WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Florals and Botanical
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#16   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-06-2019, 02:53 PM
Veteran Member
Northern New England

Hails from United States
Re: Greenies' Chatter box

Thanks, Maureen.

Bob's dad had alzheimer's disease. His mom kept him at home with her until the last 2-3 months of his illness. I asked her one time how she coped. She told me 'one day at a time'. I promised him and her I would always be here for Bob...I am a woman of my word. I follow his mom's advice, one day at a time. And when that seems to be too much, I follow the advice given the school bus drivers when dealing with unruly children (I was ones a substitute school bus driver) 'say, I can take anything for one minute'. And then, in the next minute repeat 'I can take anything for one minute'. And before you know it, the minute or minutes are up and it is better.

Bob fell this am. Took us half an hour to get him off the floor and back into the bed - he's having vertigo again. 'I can take anything for a minute.'

It's just that sometimes, those minutes are too close together and I cannot get much done in my 'studio' or spare bedroom where I work...sorry!

I am grateful, I could be a widow now. Most grateful! Blessings and gratitude, LynneDe
As I will never take this exact path again may I not leave a kind word unspoken or a kind deed undone. May my life count for good, may the world be better for my having been in it when the final reckoning is accomplished. Blessings, LynneDe
  #17   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-06-2019, 06:16 PM
North East England.

Hails from England

Lynne, I'd give anything to be still looking after my husband .... I know what you're going through ..... I absolutely refuse to call myself by that 'w' word!!!

I have a friend who lives near me, in the same situation as I am, who also refuses to consider herself like that .... we're still wives!

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in Florals/Botanicals, Weekend Drawing Events in the All Media Arts Events forum. Different Strokes in the Acrylics Forum.
**Information Kiosk~Acrylics**
**Reference Image Library**
**My SAA website**
  #18   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-06-2019, 06:48 PM
Veteran Member
Northern New England

Hails from United States

I'm glad to hear that, Maureen. I have a friend that's 91, she and a couple other friends do use that 'w' word, and I hate it!

I think I will follow your example. No 'w' word anymore from my lips or fingers!

Blessings to you and all who are waiting for a great reunion someday, we will be wives forever! LynneDe
As I will never take this exact path again may I not leave a kind word unspoken or a kind deed undone. May my life count for good, may the world be better for my having been in it when the final reckoning is accomplished. Blessings, LynneDe
  #19   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-16-2019, 11:32 AM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
120kms south of Brisbane, Australia

Hails from Australia

Gidday Mum and Lynne, de bad penny's turned up again... Just peeking in to say hello.

Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time. (Thomas Merton)
C&C Most Welcome and Desired.
  #20   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-18-2019, 12:24 PM
Veteran Member
Northern New England

Hails from United States

No 'bad pennies' every, Meg! Every penny's worth it's weight in gold, or copper or whatever they make them from nowadays. Glad to see someone else join the chat.

I haven't heard from Bluefish in ages...anyone know where he's at?

Blessings and gratitude...we passed our 27th anniversary this past Wednesday!
  #21   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-23-2019, 05:21 AM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
120kms south of Brisbane, Australia

Hails from Australia

Yep Im with you Lynne, gotta say hello to my mate Blue.... check out the figures forum, he's probably over there having a perve.

Teach lovely to have you drop in, you and I are in the same boat. I lost my muse also when I quit smoking... I havent lifted a brush for 2 years. I just found a lovely landscape that excited me, so maybe it will be the push I need.

Viv I hope all is good with you, I lovely my trip to New Zealand, especially Dunedin... I envy you living over the ditch... the gardens and flowers were spectacular...

Mum big huggs to you, I may be MIA these days but you and the ladies are never forgotten

Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time. (Thomas Merton)
C&C Most Welcome and Desired.