Home Forums Explore Subjects Fantasy and Sci-Fi Art May Fantasy and Sci-Fi Art Monthly Challenge and Chat! May 2018

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 120 total)
  • Author
    talisman

[FONT=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif,&quot][FONT=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif,&quot]May 2018 Challenge[/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[FONT=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif,&quot][FONT=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif,&quot]
        [/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]GUIDELINES:
        On the first of each month a subject, concept or idea will be posted in a thread entitled Fantasy Science Fiction Monthly Challenge and Chat.

All entries must be new original artworks for this challenge in any style or genre of Fantasy or Science Fiction done in any medium, 2D or 3D.
        Join in the discussion about the project – it’s friendly and fun to learn how others are coping/struggling/thriving!!! But no visual images! Help can be gained from asking but also from looking for resource materials elsewhere such as the Reference Image Library or best of all your own wonderful imagination!
        A ‘reveal’ date for all is 21th of the month – that gives us a little over 3 weeks to make the work, plus few extra days for latecomers, feel free to post till the end of the month, then a new Challenge will be posted.

Please post the finished artwork on this thread at that time.

[/FONT][/COLOR] The Challenge this month is “Nature”

Fantastic things in nature abound, creatures such as Dryads and Ents, Deities that control aspects of nature, spirits, will o the wisps or other fantastic “nature” creatures.
        Don’t worry Sci-Fi folks nature is in that realm also, alien landscapes, hydroponic amazing plants or a rotating gravity inducing spaceship with the crops (nature curving up in the distance) it is science fiction after all, have fun!
        [/SIZE]

Dianna WC! Guide: Fantasy/Sci-Fi Art
        C and C always welcome.
        My DeviantArt Gallery

SarahY

:clap:

http://www.shyeomans.co.uk
            \m/ neue deutsche härte \m/
            Nothing left but smoke and cellar, and a woman with a black umbrella...

vanity

One of the easiest challenges ever ;p I’ve already done several pieces of this type this year so why not do one more ;)

https://www.instagram.com/clay_and_ink/
                https://www.deviantart.com/whitewillows
                Formerly vanity

talisman

Yes this one is very wide open, but it will still be interesting to see all the different visions and spins people put on it.

C and C always welcome.
                    My DeviantArt Gallery

I know what I’m doing! I like this theme. :)

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
                    Find me on Instagram
                    Find me on Facebook

SarahY

I’ve found myself with far too many ideas… :lol:

http://www.shyeomans.co.uk
                        \m/ neue deutsche härte \m/
                        Nothing left but smoke and cellar, and a woman with a black umbrella...

Attalus

Hmmm, okay…;)

Bill was a long time valued member of our community who passed away after a lengthy illness. We will miss him. Rest in peace.

"Modern art is what happens when painters stop looking at girls and persuade themselves that they have a better idea."- John Ciardi

My dA page:http://attalus.deviantart.com/

Attalus

Hooray! My new SoHo Urban Artist Adjustable Drawing Board has arrived from Jerry’s. And I got it on sale! The drawing surface is 19-3/4″ (50 cm.) x 29-1/2″(75 cm) in hardwood and adjusts down to 20 degrees from the horizontal (yes, I measured with a protractor because it said 30 1/2 degrees in the blurb and I was nervous that would be too much). Now I can really move my pencil drawing into my studio from the dining room (where S. justifiably complains of the clutter and mess). Really nice finish and a truly useful tray at the bottom that holds my pencils and propellable erasers. Only thing I don’t like is the smell (it was, of course, made in China, or it would have cost a bazillion dollars) and whatever they used as “lacquer” is pretty niffy. But I have left the windows open and the ceiling fan on, so I am sure it will dissipate. I sat there a while, just to get the feel of it before the smell drove me off. It already smells a lot better, now.

Bill was a long time valued member of our community who passed away after a lengthy illness. We will miss him. Rest in peace.

"Modern art is what happens when painters stop looking at girls and persuade themselves that they have a better idea."- John Ciardi

That sounds great, Bill. We’ve noticed that things smell awful now. To me everything smells like dry cleaning solution which makes me wonder if it’s the cleaners/germicide things they use in the shipping containers.

I have this huge rash on my arm, thought it was poison ivy at first then realized that when I moved my rue (a plant) I should have worn gloves as it can cause that sort of reaction too. Fortunately it clears up pretty quickly. I planted my herb garden today, a bit late because of the weather but the perennials are already up so fresh mint soon, yay!

Find me on Instagram
                                Find me on Facebook

Attalus

That sounds great, Bill. We’ve noticed that things smell awful now. To me everything smells like dry cleaning solution which makes me wonder if it’s the cleaners/germicide things they use in the shipping containers.

I have this huge rash on my arm, thought it was poison ivy at first then realized that when I moved my rue (a plant) I should have worn gloves as it can cause that sort of reaction too. Fortunately it clears up pretty quickly. I planted my herb garden today, a bit late because of the weather but the perennials are already up so fresh mint soon, yay!

Glad I am not alone, Virginia.For that rash, I would get some of that over-the-counter 1% hydrocortisone cream that the drugstores sell, it works great for contact dermatitis like that. You may be right about that smell. It was apparent from the minute I opened the Jerry’s box and was sure made better when I put the proprietary box out by the curb. It barely smells, now, praise the Lord! I am about to spend some time at it, doing the prelims for the Acrylics Challenge.

Propellable erasers? lol Enjoy your new drawing board!

C&C always welcome. Michelle

mkmcreations.com
                                    Every painting is a new adventure.

talisman

Bill enjoy your new drawing board!
                                        New toys are so cool, and I’m sure the smell will be better.

C and C always welcome.
                                        My DeviantArt Gallery

talisman

I’ve got my ideas down to three now….
                                            I’m going to try not to do three and instead do one really well!

C and C always welcome.
                                            My DeviantArt Gallery

Thanks Bill, the hydrocortisone has it pretty much cleared up, a few lumps are left but those should fade quickly. You think I would know by now to always have that around. Tomatoe plants make me break out too. I did plant a few tomatoes yesterday though. Planted some oregano, thyme, basil and chamomile daisies too.

Dianna, that sounds like you’re doing a intricate one. I have mine blocked in, I’m on the ball for once.

Did anyone else get those storms last night! We had a night full of thunder and lightening. The worse went to the north of us thoigh.

Find me on Instagram
                                            Find me on Facebook

Attalus

Thanks Bill, the hydrocortisone has it pretty much cleared up, a few lumps are left but those should fade quickly. You think I would know by now to always have that around. Tomatoe plants make me break out too. I did plant a few tomatoes yesterday though. Planted some oregano, thyme, basil and chamomile daisies too.

Dianna, that sounds like you’re doing a intricate one. I have mine blocked in, I’m on the ball for once.

Did anyone else get those storms last night! We had a night full of thunder and lightening. The worse went to the north of us thoigh.

You are welcome. :wink2: We are in the middle of a thunderstorm, and I have been unable to play computer games. Luckily, it made me get my pic for the Acrylics Challenge blocked out. I still am unable to think of anything for this Challenge, but Susie is using her new-to-her pastels on a piece of paper she tore out of one of my scrapbooks, humming merrily along.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 120 total)
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.