Home Forums Explore Subjects Animal and Wildlife Subjects Off South Georgia

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    vegaskip

Royal Yacht Britannia Refueling astern of RFA Wave Chief, with HMS Protector, off South Georgia in 1957
        Prince Phillip went on an official visit to British Antarctic Territories including The Falklands Islands and South Georgia. I included some ‘Wilde life’ as there was a book published about the trip which included his photographs of Southern Flora and Fauna.
        Jim
        Acrylic 30” X 12”
        [ATTACH]862530[/ATTACH]

vegaskip

Detail from above
            [ATTACH]862531[/ATTACH]

Triduana

Very good, lots of detail in this scene. Nice to see the Royal Yacht out at sea! Love the albatrosses. I applied for a job in South Georgia several years ago (sadly I never went there) and I became fascinated with the place and its wildlife.

Kay D - Edinburgh, Scotland

So long, and thanks ...

vegaskip

Very good, lots of detail in this scene. Nice to see the Royal Yacht out at sea! Love the albatrosses. I applied for a job in South Georgia several years ago (sadly I never went there) and I became fascinated with the place and its wildlife.

I got as far as The Falkland Islands, but got ‘medevaced’ home. By the way you can nip down to the docks and check Britannia’s details, I’m used to seeing her steaming along side.
                    Jim

Triduana

I got as far as The Falkland Islands, but got ‘medevaced’ home. By the way you can nip down to the docks and check Britannia’s details, I’m used to seeing her steaming along side.
                        Jim

Yes I still need to do that :)

Kay D - Edinburgh, Scotland

So long, and thanks ...

jonc50

Nice work!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.