WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Airbrush
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-22-2010, 05:35 AM
Enthusiast
birmingham

Hails from England
Thumbs up Power Series 2 Dan Power Tutorial Review

yet another resounding success from Dan Power

this as everyone will probably know is the follow up instructional to the series 1

some 8.30 hours of highly informative tutorials including colour theory and rendering hair using different techniques ,each DVD on the set of is dedicated to a different subject and takes some time to ingest over several days viewing ,it is also highly recommended that you have already seen and ingested the series 1 as the series 2 relies on this in order for it to be fully understood

this time Dan does include some limited promotion of the equipment and paints he uses ,this is relatively brief and actually useful and to be fair this is a commercial exercise

he explains colour theory in easy terms readily understood as he does with the other subject matter

value for money is excellent in comparison to most of what you get or don't get for your money as i have wasted cash on what where basically artists showing off their skills rather than true instructionals

what you get is actually more than Dan does in an actual class environment so he has made sure no one gets short changed in that respect

by far one of the best tutorials available and by far some of the best value for money out there

Paul
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-23-2010, 08:20 AM
Staffordshire, ENGLAND

Hails from England
Re: Power Series 2 Dan Power Tutorial Review

I was also impressed with the DVD, but feel a little let down, as I wanted to purchase the Trueight Paint promoted with in the DVD, but am unable to purchase as yet in the UK
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-17-2011, 03:17 PM

hi paul been away for some time. could please let me have a link to the dvd sorse thanks tony
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-01-2012, 01:15 AM
Adelaide

Hails from Australia

I have to totally agree. This is the best series and series 2 is as good as one. I purchased a Harder & Steenbeck Infinity airbrush based on Daniel's review of them and it is the best I've used, so far, by a country mile. I use Auto Air and Createx paints with it and it never misses a beat, is so tunable and precise.
The DVD set has helped me with hair and I will soon do the exercises related to this series to raise the bar again. 9.5/10 for both sets.

http://www.airbrushdvds.com/
http://www.users.on.net/~wwhaeg/
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-11-2012, 06:36 PM
Macomb Illinois

Hails from United States

Thanks for the review Paul ....!!
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-15-2012, 04:55 AM

A glowing review of Dan Powers work by Paul. Wow, there's a huge suprise.

When you chat with him next, could you ask him how he managed to make Keith Richards look fat in his Rolling Stones portrait? I've been wondering how he managed that.