WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Landscapes
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#16   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-15-2019, 07:45 AM
Veteran Member
Ontario, Canada

Hails from Canada
Re: Oat Field for feedback

Beautifully done and you have obtained wonderful depth...some good comments above for sure. The painting is well done ...I am always one for play of light and shadows in my pathway scenes with subtle dappling of light and shadows for effect and to break up the concept of one continued colour.
It is a great piece ...just beautiful.

John
  #17   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-15-2019, 09:20 AM
A WC! Legend

I love the area in the back where the fields reach the distant forest and hills. Also, great sky.
  #18   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-15-2019, 03:47 PM
Veteran Member

Nice painting and very inviting. I agree ITA that the composition is overly weighted with dark colors/values on the right side. Although you’re probably working from a photo, if you wanted to take some artistic license, I think the painting would be stronger if you could break up the tree line on the right side so that some of the sky and fields show through.
  #19   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-16-2019, 03:46 AM
Ireland and Czech

Thanks Tom. This painting is not quite my usual style and i would normally break up the tree line as in this painting below which i just completed. But the Oat Field composition was based on these three strong distinct shapes - sky - field - dark forest. Sometimes I like when a painting looks different from the rest and someone at an exhibition just points it out as being their favourite! But I actually completely agree with the point you are making and many thanks.