WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Oil Painting > Water Mixable Oils
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#31   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-17-2015, 04:28 PM
Vermont, USA

Hails from United States
Re: Using Masterson's Stay-Wet Palette with WMOs

I don't really like my Masterson Palette that much. It is difficult to seal, large and cumbersome, and doesn't preserve the paint for very long. Also, paint that has been thinned out on my palette still dries up very fast.
After fooling around a lot, I settled on a version of the method David Gray uses. I have a smaller, shallow plastic food container with a very air- tight but easy to remove cover. I cut a board the same size as the bottom, covered it with plastic (I guess you could use a piece of glass or heavy cardboard) and laid it inside the box. The paint left on my palette after a painting session that is still in a large glob, I simply lift off with a palette knife and transfer it into my little sealed box. Then I clean off my palette (because I like things tidy.) When I'm ready for my next session, I open my sealed box and transfer the paint onto my clean palette.
Even though this involves the extra step of transferring paint, I greatly prefer it to wrestling with the cumbersome Masterson's.