Home Forums Explore Media Oil Pastels Oil Pastel Studio Latest works, something different

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Rich A

These are both 12×16 inches. senns and mungyos on arches coldpress. The wave painting is titled “The truth came crashing through” and was inspired by a local photographer whom I follow on instagram. One of his latest photos really spoke to me and he gave me permission to use as a reference. Cool guy.

The second is a self portrait. I’m into these colors at the moment for some reason or another. I used to do a lot of these kinda expressionistic portraits back when I was using acrylics…and I think I wanna do the whole family now…:lol: :lol: :lol:

Love your waves!
        Cool self portrait! An unusual crop but it works very well.

Christel

rbhatt

Hi Rich,
            I saw these two paintings on your Instagram page earlier. You have done some amazing work with oil pastels. I like the colors you chose for the wave painting.

Raj

R-B
            Williamsburg, VA
            My Instagram Page

terriks

The wave painting is gorgeous – I am betting that is one really beautiful photograph, too! The pinks in your sea make me think of Monet.

I love the wild, blowing lines in your self portrait. I just love stuff like that! All those blues and whoops, there’s that pink again. :lol: How interesting to have two such completely different paintings with such strikingly similar palettes. Very creative!

I’m so happy you’re still enjoying this paper. Sounds like the family has to get ready to sit for their portraits now – go git ’em! (And share!) :thumbsup:

Terri

Film photographer with special love for alternative photographic processes - especially ones that get my hands dirty!

sonihal

These are both 12×16 inches. senns and mungyos on arches coldpress. The wave painting is titled “The truth came crashing through” and was inspired by a local photographer whom I follow on instagram. One of his latest photos really spoke to me and he gave me permission to use as a reference. Cool guy.

The second is a self portrait. I’m into these colors at the moment for some reason or another. I used to do a lot of these kinda expressionistic portraits back when I was using acrylics…and I think I wanna do the whole family now…:lol: :lol: :lol:

Simply brilliant and amazing!

talinka

Arghhhhhhhhhhh but why no neck?
                        Just kidding :-)
                        I love the landscape. The waves are so vivid and come in such contrast to the muted background.
                        I like the portrait too, the palette is really interesting and there is a very expressive lighting. But seriously, the fact that it has no neck reminds me of paintings of Goliath after beheading (like the one Caravaggio painted).

Tali

Rich A

Thank you Christel, Raj, Terri and Tali. I appreciate your thoughts.

The ref photograph is stunning. I’d post it, but it’s not my image…I added color and exemplified the light.

I did for a brief moment think to put in a neck and shoulder in the portrait, but that thought quickly vanished. Maybe because of the beard…
                            I like hearing what you all think.

Rich A

Thanks Sonihal…didn’t want to forget you. I appreciate your time to comment.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.