Home Forums Explore Media Oil Painting Bothersome White Roses

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    filfilthecat

Hello artists! Hope you’re doing well!

I have started this painting from about 4 years ago and from then have stopped working on it because I have a huuuge block.:o

I don’t know what to do, I think there are too much flowers but I don’t know which ones to cancel. Also the flowers are all diffrent styles:confused: Maybe less brown and more other colors?:confused:

Any suggestions will be fantastic:clap:

kentiessen

The arrangement looks OK, although I might suggest moving one in particular. It is not possible to offer any suggestions on value, color, or other things because the image is so small. It would help if you posted a larger image –

Ken Tiessen

www.KenTiessenArt.com
            Comments or Critiques welcomed...always!

filfilthecat

Here It is a bit bigger I can’t get to make it flip over:lol:

kentiessen

Here is it’s correct orientation.

Your values are good, and the drawing/handling has the right feel. Many of your colors are neutral toward brown. If you were set up an actual rose like this, you may see very little neutral and begin to see more nuances of color. True and clean color is very important with flowers, and I am guessing this is work from a photo.

The composition is good, but the bottom has two symmetrical arrangements- I would shift one flower to break that mirroring. Also, draw the vase as accurately and symmetrically as you are able.

Ken Tiessen

www.KenTiessenArt.com

filfilthecat

Thanks alot I really appreciate your feedback, and thanks for flipping the pic!
                        The reference was from a real life vase of flowers that has long since been thrown out.:)

kentiessen

You’re welcome. Of course- buy a white rose, put some light on it, and observe.

Ken Tiessen

www.KenTiessenArt.com

ptrkgmc

I like them, I do want them to be more full tho, … some extra roses leading off the canvas wouldn’t upset me.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.