Home Forums Explore Subjects Figure, The selection from the last few weeks

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

a random selection of life drawings from last couple of weeks from the the two life drawing groups I go to

Mac

Your work is looking a bit samey, Mac – same lovely lines, same exciting movement, same clever shadow work. Someone messaged me just the other day to say we are not critical enough in this forum. Well, I’ve change that ;)

And yes, I could go into detail on a number of your drawings niggling about this and that but what would be the point? Your work is nearly always fast and furious and very expressive. I’m loving what you are doing in watercolour, the medium terrifies me :)

Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art - Leonardo da Vinci
    More than happy to receive C&C on anything I post
    Instagram
    https://www.instagram.com/the_henson_gallery/

Great gesture drawings. I especially like the sepia/conte? The second and 14th seem to have large legs. I find myself doing the same, overstating the legs, particularly if the model has long legs.
    Thanks for sharing, I really enjoy your figure works.

No crits from me- I like them all for different reasons. I am jealous that you get to go to 2 different drawing groups!

bethany
    moderator in figures & portraits blogs: artbybethany life-presence
    website www.bethanyart.com
    My inspiration is art... because without art, we would just be stuck with reality. ~Daniel R. Lynch

123harry

Lots of good stuff as usual! The bluish drawings (not sure if that’s an artifact of the camera) have lovely elegant shapes. I like the back view of the lady in watercolour. My fave this time is the model who seems to have drifted off and is dreaming that her feet are in the water.

C&C always welcome.
        Instagram harry.hamill

dawnra

Mac, as always a wonderful group of drawings. My favourite is the second one. I am really jealous of your two life classes though, some of us cant even find a regular life class within a reasonable driving distance.

Mike

[FONT=Garamond]As I paint I talk to my canvas, in the hope that one day it will reply! http://www.laoisartist.blogspot.ie

Constance

Always those in blue pencils (esp the last 2) and your watercolour works. The darker tones for the eyes…and the eyebrows!

Instagram: unsuspectingstrangers

You are getting into some severe critiquing there David:wink2: I am trying to vary things a little though, introducing a colour change with the pencils and trying watercolour for the longer 30 minute poses… looks like I will have to try harder:rolleyes:

Not sure about the ‘furious’ work though!

Thanks Patrick, I’m using some brown/sepia/terracotta type colour pencils on a sandy colour copy paper for those drawings. My usual fault is to make the heads too small… so just large legs could be considered progress?;)

Bethany thanks, yes it’ really a benefit to have two groups to go to… I’m always envious of those that can do it full time… or always have live models on hand :envy:

thanks Harry, yes blue pencil on white paper… am having trouble with my cameras/phone cameras to get the background to look white lately!

Mike thanks, yes…same comment I made to Bethany :)

thanks Constance, it helps that I usually use the blue pencils on the lovely one and two minute poses :cool: and I’m just starting to play with watercolour and get an idea of how it works.

Mac

ArtistOz

A couple of really good ones there Mac.

Bill,
                    https://www.flickr.com/photos/artistoz/
                    Instagram, billwperry

Mac, I could look at any number of your blue pencil drawings and never get bored. If not fast and furious, they are just so full of energy :)

Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art - Leonardo da Vinci
                    More than happy to receive C&C on anything I post
                    Instagram
                    https://www.instagram.com/the_henson_gallery/

Some very nice pieces.

thanks Bill… trying to do the models justice!

David
                    thanks, I find the blue pencil matches the dynamic poses!

LSB thanks :)

Mac

Lovely work Mac. My favourite is probably the second for the subtlety of the
                    muscle and bone definition.

Nathan.
                    C&C always appreciated.
                    My art on Instagram

thanks for the comments Nathan

Mac

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.