Home Forums The Town Center Welcome Forum! Hello I’m new to oils

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Doniartist

Hello everyone, I’m new to oils and I have a problem. I am in the process of painting a commissioned painting. In between, I moved. In packing up, my good intentioned hubby wrapped my painting in a cover to protect it. I didn’t say anything to him but my painting came out looking like a fur coat. I pulled off as much as I could but I feel it may be ruined and I need to start over. Is there something I can use to wipe on it to remove a layer safely? Thank you so much. I feel like cryiny. I worked on this for a couple months.
        Doni

Jon

Hello, it is nice to meet you.
            I made a copy of your post and placed it in the Oil Forum so you can get some more input to your concerns.
            We are the welcome area of the site. :)
            Reminder:
            * You can access any Forum by using the “Forum Jump” located at the bottom right of the screen or the Channels drop down menu at the upper left
            * Moderators and Guides have links in their Signature lines to address FAQ’s
            * There are “Stickys’’ (permanent threads that “stick” at the top of all thread listings) that are full of helpful information.
            *You can use Google Advanced Search to help you locate topics of interest on WC by simply entering WetCanvas in the blank asking for a domain name

Doniartist

Thank you. I am new to this site as well. :)

talisman

Welcome Doni!
                    Good luck on your artwork repair, sounds to me it’s a tall order to fix it!
                    Wet Canvas is a great place to explore and learn!
                    Look around and find a subject or medium you like, there is truly something for everyone here.
                    Things are arranged here by subject and also by medium.
                    Have fun looking around, lots of things to do, Learning Areas and Monthly Challenges in several forums.
                    Look at some of the forums and you’ll soon find a fit that’s right for you, or maybe several forums!

Dianna WC! Guide: Fantasy/Sci-Fi Art
                    C and C always welcome.
                    My DeviantArt Gallery

Oh dear, I hope they can help you out with that. That had to be upsetting.

Nevertheless, please enjoy the forums, and welcome. :)

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
                    Find me on Instagram
                    Find me on Facebook

Greggo

Welcome to WC!

Lots of fine folks here, you will meet many of them as you browse about.
                        It’s worth exploring the full list of the forums.

Sharing, learning and teaching others is the best way to fan the creative flames.
                        The friendly members here will try to help you with any questions.

Be sure to review the guidelines for commercial uses,
                        Read about the use of images in the Reference Library.

There are all levels of artists here, working in virtually all mediums.
                        There are many talented people from many lands.

Looking forward to seeing your art.
                        Looking forward getting to know you!

Links to additional information contained in my signature line below.
                        Feel free to ask us any questions you have.

(The Abstract & Contemporary Forum is where I am usually found.)

Greggo

https://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/17-Jul-2013/110200-Tatrabanner.jpg [FONT=Times New Roman] Click here for>> WC FAQS >

Doniartist

Thank you all very much for your welcome and information. I look forward to learning more about oils and getting to know everyone. :)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.