Home Forums Explore Media Photography The Shutterbug Pub Crested Pidgeon

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Greenhill

This morning, down by One Mile Creek, a lone Crested Pigeon was fossicking about in the bracken when I came along.
        As I drew closer it seemed unperturbed by my presence, kept pecking away at whatever grubs lay beneath the dry leaves.
        Pigeons in general are pretty soft targets for photographers, they tend to be more trusting than others, so I kept it in frame
        until it settled under a shrub. I followed to within less than three metres. It knew that I was a friendly photographer and posed for a portrait.

OMD M5 Mkii

[/CENTER]

MY FLICKR
        OLYMPUS OM-D E-M1 Mark II * OM-D M5 MkII * XZ2 * XZ1 * E3[FONT="Georgia"]
        The camera kneads the dough, PP bakes the bread - Greenhill

Humburger

Wow. Beautiful shot. Yes, it does look like it is posing. LOL!

Ginny
            www.virginiacmccoy.com
            C & C Welcome

Irishwhistler

Mark,
                Great image Mate.:thumbsup:

Mike

Gasp, this is great.
                Loving the blue grey colors and tan eucalyptus leaves and twigs under the dappling light.
                It is captivating, I tell you.
                You should be very happy, Mark.
                LORELL

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
                Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

Anonymous

Nice work, Mark.

Beautiful coloring on that bird, nicely set off by the tans around it. Very well exposed and focused.

Greenhill

Ginny, Mike, Lorell, Dave, thanks to you all for commenting. And yes, with the subject’s consent I felt privileged to have been given the :thumbsup: for this shot.

MY FLICKR
                        OLYMPUS OM-D E-M1 Mark II * OM-D M5 MkII * XZ2 * XZ1 * E3[FONT="Georgia"]
                        The camera kneads the dough, PP bakes the bread - Greenhill

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.