, too hot to hug bug I feel for you!!

JJ, you too and NO you do NOT have to go for the 6 km walk in this heat, too bigger drain on your energy. What would happen if you were out of town??

Lulu, thanks and no, not 80 but 79 but am planning on being around for the 80

That reminds me, Ash Wednesday, I was actually born on Ash Wednesday.

Susan, most of us have boxes full of paint tubes, why should you be any different ENJOY!!

Anita, another full day for you!! looking forward to the photos!!

Hi Doug, Geoff, Rich and Bill!!

to ALL!!

Uschi

#18   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-14-2018, 10:51 AM
Memphis, TN

Hails from United States

Good day Washers......Happy Valentines Day, Happy Ash Wednesday or just Happy Hump day.......take your pick.

High 40's this morning already, supposed to get into the low 60's by afternoon with scattered showers throughout the day. By weekend we'll be back into the mid 40's for highs.....Roller Coaster temps are our norm for winter weather here and dull grey the majority of the time.

Healing white energy and positive thoughts to all here who are dealing with health issues...(EVERYBODY). I don't mind this growing older thing...but, in my humble opinion, this falling apart thing just plain sucks!

I have slept for 18 hours....had to take 2 Amitriptyline tabs for a strobe light induced migraine. Yesterday, home bound from errands, got stuck in accident traffic right next to all the emergency vehicles with all their strobe light flashing. Have never had a problem with lights....bright or strobe, other than night drivers who refuse to dim their high beams (they suck), but by time I got home I was in full blown migraine mode...this thing came on so fast it literally made me physically ill. Two amitriptyline tabs and 30 minutes later I'm out like a light.......18 hours of blissful sleep. Migraine gone this morning, but will stumble through the day in the "Ami Hangover".......no operating heavy equipment for me today....and I'm pretty positive that includes washing machines, vacuum cleaners, razors and can openers. Thank gawd the coffee maker isn't complicated.

Cats are fed, dogs are fed....I need to eat.....hey, 2 out of 3 is a fantastic batting average folks. Thing I'll stumble into the kitchen for more coffee...Lisa was so sweet this morning for Valentines day, she put up guide ropes for me from my studio to the coffee maker..........I love that woman!

Be good, do good.......or at least give it your best shot. BBL.....maybe......

Steve
  #19   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-14-2018, 10:56 AM
A Local Legend
Northeastern Ont

Hails from Canada

everyone,
Dashing through this morning. I slept in! This bad flu seems to have reset my sleep pattern. I値l have to start going to bed earlier than midnight because I知 wasting half the morning. I don稚 feel any different than when I was sleeping 4 or 5 hours though. So maybe it is just for while I知 still fighting this illness.

Uschi, I値l be thinking of you on the 21st. My BIL is also having his cancer surgery that day. I知 glad you only need the small procedure.

I知 off to eat and to the gym. Happy Valentines Day to all my friends here.

www.ellenspalette.com
  #20   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-14-2018, 10:57 AM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
West of Toronto in God's country

Hails from Canada

If you were born on Ash Wednesday Uschi

Hppy birthday to you Uschi and many more .

Les
  #21   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-14-2018, 11:47 AM
A WC! Legend
Island Grove, Just north of Toronto, Ontario Canada

Hails from Canada

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY
to all my friends here on WC.

Lynn, My thoughts are with Margaret, you, and her family. If you are allowed into the Trauma Unit, hold her hand and talk to her, tell her what is going on and that she will be OK and that the doctors and nurses are taking good care of her. Just keep talking.

Uschi very good news under the circumstances.

Char, love the name Oscar Wilde for your new member of the feline family. Even though the other Cats still hate him they will adjust.

Sue, Love both those colours Happy painting with your new paints.

Ellen, Keep resting and sleeping until you are well over this flu. I know it is hard for you to slow down BUT you do not want a relapse .

Waving to everyone and wishing you a great day... The sun is shining here and temperatures are rising and the snow will start to melt and there is a lot to melt

Cheers

Gail
  #22   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-14-2018, 12:00 PM
A WC! Legend
Ontario, West of Toronto

Hails from Canada

Just a quickie before I leave.

Les, NOT my birthday although I was born on Ash Wednesday but Ash Wednesday dates shift.

Steve, I thought of you last night because your health condition was one of the questions on Jeopardy and because of you I knew the answer Soooo sorry about your migraine

Hi Ellen!!

Uschi

#23   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-14-2018, 12:50 PM
Plano, Texas

Hails from United States

Happy Valentines Day

John and I are going to Outback Steakhouse for lunch instead of fighting the crowds for dinner.

Have a wonderful day!
  #24   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-14-2018, 01:22 PM

Hails from Canada

Uschi then consider the flowers as cheering you up anytime you are feeling low .

White light to Margaret
  #25   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-14-2018, 02:41 PM
WC! Guide
Michigan

Hails from United States

hello all and Happy Hump Day/Happy Valentine's Day!

We had some February birthdays and all brought in something to celebrate. I nibbled a bit but felt horrible after eating that sugar. I think it's finally out of my system.

Geoff/Anita the Ketogenic diet is a lot like the Atkins diet. I do get 20 mg of carbs a day, sometimes more. I cannot see myself staying on this diet too long. Today it's a month. I really like the Weight Watchers diet, you can have everything...in moderation and stay within your points.

