Home Forums Explore Media Oil Painting The Technical Forum Any way to speed up the sun-thickening process of oils?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Quality

Any way to expedite the process? Lamps? Magnifiers? Foil?

Humbaba

A parabolic mirror, a modified metal trash can, or simply aluminum foil for redirecting the sunlight could boost the effect. The oil container must be a seal-able shallow flat glass (according to industrial standards), and there must be space to accommodate the oil once swollen.

I fastened a bottle of linseed oil to the roof of my car for several days for maximum light exposure and it worked quite well, the only issue was the people constantly pointing out to it and asking me if that wine was expensive.

Gigalot

I use empty transparent plastic bottle from sunflower oil with 1/7 linseed oil. I put it horizontally, shake once a day and try to open it once a day to refresh air inside it. After 3-4 weeks my sun-bleached oil will be ready to use.

I fastened a bottle of linseed oil to the roof of my car for several days for maximum light exposure and it worked quite well, the only issue was the people constantly pointing out to it and asking me if that wine was expensive.

:lol:
                By the way, no one would never torture a good wine in such a way.
                Wine hates UV light (never keep your bottles exposed for days under fluorescent light tubes).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.