Home Forums Explore Subjects Animal and Wildlife Subjects Broadbodied Chaser – pastels

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    lisapencil

Hi folks, I haven’t posted in quite a while due to a hectic summer with the day job (landscaping). I have finally managed to finish this piece in a combination of soft pastels and pastel pencils. The wings were extremely complex to do. It is drawn on sennelier la carte paper and measures 12″ x 16″. Ironically whilst working in a customer’s garden a real life chaser landed and rested for quite a while on one of our spades, so I was able to observe and study him. The reference photo for the piece was taken from Jason Morgan’s british wildlife CD.

Humburger

Wow. Very intense and interesting.

Ginny
            www.virginiacmccoy.com
            C & C Welcome

Gorgeous! I’m moving it to the soft pastel forum:wave:

Christel

lisapencil

Thanks very much Ginny and Christel. :wave:

water girl

You tackled an extremely complicated subject and succeeded! Your composition works as well. Personally, I love La Carte for detailed work. Great choice.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Karen, IAPS/MC, PSA WC Moderator-Pastels

web site , Getting started in soft pastels., What you need to know, Critique Guide Lines

Donna T

This is so cool! That insect is an engineering marvel and a thing of beauty and you did such great work on the wings!

Donna
                        C&C Always Welcome

Triduana

Very good. I love how you’ve done the wings – you’re right, they are complicated! Love those blues and greens in the background too. :)

Kay D - Edinburgh, Scotland

So long, and thanks ...

KareBear94

Really nice, love the colors!

lisapencil

Thanks very much for your lovely comments Karebear and Triduana:cat:

fedetony

wonderful… love dragonflies… excellent rendering Lisa

Federico Garcia
                                        My Blog
                                        C&C always welcome :D

"...when someone gives a critique of your work, fear not. It usually means they like or care more of your work than when they just pat your back." - Tiago

Wow, what a lot of work you have done Lisa. Fantastic detail. Hats off to you.:clap: :clap: :clap:

Chammi
                                        My Blog/WIP's and Tips: Chammi's Art Escapades

lisapencil

Thanks very much Frederico and Chammi, it means a lot:cat:

Boafamily

I love dragonflies and you captured this guy perfectly.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.