Home Forums Explore Subjects Figure, The Show Us Your Galleries and Exhibitions

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author

We seem to be able to create Artworks… but showing them to others publicly, and/or trying to sell them can be a different kettle of fish!

How do you show your Works of Art? do you have a your own Gallery, a home Gallery, a communal Gallery, and agent…. or some other way of doing things?

Feel free to Post some pictures and information :cat:

This topic was prompted by something DavidHH said recently, and I don’t have any really recent photos, but for several years now I have had a small studio space that I rent in a communal building in the local University. Over 100 years ago it was an Agricultural College and the building we use is the old Piggery… hence the name Piggery Lane Studios, which we use as studios and also serves as Gallery which we have open to the public on occasions

my studio space(filled with paintings and drawings!)

and how to promote them? a flier for a recent opening

Let’s see some photos :)

Mac

Thats superb Mac, my pics will be posted soon

Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art - Leonardo da Vinci
    More than happy to receive C&C on anything I post
    Instagram
    https://www.instagram.com/the_henson_gallery/

Constance

Mac, do you paint in your galleries too? I see some beautiful landscape paintings…

Instagram: unsuspectingstrangers

Constance the space in the Piggery was my only studio space for painting until I built a small studio at home last year, but most of my landscapes have been plein air… with a little bit of studio finishing. They are supposed to be ‘working studios, but it seems to be all display now.

Mac

ArtistOz

Mac is that all your space and paintings we can see or do you share the building with other artists and have a smaller space within the building?

Bill,
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/artistoz/
            Instagram, billwperry

I have not had the luxury of my own gallery- or even a dedicated studio space.
            I have had a few solo shows at local cooperative artist-run galleries, though.

and another solo show- this is the one that Mac called in to visit a few years ago…

and here I am doing a demo while in the gallery.

And I have a solo show booked for January in this gallery.

bethany
            moderator in figures & portraits blogs: artbybethany life-presence
            website www.bethanyart.com
            My inspiration is art... because without art, we would just be stuck with reality. ~Daniel R. Lynch

ArtistOz

Good on you Bethany you are putting yourself out there even if its someone else’s space.

Bill,
                https://www.flickr.com/photos/artistoz/
                Instagram, billwperry

Bill the building is basically 6 studios (the old styes) the photo is of the inside and outside of mine, all my paintings and I have a few on the main wall as well.

Brilliant stuff Bethany :clap: … is some of that building the one I visited some years ago?

Mac

That’s right, Mac- as I said in the post- the one with the painted brick. So glad you remember calling in!

bethany
                My inspiration is art... because without art, we would just be stuck with reality. ~Daniel R. Lynch

123harry

Impressive looking premises, Mac! And an impressive level of organisation. Wish I could boast something similar. My studio space has to compete with the rest of my bedroom and small library of old text books which I don’t have the heart to evict (after all you never know when you’ll need to brush up on Fourier transforms or Raman spectroscopy….) I don’t really intend to sell things anyway. I just draw and paint for fun so there’s no pressure to put myself out there.
                    Wish I could drop in on one of your shows Bethany! Unfortunately we’re not often down in Oz! Maybe one of these days….

C&C always welcome.
                    Instagram harry.hamill

Constance

Wonderful exhibition of your works Bethany! I’m sure your solo show coming January will be a success. Is there a theme?

Instagram: unsuspectingstrangers

Here’s my tiny gallery space. I have a studio upstairs but I can only use that when the gallery is closed as I’d forever be running up and down. I’m usually at my desk sketching or in the workroom (o.k. kitchen) fiddling with pigments and making a mess. The kitchen floor seems always to have a red ochre tinge. The picture choice has to suit the community I’m in. They seem to love poppy pics ;)

An off road position isnt the best but it was my business office before I retired and I had time remaining on the lease. I wouldnt choose to be here but a high street position would double my rent.

my cupboard of potions (not a food cupboard, honey is used in some recipes…

Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art - Leonardo da Vinci
                        Instagram

that’s good David,and it must be a satisfying feeling to have turned it into your own studio :smug:

I have decided to change the name of this thread slightly to include Exhibitions… and make it a Sticky so that visitors won’t miss out :)

Mac

Well, David– I think you are living the life I dream of! Gallery downstairs, studio upstairs sounds great… maybe when I retire!

Constance– thanks for the positive thoughts. Yes there is a theme… stay tuned!

bethany

Bethany its an expensive hobby but I love it. I’ve been open a year now and they say it takes three years to get a business going. The best feeling is selling my own work, I’ll never get over the fact that people actually want to hang my pictures! I’ve increased the amount of my own work for sale and people love talking to ‘the artist’. If i never make a profit at least it gets me up in the morning ;)

Thanks Mac, sticky is great, hope to see more people adding their pics

Instagram

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.