It is sunny out there and 40F so far. We are expected to go to at least 42F. Snow is melting. What a difference a week makes. I would like to hope that we aren't going to get anymore snow but realistically I know that won't be happening.

Uschi, that is good news and I' will be praying for you on Feb. 21st the day of your procedure/surgery. Staying positive is half the battle.

JJ, I'd gladly send you some of our cool weather.

Steve, so sorry about your migraine. I hope you are feeling some better this afternoon.

I hope you all have a remarkable day!

Darla
  #26   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-14-2018, 03:13 PM
A WC! Legend
Pinehurst, Ontario

Hails from Canada

Good Afternoon Valentines! to All of you very special friends! My very own Valentine brought this gorgeous bouquet to me during Class.

And to make sure that all the Ladies were not jealous, he gave each of them a single rose.

Today's group began working on a new series of lessons... how to paint water. This is probably better for me than them because it's something I really struggle with.

It's warm and sunny today. Our snow will begin melting away and by the end of the week, our driveway should be clear again.

Annie, your weather is too hot for me. I'd never be able to leave the comfort of my air conditioned home. Whinge away... you deserve it.

Doug, I look forward to seeing what you're up to with your gouache!

Geoff... you are cratchety when it comes to special occasions! LOL

Lulu! You're always missed when you take a sebatical... Happy Birthday to John!

JJ, you don't HAVE to do this walk.

Anita, you'll enjoy Vincent, I'm sure!

Hiya Rich and Bill!

Sylvia, you sure get the opportunity to visit some fine exhibitions!

Susan, I can admit to owning way more than 60 tubes of paint... and I mostly use about 10 or 12 of them. Have fun playing with your colours. And don't worry about "painting" anything... all things have a season.

(((Uschi))) This is a hard thing to say, but I'm glad you only have cancer in a small lump that can be surgically removed. Hard, because it's still cancerous. Hard, because you're my friend and I care and worry about you. The 21st can't come and go fast enough.

And ((Steve)), I'm sorry you've been suffering with a migraine! You do have a good wife!

Ellen, your sleep patterns will normalize when your body realizes that you've finally healed. You, my Nurse friend, know that.

Awh, Les... you are a Sweetie! And a romantic!

Gail, it took a bunch of name changes to come up with something that matched his personality. We still can't get close enough to him to pick him up. He's going to have to be neutered, but that's going to have to wait for awhile yet. Tell Gillian that we hope she's ok.

Nancy, there are only a few Outback's in Canada... they are too high priced here for what we get. We do have a funny story, though. We took the Kids there for dinner some time ago. Ted ordered a baked potato with his meal and when it arrived, he dove in with his fork... the flesh came up GREEN!!! He stirred it with his fork and down into the potato was a green crayon! The Management paid for his dinner and gave all of us a free dessert.

Lynn, I'm sure you're coping with ((Margaret's)) condition as best you can... My thoughts are with you and her... visiting and talking is a good suggestion.

Darla, we cut our sugar content a long time ago because of Ted's diabetes. We cannot enjoy those desserts and things we used to love because they are just too saccharine.

I have a galaxy painting to finish, so I'll head back down to the Studio. Have a wonderfully happy and healthy day Everyone!

Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art. Leonardo DaVinci
Handbook Index ... Help for Newbies
  #27   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-14-2018, 03:13 PM
WC! Guide
Henderson, Nevada, USA

Hails from New Zealand

Happy Valentines to all! It's a special day for me -- I pick up one of my closest friends at the airport in an hour and she'll be staying with me for a few days. And then, in early evening, my son arrives for an overnight stay on his way to California. House is clean, food in the fridge and cats sulking in my bedroom having been banished from freshly cleaned guest bedrooms.

My cup runneth over!

Warm wishes for a wonderful day.

Kate
  #28   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-14-2018, 03:26 PM
A WC! Legend
North Yorkshire (James Herriot territory)

Hails from United Kingdom

Quote:
Geoff... you are cratchety when it comes to special occasions!
Who me?............Special occasions for me are funerals these days. Valentines Day, has not happened here for probably 40 + years, If I bought a card etc I would be accused of wasting money.
Sugar in our house is restricted to Castor Sugar which Eileen uses for meringues, when my Mother was alive we had to keep some as she wouldn't drink tea without it.........I gave it up for Lent went I was 14!
However,this past couple of days I have been snitching boiled mint sweets that we bought on the Garrison on Monday......total sugar and I suffered badly with hot,diabetic,legs last night, so they have been given up for Lent and beyond.

geoff
  #29   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-14-2018, 07:11 PM
Plano, Texas

Hails from United States

Good evening. We had a wonderful early dinner at Outback. We then went to JCPenneys. My ring finally arrived, and I was able to buy it. I saved 20% because it was on sale today. We ten went to Sams Club, and I bought my Shalimar cologne at discount prices. We then went to Best Buy. The manager filled us in on the criminal. She was already on probation and was being tailed by an under-cover police officer. Uschi was right that he was happy we distracted her for a while.

Another disgusting shooting in Florida about 30 minutes from my daughter痴 house in Brioward County. Ugh!!!!

Char, How horrible that a crayon was placed in the potato. Your whole meal should have been comped. We go there once or twice a year. We would go more often when we both were working.

Have a great evening!
  #30   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-15-2018, 12:06 AM

Hails from Canada

Char when we had trouble with a meal at the Outback Steak house we got free meals coupons .

Les