WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The WetCanvas! Galleria > Open Critique Forum
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-06-2012, 06:48 PM

Aubie and Bella

MY IMAGE(S):

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Aubie and Bella
Year Created:
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 16 x 20
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
I have never posted here- would love to have this critiqued.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
1. Composition- would a different background have been more effective or would it take away from the portrait?
2. Any comments would be appreciated to help me improve.
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-09-2012, 02:18 PM
Veteran Member
Genelle, BC

Hails from Canada
Re: Aubie and Bella

Were you told that a different background might be better suited or is this something you are feeling after having lived with it a bit?
Colours viewed on monitors can be different from the actual painting: have you painted the background integrating the colour of the dogs? Pic is small-I think I see yellows, and greens rather than just a dark background.

You've painted a wonderful variety of colours in their fur, with subtle blending and gradations. Dogs look as though they might be quite the characters; expressive faces.

A complementary background could be an option. The dogs have warm colours so a cooler background could help them pop forward some. Here's but one option

Not familar with these dogs; would increased texture in fur be inappropriate?

Last edited by NRC : 03-09-2012 at 02:24 PM.