Home Forums The Town Center All Media Art Events WDE Jan 12 Immortalized

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    artastic

I just loved this photo ref, and did not see the model cat until I zoomed in ,so I cropped and combined and painted a previously splattered bit of matboard with acrylic paints and did a folk art bit of fun.
        this is 6×6 and took an hour
        it will become a cover for a handmade journal

C&C always welcome -Bonnie-
        http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/04-Jan-2017/104250-banner.jpg

“It’s possible to have an awesome life, but it’s up to ourselves to do it.” Weekly Drawing Event, Want to host a WDE? Hosts needed starting now.

Awwww, Bonnie, I’m so totally smitten with this one. It will make an extraordinary cover!

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

eyepaint

Such lively colours!!

-- EP Moderator for:
            All Media Art Events, Artwork From Life, Art Journals

Triduana

Bold and lively! I love the added bird on the right. Good work! :)

Kay D - Edinburgh, Scotland

So long, and thanks ...

This works well Bonnie – and with bird included too!:thumbsup: … love it!

Cheers, Maureen

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in the Florals/Botanicals forum , WDE in the All Media Art Events , Different Strokes in Acrylics forum .

Wallyloopey

So glad some people chose this photo. This is so unique and beautiful.

LoganArt

Bonnie, this is so bright and lively. Hubby sneaked over here to look at said it was a lovely bit of folk art! High praise from an appraiser!

It’ll make an awesome book cover.

C&C always welcome

Great colours!:)

DawnDR

How fun! Love how colorful it is. :)

C & C welcome :)

Inspiration does exist but it must find you working. -Picasso

ams

Nice work Bonnie. You captured the folk art feel on this.

Anne

Anne
                                C & C always welcome.
                                https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/topic/wip-still-life-with-purple-underpainting/

surob

I love the bright colors!

Susan

"Things turn out best for the people who make the best out of the way things turn out." Art Linkletter My RIL

tyree

that is gorgeous Bonnie ! love the colours and design !!
                                        tyree :wave:

'art is the most intense mode of individualism that the world has known'.....oscar wilde

robertsloan2

What a great cover! So neat you did include the little cat down under his painting, you captured all the color and wild creativity of the original. This is gorgeous. Great concept for a journal cover!

Robert A. Sloan, proud member of the Oil Pastel Society
                                            Site owner, artist and writer of http://www.explore-oil-pastels-with-robert-sloan.com
                                            blogs: Rob's Art Lessons and Rob's Daily Painting

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.