WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Mixed Media, Encaustics, Collage and Alternative Materials
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-30-2000, 06:02 PM
A WC! Legend
High Desert of Idaho

Hails from United States
Post Cattle markers?

About three years ago I began working with cattle markers on my large canvases instead of oil pastels or just oils. Has anyone else used this medium?
They are cheaper than oil pastels and come in large sticks. They run between a dollar and a dollar twenty-five. You can get them at any feed store all year long, and they come in many colors.
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-31-2000, 11:46 AM
Enthusiast
Cleveland, Oh.,USA

Hails from United States
What are cattle markers made of? Is there actual pigment in them or just dyes?

Gisela

------------------

Artworks by Gisela Towner

[This message has been edited by Gisela (edited July 31, 2000).]
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-31-2000, 07:58 PM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Pa.

Hails from United States
Hi S......I don't have an answer to your question. Just happened to notice that you are from Mountain Home. I have a son & daughter-in-law who live there--so we have a connection (sort of)!!! Phyl
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-31-2000, 09:26 PM
A WC! Legend
High Desert of Idaho

Hails from United States
Gisela,
There is pigment in them. They are made the same way that oil pastels are. An old mentor told me about them, and she got me hooked after I used hers for a day.....lol
They really bring out the kid in you. It is like working with big crayons. I blend them with a palette knife at times to get texture, and I use a brush with some solvent on it when I want smooth color tansistions.
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-31-2000, 09:30 PM
A WC! Legend
High Desert of Idaho

Hails from United States
Phyllis,
Is your son in the air force? We have a huge air base, tact/sac, right on the outskirts of Mtn. Home. I married a Mtn. Homian recently and that is how I came to be here. It is all high mountain desert, and very inspiring. The colors are incredible in the desert. Hope you get to visit your family sometime and experience it for yourself.
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-03-2000, 08:58 PM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Pa.

Hails from United States
Yep--both he and his wife are career Air Force. She is in about 15 years now and he about 14. I have a couple of photos but mostly they are fighters and bombers!!! Hope to visit someday.