Home Forums The Town Center WC Site Technical Discussions Uploading pictures from the iPad

• This topic has 99 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by .
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 100 total)
  • Author

EDIT January 2016: I have discovered and answer to the age old problem of uploading from an ipad. Normally if you upload more than one picture a day from an ipad each photo overwrites the previous one. However if you use the “Manage attachments” feature under the reply box instead of the mountain icon and post your pictures in separate posts, this does not seem to happen.

Doug

This is an experiment. I see that photobucket images have the correct .jpg ending. Presumably it is possible to use the attachment facility to upload photobucket pictures. The uploader tab is greyed out on my iPad2.

OK I solved it. I created a photobucket account then uploaded an 800 wide picture from my laptop to my album. I then found it on my ipad and clicked the link icon then IMG Code. I then pasted the url into my thread without using the uploader icon at all.

This is of course an externally hosted image.

Attached Images:
    I now tried pasting the image url in the attachment box. I had to remove the IMG tags and then clicked upload and it uploaded. However it didn’t appear in my post. I found I had to go to the bottom and click “Save Changes” to make the attachment appear. Another method is to click the attachment code and copy the image code and paste it into my thread. I’ll edit this post on my ipad to include the two Versions.

Now editing on my iPad:

Now for the attachment – pasted the image link into the attachment box then deleted the tags before uploading. Now I closed the attachment box an “Saved Changes”. It then appeared at the botom of my post.

The alternative is to simply insert the photobucket image link into my post and this is an externally hosted image:

If you right click the above images and view the image info you will see the first one is hosted on photobucket and the second one is uploaded to wetcanvas.

Hmm doing this on my laptop, I’ll attach from my iPad:

It worked, let’s try another attachment:

Remember to Save Changes after uploading the attachment. Attached files have to be less than 1Mb in size and less than 800×800 pixels.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

Lets try another:

I used the Simple Resize app to resize a photo to less than 800 pixels first.

Doug

Externally sourced:

When the external image is deleted later the image will disappear.

Attached: NOTE: Remember to Save changes at the bottom of the screen after uploading an attachment.

Doug

Let’s try another. I copied the IMG link from Photobucket and will insert it here:

Now that is an externally hosted image, but it is simple to do.

Now let’s try an attachment:

It didn’t seem to work that time :confused:

Doug

Anonymous

Testing on ipad with iOS6 and image upload worked. No need for photobucket or having to resize it as WC resized it after upload.

Please not that only one iPad upload is possible in one day as iOS6 does not use filenames and each upload that day replaces the previous one.

That’s great! As soon as Google posts its Maps app I’ll upgrade to iOS6.

Doug

OK iOS6 lets you choose and upload in Safari and in the Dolphin browser, however you can only upload one picture per day[/COLOR].[/B] This is because the iPad doesn’t attach filenames to your pictures and every one uploaded has the same filename. Each new picture overwrites previous picture uploaded that day.

EDIT: I have discovered and answer to the age old problem of uploading from an ipad. Normally if you upload more than one picture a day from an ipad each photo overwrites the previous one. However if you use the “Manage attachments” feature under the reply box instead of the mountain icon and post your pictures in separate posts, this does not seem to happen.

Doug

frey01

so beautiful!

I hung on for ages, but as soon as Google brought out a new Maps app with street view I upgraded.

Remember you can upload frrom the ipad but only one per ay as there are no file names on the ipad.

Doug

maritajill

Thanks for the info, Yorky, perhaps I’ll give in and load IOS6 if it loads direct **Nice to see your painting of Golden Cap at Charmouth. That was a great WetCanvas holiday!

Marita[/COLOR] [/SIZE] :wave:
                C & C welcome
                My Website
                As Picasso said, "In order to be a painter,
                you need to know how to paint, and when to stop."

coffeecup12

Ok I didn’t quite follow all of that. I only have access to the Internet through my iphone. Is there a way that I can post pictures to threads using my phone?

Sorry, I have no experience of using a smart phone, we have only an old phone for emergencies. Perhaps someone else can help?

Doug

Chilly diesel

Hi Doug I am a new member and am having trouble uploading pictures from my iPad. The above posts are two years old now and quite convoluted with external hosting and such. I simply need help with uploading pictures from my iPad. After I hit the upload icon I choose my picture and hit the upload button which takes me to step number two. On step number two it shows my picture with the URL at the bottom and says to click to close window and add it to my thread. When I click it nothing happens. I have read every thing on this site with regards to uploading pictures and watch the video in your sig. No dice. Any ideas?

Thanks, Dave

Dave it appears that if you have iOS6 or higher you should be able to use the normal uploader, but only for one picture per day.

Doug

Test from ipad2:

Selected existing picture from popup:

Doug

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 100 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.