Home Forums Explore Subjects Figure, The New Virtual Life Class…… Number 12

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 372 total)
  • Author
    Adair_P

We are such busy little bodies here in the Figure Forum….so I thought it’s time for the next challenge…. or, the next Virtual Life Class.

I’m so happy to introduce one of my very favourite models for the new VLC….. and I know she will be a favourite of yours too. Some of you already know Sophie…. there have been quite a few lovely paintings of Sophie in the various forums on WetCanvas.

These photos and poses have been specially chosen to include the following:
        Some dramatic lighting
        Some poses with drapery
        A portrait
        Fronts, backs
        Reclining
        Some extreme foreshortening ( just in case you were starting to think they all sound easy!)
        and a candid shot

These should challenge you and keep you all busy for a while I should think…. so away you go.

Everyone, please join in….and if you are a newbie…. this is a great way to break the ice!

Please post your drawings/paintings/digital studies in this thread…. it is not necessary to time yourself, but it is always helpful for the rest of us to know what medium you used, the support and size, etc.

So here’s the usual warning just in case anyone might be offended if they see…

Female Frontal Nudity ….Ahead

Many thanks to Sophie for these wonderful photos and for her generosity in providing them.

Happy painting everyone….:thumbsup: Looking forward to seeing your work here. Sophie is too!
        :wave:

”Virtual Life Class” Archives

mark malone

WOW!! Some great poses, love the seated “laughing” pose. I will do this running along the figure swap. Might even drag out the ol’ pencil and charcoals, as I have just purchased a 100 sheet pack of A1 cartridge paper, and I’ll throw in a digi ta’boot!!

Thanks Pauline and Sophie!!

[font=Impact]My Sketchbook@ Conceptart.org[/font]

beebluefern

I’m going to try to join in this…she is just lovely, isn’t she? Ahhh youth! All great pics and so hard to choose, but I think my favorite, which I will endeavor to do in pencil, is the one with pearls in her hair-classic! Thanks Pauline for getting this VLC going!

Whatever you do, Do from the heart.
                Col. 3:23

Rosic

Great work Pauline…
                    and THANKS Sophie!… you are no stranger around these parts!
                    Bern

"I'm traveling 33 1/3 RPM's in an IPOD world..."

Hi:)
                    Thanks, Pauline and Sophie, for this virtual class:clap: What a beautiful poses!!!
                    So here I am with my first study. Pastel pencils on charcoal paper, about 1 hr. C&C’s welcome.
                    Thanks again!!!
                    K.

"Nothing seems more difficult to draw than human body, yet we live in a sea of it and we are one of them..." J.Hamm

Adair_P

Glad you like these Mark…. I can tell you are ‘raring to go’. (Now that’s a strange saying…. I couldn’t believe that the spelling here is the correct one!)

Pam…. so you like that one too! I’m hoping to get Mac into this VLC with the portrait this time….:thumbsup:

Bern….for sure…:thumbsup:

Kris…. you were quick of the mark….. and this is a fantastic drawing. I think the reflected light down Sophie’s arm is a bit strong and comes a bit too far forward, whereas the one on her side works well. Maybe her cheek should have the white highlight as per her nose…?

Would love to see this again if you adjust those very minor things…. but I love it already…. and those are only my humble opinions!

sula

[FONT=Verdana]Hey Pauline ……………..great VLC.

…….and thanks Sophie. Fantastic poses, your work’s always really inspirational. I’m definitely keen to contribute to this one as well.

……Do I get to cheat and post one of these poses I’ve done previously? ……..nobody saw it before really!!! .[/FONT]

A quick P.S. ………….Sophie, I just realised that you will be checking this thread and I have a couple of others done from similar refs of yours – so thought I’d post them for you to see, since I’ve been so remiss in contacting you through DeviantART. I’ve posted one previously in WC but not the other.

Brad
                            'Every time I paint a portrait I lose a friend' - John Singer Sargent
                            https://bradcongdon.wixsite.com/bradcongdon

Rosic

Bravo Brad and Kris! Think I’ll do the pose you did Kris…
                                B

"I'm traveling 33 1/3 RPM's in an IPOD world..."
                                beebluefern

[B]Pam[/B]…. so you like that one too! I’m hoping to get Mac into this VLC with the portrait this time….:thumbsup:

Yes, it’s quite nice isn’t it? When I saw it, the first image that came to mind was how it would look drawn a la Beardsley! I have a couple of other ideas for it as well. She’s really a beautiful girl and a great model. Mac would do great justice to this pose!!!:thumbsup:

Whatever you do, Do from the heart.
                                    Col. 3:23

Adair_P

Kris and Brad…… you get this special stamp from Sophie………

WV.Artistry

Sketch #193

x-posted :
                                            http://r601020.deviantart.com/%5B/URL%5D

Richard

katsarecool

Sophie is indeed an excellent model especially with the long red hair; very romantic. I have seen her over on Deviant art too. I may find some time to jump in here with pencils and paper too.

Adair_P

Sophie is indeed an excellent model especially with the long red hair; very romantic. I have seen her over on Deviant art too. I may find some time to jump in here with pencils and paper too.

That would be great!

Richard…. I was thinking of you when I chose this one… and here you are already…. and it is rendered in your usual superb way…. proving that you are indeed the master of drapery…:thumbsup: This is stunning.

deahna

Great poses. Thanks to Sophie and Pauline for putting it together…

Here is my first attempt, with conte. I didn’t even use vine first! That’s a huge step for me.

I noticed after uploading the photo that her right shoulder is not angled correctly, which is an easy fix. The other thing I noticed is how much I made her resemble the love child of Posh Spice and an elf. I don’t think I can change that easily, though (nor would I!).

"Between thought and expression lies a lifetime" - VU

Adair_P

Deahna…. I love your interpretation of this reference. The essence of Sophie is definitely there….. and yes, as you say… she has an elfin look about her which I like very, very much. Very well done indeed.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 372 total)
                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.